Sebastian Giovinco (7 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
I would like a good Giovinco avatar, and i do not want to copy u guys' one, cuz that is gay to do imo. He is such a class player, i seriously am so anxious to see him get some playing time with the Old Lady, he is so pacey, skillful and his movement, vision and passing are all great, and judging by that shot at the olympics, his shooting has come along excellently too, and that was his left foot :). Future legend imo, forza giovinco! Hope he can take Italy all the way at the olympics.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Thinking back, we could have lost Gio to Palermo. Fortunately, the board hold on to him after some pressuring from the Juve faithful. :tup:

Playing Gio in the hole behind Amauri and Iaquinta could bring some unexpected and positive results ... and we still have Trezequet and Del Piero.

Definitely spoilt for choices. :p

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
Thinking back, we could have lost Gio to Palermo. Fortunately, the board hold on to him after some pressuring from the Juve faithful. :tup:

Playing Gio in the hole behind Amauri and Iaquinta could bring some unexpected and positive results ... and we still have Trezequet and Del Piero.

Thanks to fans that we still have such a great talent ;)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004

:shocked:

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
I'm proud that Giovinco grew up at Juventus youth and is now slowly becoming an idol for Juventini and Italians in general.

I would be so freaking jealous if I was a Milanista or Interista.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
I'm proud that Giovinco grew up at Juventus youth and is now slowly becoming an idol for Juventini and Italians in general.

I would be so freaking jealous if I was a Milanista or Interista.
I would go a step further and say i would be jealous of us, no matter what club i was.

Forza Juve.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Giovinco grows in stature

When the time eventually comes for Sebastian Giovinco to reflect on his footballing career, you would expect that 7 August 2008 will bring back special memories for the Torinese.

It was the day when the Juventus midfielder announced this potential to the world at the 2008 Olympic Games by showcasing an array of his footballing skills. However, his pièce de résistance came in the 41st minute when he received the ball 30 yards from goal. Taking one touch to control it, another to tee himself up, he then hit a rising left-footed shot which flew into the top left hand corner of the net.

Giovinco then ran to photographers, placing his thumb on his head and sticking his little finger into the air, so FIFA.com's first question to the 1.64m-tall starlet was obvious: ‘just what was your goal celebration all about?'

Proving people wrong
"It comes from the fact that I am not very tall and people always said that I would never make it as a player because I was too small," he explained. "So every time I score a nice goal, I make the gesture which increases my height!

"There were a lot of people who thought I wouldn't make it as a professional footballer because of my size. The media wrote it in the newspapers although some coaches never said it to me directly; I think they thought it too.

When the time eventually comes for Sebastian Giovinco to reflect on his footballing career, you would expect that 7 August 2008 will bring back special memories for the Torinese.

It was the day when the Juventus midfielder announced this potential to the world at the 2008 Olympic Games by showcasing an array of his footballing skills. However, his pièce de résistance came in the 41st minute when he received the ball 30 yards from goal. Taking one touch to control it, another to tee himself up, he then hit a rising left-footed shot which flew into the top left hand corner of the net.

Giovinco then ran to photographers, placing his thumb on his head and sticking his little finger into the air, so FIFA.com's first question to the 1.64m-tall starlet was obvious: ‘just what was your goal celebration all about?'

Proving people wrong
"It comes from the fact that I am not very tall and people always said that I would never make it as a player because I was too small," he explained. "So every time I score a nice goal, I make the gesture which increases my height!

"There were a lot of people who thought I wouldn't make it as a professional footballer because of my size. The media wrote it in the newspapers although some coaches never said it to me directly; I think they thought it too.
I have always had confidence in my own ability and now I'm just eager to prove people wrong.
Sebastian Giovinco is looking to prove his doubters wrong.

"I have always had confidence in my own ability and now I'm just eager to prove people wrong. I want to show those who did not believe in me that they were mistaken. That's a big motivating factor for me."

China rises
Things are looking good for the 21-year-old, recently recalled by Juve after a successful loan spell at Empoli. He was voted as the most valuable player at the 2008 Toulon Tournament, where he also finished as his team's top scorer.

After his all-action display on Thursday, the 21,680 crowd in the Qinhuangdao Olympic Sport Center Stadium rose as one to show their appreciation of his efforts. Honduras coach Gilberto Yearwood even compared him to Roberto Baggio and Giancarlo Antognoni in his post-match press conference.

"I didn't expect it [the standing ovation] from the fans, so I was surprised and very, very happy and very proud," he said. "It was a very emotional day: given the goal, my performance and the standing ovation.

"I was a little bit surprised with what the coach of Honduras said about me, but also very grateful. However, I don't like to make comparisons with other great players. I just want to be myself, but it is true that when I was a child I looked up to the great No10s."

Learning from the best
It is from one of those No10s that ‘Seba' is learning his trade. Italian legend Gianfranco Zola is one of Pierluigi Casiraghi's coaches with the Olympic squad - and Giovinco couldn't be happy to act as the sorcerors' apprentice.

"It's absolutely fantastic to work with them," he smiled. "They were professionals who played at the highest levels themselves and they know what it's like for young footballers like me. Their influence is so important for my career and they've given me this wonderful opportunity to play with the national team and show my ability at these Olympics.

"By listening to them and with hard work I hope to get better and better, but I hope, above all, to be a winner, because as a sportsman, people remember you if you win something, so in the future, I hope to be part of a team that wins something special."

http://www.fifa.com/mensolympic/news/newsid=842366.html

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
well, in my opinion, nedved does very little for the defense, especially since we're playing with 2 DMs. He does get back to grab the ball, but overall, except for breaking the passing-ways, he does not defend at all. That's not what he's supposed to. Nedved plays on the LM as attacking midfielder, his job really (according to ranieri at least) is to deliver crosses, to get defenders to him to free our attackers, to cut inside to the middle and to release some wide shots once in a while. That's how i think our system works, and giovinco does just the same.
As for palladino, i think he'll come back one day. His main problem was that he had little space overall. On the RM (he played as a RAM) there was camo, who was untouchable, and more versatile, because he could cut inside too, playing as playmaker) and in our forward section, trez and del piero were just on another level. He was no joker either, like iaquinta, who could come in and score. But still, i believe his time will come, in 1 or 2 years. It will all depend how long camo will go on, what will happen to marchionni, and for how long our capitano goes on.
I disagree, Neddy still does a great deal defensively, no matter the odds, no matter the opponent,no matter the result, NEDVED is the only player who draws back and supports our defenders, steals the ball and alone start a counterattack, he goes as far as he can and then fires a dangerous long shoot, even at this age and this si exactly the reason i admire him and the reason we cant easily find a player to replace the work he does in our squad.
The reason we are so Neddy dependent, the reason we cant win 90% of the matches without him in our squad...
We are an Italian team, destined and meant to defend with 10 players at times, both of our wingers and can defend and along with our DMs we create a two line defense, our system favors players like Neddy.

But thankfully CR seems to realize now that each player has some different skills and characteristics and he needs to have a different role to give his maximum and optimize our performance as a whole...he said about Giovinco;

“I think he could easily be the alternative to Pavel Nedved, albeit with different responsibilities and characteristics.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)