Sebastian Giovinco (118 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
i agree. We all are pretty hyped up about giovinco and we all are looking forward to his performances, BUT there's a difference in being a talent, and being useful to the club. It's obvious that 500k is not much for someone who's supposed to be a future bandiera. But on the other hand; if we start throwing around with our millions, there will come others knocking on our door and every next best 'skilled youngster' will ask the same. Imo, those 500k are fine, because as far as i've understood, it will be 500k the first season, then 1million the next, then 1,5m etc... It's clear that there are talks going on because every party wants to take the best out of this, it's just a normal process. Give it time. I doubt there are ANY serious problems with him or his manager concerning his contract. Everything will be fine. Our 'problem' with seba's contract is very different from aquilani's problem with roma. They seem to NOT BE ABLE to come up to his demands, because of their salary cap and financial limits...
I see no problem whatsoever. Let this guy perform, then we'll all see what he's worth. If he's really that wonderkid everyone (including me) wants him to be, well then pay for his performance. If he's just the decent 'over-average' kid, make him earn his salary!
So says the person who was fooled by my spoof Goal.com article. Perhaps you could take your own advice, chiefton.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
why Giovinco is not playing with juve ???
Juve are classy enough to allow players to go to the Olympics, instead of throwing a tantrum to try and prevent it happening.

On an unrelated note, when does the Court of Arbitration decide if Barca will be forced to release Messi?

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Juve are classy enough to allow players to go to the Olympics, instead of throwing a tantrum to try and prevent it happening.

On an unrelated note, when does the Court of Arbitration decide if Barca will be forced to release Messi?
while i agree that i'm happy we're not in some sort of trial with our youngsters because they want to go to the olimpics (look at the likes of messi, diego, ...) i must say that i REALLY would have wanted to see how they adapt to our system in a game like in dortmund. I'm glad the boys were called up, but i think they'll have difficulties to show what they're worth to ranieri... Still, Forza Seba! Hope you become olimpic-mvp! :)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Giovinco returned to Juventus this summer following his loan spell at Empoli, where he took Serie A by storm.

The pint-sized playmaker has raised a number of eyebrows around Europe and Ballardini believes Giovinco is as good as Messi.

It is a sensational claim by the big man, but many Juve fans are likely to agree with his comments.

“Juventus are the kings of the transfer market as Sebastian Giovinco drives me crazy,” Ballardini told Tuttosport.

“He has amazing qualities, he is unpredictable and he works well in the team.

“He has to be patient at the start and I believe Giovinco is Juve’s answer to Milan’s Ronaldinho.

“I saw Giovinco last year at Empoli and I may be crazy, but he is just as good as Lionel Messi.

“There is not much of a difference between the two.”

Giovinco was recently named player of the Toulon Football Festival and he is now in China, ready to take on the rest of the world in this summer’s Olympics as he leads the Azzurri assault.

goal.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 118)