Sebastian Giovinco (8 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Giovinco is widely regarded as one of Europe’s most exciting young talents, and the future of Juventus.

However some problems have begun to emerge between the 21-year-old and the Bianconeri with regards to a new contract. Giovinco is demanding an improved pay package, but so far the club are only willing to pay the fantasista a relatively low €500,000 per year.

There have been reports in the press over the past week or so that a number of Premiership sides are ready to take advantage of the situation, with Arsenal particularly linked with the ‘Atomic Ant’.

Giovinco’s agent has now made it perfectly clear that, while his client does not want to leave to join a team like Arsenal, he may have to reconsider unless he is paid what he deserves.

"If an offer was to arrive from Arsenal, or from abroad, we would block the bid,” explained Claudio Pasqualin.

“However, Juventus certainly must be fairer in the evaluation of their players.

“At the moment they are not. Giovinco may be young but he must be paid what he deserves.”

Juventus fans earlier this week launched a protest against selling Giovinco following reports in the press about a possible swap deal with Arsenal involving Robin Van Persie.

I love goal.com's BS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mar 3, 2008
lol@ article
TBH, the situation is tricky now, the management either has to take a risk now or they'll be screwed next season. If they give him what he wants now, and he doesn't perform as expected then they're screwed, but if they don't give him and he sets the world on fire this season he will ask for much more next season. A real dilemma I say.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Arsenal isnt quite the team that could threaten us on this, they last half of their team because they couldnt afford their players pay raises...
I dont see the reason Giovinco is so desperately to get that pay raise now, why would he risk everything to get that isnt he afraid of his value, if everything goes as planned, he will have Juventus begging him, on his legs to accept a new improved deal and possibly with even better terms...

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Talents like him come every 10 year. Just look at the impact he made for the azzurrini. Cassano was promised a huge career when he was at the same stage (and yes, he could have been bigger, if he didn't cockblock himself).

And lets face it, Giovinco created a bigger impact then Cassano for the azzurrini. But Giovinco hasn't only created a bigger impact, he also has a superior mental condition compared to Cassano and believes in himself.

The real gamble here, is to treat him like any other talent we have. Sebastian is special if you ask me.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
a lot of players have had an impact on the junior teams, and have not produced at the highest level...Saviola is a prime example...let him earn it like everyone else

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
a lot of players have had an impact on the junior teams, and have not produced at the highest level...Saviola is a prime example...let him earn it like everyone else
Saviola was in my book quite overrated. Even in his prime for Barca. And i bet i wasnt the only one to think so. But yes, i agree that Sebastian still should earn the wage. But what i meant was, that we shouldnt just give up on him because of that.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I dont see the reason Giovinco is so desperately to get that pay raise now, why would he risk everything to get that isnt he afraid of his value, if everything goes as planned, he will have Juventus begging him, on his legs to accept a new improved deal and possibly with even better terms...
If everything goes as planned his agent will ask for a new deal next summer, even if we give him what he wants this summer. If now we pay him 1.5m instead of 500K, next summer his agent will ask for 2m or even more.

Milan had the same faith with Kaka. Every summer they're giving him a pay raise.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
To be honest 500k is like an insult :D

If we keep him with that salary, and happy, with good performance, then I say forza Secco and Co :D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If everything goes as planned his agent will ask for a new deal next summer, even if we give him what he wants this summer. If now we pay him 1.5m instead of 500K, next summer his agent will ask for 2m or even more.

Milan had the same faith with Kaka. Every summer they're giving him a pay raise.
true, i have faith on Giovinco, i only hope that these talks wont hurt his future and his status, i wouldnt like to see him risking them for 500k

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
i dont think giovinco will give him his chance to play for the team he supported his whole life. and he will get a decent contract in the end. agents are paid to get their clients more so they are very clever in getting what they want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)