Sebastian Giovinco (10 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
"Giovinco received a rousing ovation when he was replaced by Juventus teammate Claudio Marchisio with 12 minutes left - he had been the Azzurri's key figure."

It may seem meaningless but i think it's important. Guys like Seba will always have a lot of fans and will be especially attractive for the younger population.
This time it's even more important because we're talking about the Chinese fans and if they fall in love with him it may bring lots of new fans and $$$$ to Juve.
Yes and domestically too, the young fans have a tendency to follow future prospects and define themselves with them, we really need some iconic figure to inspire the future generations...
It's no use trying to compare giovinco to anyone. He IS talented, well all know that, and he constantly improves. What i like is that he's being slowly build up; he deliberately has not been thrown into the cold water, and i like that, although a lot of people are criticizing our board for not taking him home earlier. I think NOW is the perfect moment to put some pressure upon him.

What should be pointed out also, is that giovinco played first half on the exact same position as neddy does. as LMA, cutting inside. It was only in second half when he moved more freely, and played more behind the strikers as AM. And i must say, i liked him more in the first half. Of course, it's difficult to compare, because in second half there was more defending but still...

Giovinco is exactly what we need for our midfield, especially for when neddy is not available. Let's not get too hyped up, though, because you never know what pressure makes out of a player, but i'm confident that he will be one of our best players in 1 or 2 years time. Glad to see.
I am only worried that Giovinco will not be able to deliver the defensive work Neddy does, esp if we have Molinaro as our main LB, a player who cant defend or support our winger, for now Cheillini does the defensive job Molinaro cant in our back and Neddy does the same at the middle, but Giovinco isnt equipped to deliver such a thing and CR might not tolerate that like he did with Palla,
hopefully Giovinco, as a midfielder will provide much more help offensively than Palla could as a SS trying to emulate a winger...

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Just watch the chinese crowd reaction to him today. They definately never heard or saw him before. And after like 10 minutes of the game they were screaming every time he touches the ball and its clear that they've instantly liked him. Even the english commentator who didn't know him (he even called him giovincho) was saying that this guy will be a huge star in the near future....
Not really. In China, Italia and Argentina are the most popular national football teams. Players such as Giuseppe Rossi, Giovinco, Montolivo and etc are actually quite well-known.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
former Empoli man got the ball rolling for Pierluigi Casiraghi’s men four minutes before half time with a stunning strike- a twenty five yard screamer which rattled the goal.

Italy went on to win 3-0 thanks to goals from Giuseppe Rossi and Robert Acquafresca who both bagged a penalty each.

However, the star of the show was Giovinco and he is proud of his special Olympic moment.

“Scoring in the Olympics doesn’t happen everyday especially a goal like the one I scored,” Giovinco told Il Corriere Dello Sport.

“I was supposed to learn how to shoot and I have worked hard in that department.

“All that was missing was my shooting and my objective is to get better.

“It was really hot out there this evening and it’s always difficult when it’s like that.”

La Nazionale top group D following their win and they will now be preparing to clash with Korea on Sunday.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Yes and domestically too, the young fans have a tendency to follow future prospects and define themselves with them, we really need some iconic figure to inspire the future generations...

I am only worried that Giovinco will not be able to deliver the defensive work Neddy does, esp if we have Molinaro as our main LB, a player who cant defend or support our winger, for now Cheillini does the defensive job Molinaro cant in our back and Neddy does the same at the middle, but Giovinco isnt equipped to deliver such a thing and CR might not tolerate that like he did with Palla,
hopefully Giovinco, as a midfielder will provide much more help offensively than Palla could as a SS trying to emulate a winger...
well, in my opinion, nedved does very little for the defense, especially since we're playing with 2 DMs. He does get back to grab the ball, but overall, except for breaking the passing-ways, he does not defend at all. That's not what he's supposed to. Nedved plays on the LM as attacking midfielder, his job really (according to ranieri at least) is to deliver crosses, to get defenders to him to free our attackers, to cut inside to the middle and to release some wide shots once in a while. That's how i think our system works, and giovinco does just the same.
As for palladino, i think he'll come back one day. His main problem was that he had little space overall. On the RM (he played as a RAM) there was camo, who was untouchable, and more versatile, because he could cut inside too, playing as playmaker) and in our forward section, trez and del piero were just on another level. He was no joker either, like iaquinta, who could come in and score. But still, i believe his time will come, in 1 or 2 years. It will all depend how long camo will go on, what will happen to marchionni, and for how long our capitano goes on.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
For those who want to see all giovinco's moves in todays game :

http://www.4shared.com/file/58125903/3a6fd8b4/Produce_11_0.html

Enjoy ;)
Thanks alot, even if I saw the game, its still refreshing to see. He manages to show his qualities quite clearly even in a game like todays which in his standard, wasnt above average really, except the goal ofcourse.

The goal was extra shocking in a way, because if he had a weakness, it was his shooting (showed promised, but that extra little bit missing), and also willingness to shoot too. Needs confidence to shoot more (instead of allways pass), and a goal like this is quite the confidence booster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)