Sebastian Giovinco (46 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Just can't wait to watch his play and analyze his performance on Olimpic games. These games will give us some hope or dissapointment for his future role I think
U don't need to watch him in the olympics to decide if he's good or not. I mean even if he played like shit in the olympics it doesn't mean he's not good. He played brilliantly all season long last season with empoli (i've watched all of he's games). And without even a single doubt in my mind i believe that Gio is as great as players like R.baggio (much bitter than zola) and i've been lucky to watch both zola and baggio in their best years......

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
"Giovinco received a rousing ovation when he was replaced by Juventus teammate Claudio Marchisio with 12 minutes left - he had been the Azzurri's key figure."

It may seem meaningless but i think it's important. Guys like Seba will always have a lot of fans and will be especially attractive for the younger population.
This time it's even more important because we're talking about the Chinese fans and if they fall in love with him it may bring lots of new fans and $$$$ to Juve.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
U don't need to watch him in the olympics to decide if he's good or not. I mean even if he played like shit in the olympics it doesn't mean he's not good.
I meant that these games will give us possibility to cosider and make a little assumtion about his future prospectives, also how is his current form, but of course we can't make the final verdicts or decisions such as he is good or bad.

He played brilliantly all season long last season with empoli (i've watched all of he's games). And without even a single doubt in my mind i believe that Gio is as great as players like R.baggio (much bitter than zola) and i've been lucky to watch both zola and baggio in their best years......
The fact that he played brilliantly with Empoli doesn't 100 percently means that he will be good also with Juve, because these are clubs of quite different levels you can only somehow assume and Olimpic games will also help us with that. As of comparing him with R.Baggio or even with Zola is not quite correct behaviour because Empoli is not the level at which you can make such serious predictions and assessments

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
anyone else got reminded of Nedved's long range shooting with that goal? :D

finally someone to take shots outside the penalty box!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
As of comparing him with R.Baggio or even with Zola is not quite correct behaviour because Empoli is not the level at which you can make such serious predictions and assessments
We can compare them talent-wise and i believe that Giovinco is right there with Baggio or Zola.
Of course, it doesn't mean that he'll have such successful career as the two of them because there've been lots of examples when an extremely talented player couldn't make it at the big stage.
But if we talk about pure talent, then he's at the same level with the football greats.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
May be that's right his is talanted, but according to such predictions based only on talent in early ages we should have had 10 new Maradonas and 20 new Baggios so far :D
No not really, I think you're jumping on the "let's not over-rate them" bandwagon.. There's nothing wrong with that but every year theres a new Del Piero or someone but Giovinco is putting in displays which make all the other "talents" fade into insignificance, he's simply in a different category based not on hype but simply on performance.. Some may say "oh it's only honduras" and ofcourse they are exactly right but he shines soo much better than any other player on the field and to say he is just another of those "new del pieros" is blasphemy

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
It's no use trying to compare giovinco to anyone. He IS talented, well all know that, and he constantly improves. What i like is that he's being slowly build up; he deliberately has not been thrown into the cold water, and i like that, although a lot of people are criticizing our board for not taking him home earlier. I think NOW is the perfect moment to put some pressure upon him.

What should be pointed out also, is that giovinco played first half on the exact same position as neddy does. as LMA, cutting inside. It was only in second half when he moved more freely, and played more behind the strikers as AM. And i must say, i liked him more in the first half. Of course, it's difficult to compare, because in second half there was more defending but still...

Giovinco is exactly what we need for our midfield, especially for when neddy is not available. Let's not get too hyped up, though, because you never know what pressure makes out of a player, but i'm confident that he will be one of our best players in 1 or 2 years time. Glad to see.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
Iand to say he is just another of those "new del pieros" is blasphemy
I hope that he will not be just another of "new del Pieros", but let's not overrate him and I think it's too early to consider him as new del piero or someone else you may make such assessments only after a few matches for Juventus(the club of the highest level) but before that we can only say that he is talanted player and that's all. Almiron was new J. S. Veron as I remember :D

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Just watch the chinese crowd reaction to him today. They definately never heard or saw him before. And after like 10 minutes of the game they were screaming every time he touches the ball and its clear that they've instantly liked him. Even the english commentator who didn't know him (he even called him giovincho) was saying that this guy will be a huge star in the near future....

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
That goal vs Honduras was frigging insane, to hit like that with ur weaker foot from outside the box with that kind of accuracy is completely crazy. Love the kid already, an amazing talent, and hes born on my birthday too :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)