Sebastian Giovinco (30 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

K_Mac

Apr 15, 2006
So according to goal.com (so this is prob bullshit anyway) we're prepared to offer Aquilani 3.2 mil a year....but we can't give Seba the contract he deserves? this is fucked up

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So according to goal.com (so this is prob bullshit anyway) we're prepared to offer Aquilani 3.2 mil a year....but we can't give Seba the contract he deserves? this is fucked up
Its about seniority, Aquilani has earned for years and years under 1m, Chiellini has to and several other promising players or real good ones (Montolivo etc). A time tested procedure

Giovinco is a bonafide gem, and IMO there is little risk of him simply not being awesome for us, but he had just ONE senior football season in his career. Other talented players had to wait a while and clock in the service for some seasons before they get the top green.

IMO 500k is way too low, and I dont think this contract stuff is much of an issue, but Giovinco is still quite new and young (despite being a rare wizard) and even if he is quite above the norm special, will be told to wait a while by the club before making demands. And the club will be right in doing that, as said, because other top talents in calcio had to do the same. Though 500k is still hella cheap contract.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So you choose to believe the negative report about Giovinco and not the positive report about Aquilani?

Wonderful.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Its about seniority, Aquilani has earned for years and years under 1m, Chiellini has to and several other promising players or real good ones (Montolivo etc). A time tested procedure

Giovinco is a bonafide gem, and IMO there is little risk of him simply not being awesome for us, but he had just ONE senior football season in his career. Other talented players had to wait a while and clock in the service for some seasons before they get the top green.

IMO 500k is way too low, and I dont think this contract stuff is much of an issue, but Giovinco is still quite new and young (despite being a rare wizard) and even if he is quite above the norm special, will be told to wait a while by the club before making demands. And the club will be right in doing that, as said, because other top talents in calcio had to do the same. Though 500k is still hella cheap contract.
i agree. We all are pretty hyped up about giovinco and we all are looking forward to his performances, BUT there's a difference in being a talent, and being useful to the club. It's obvious that 500k is not much for someone who's supposed to be a future bandiera. But on the other hand; if we start throwing around with our millions, there will come others knocking on our door and every next best 'skilled youngster' will ask the same. Imo, those 500k are fine, because as far as i've understood, it will be 500k the first season, then 1million the next, then 1,5m etc... It's clear that there are talks going on because every party wants to take the best out of this, it's just a normal process. Give it time. I doubt there are ANY serious problems with him or his manager concerning his contract. Everything will be fine. Our 'problem' with seba's contract is very different from aquilani's problem with roma. They seem to NOT BE ABLE to come up to his demands, because of their salary cap and financial limits...
I see no problem whatsoever. Let this guy perform, then we'll all see what he's worth. If he's really that wonderkid everyone (including me) wants him to be, well then pay for his performance. If he's just the decent 'over-average' kid, make him earn his salary!

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i think the contract issue is not a big thing ...
even secco should be smart enough to get something out of the had that would satisfy giovinco .... i'm thinking of a low salary plus bonus for every game played ...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Remember all whining that went on here during the renegotiations of Del Piero's, Nedved's, Buffon's, Chiellini's and Trezeguet's contracts?

All the players that the management have wanted to keep, they have been able to keep.

Mar 3, 2008
i agree. We all are pretty hyped up about giovinco and we all are looking forward to his performances, BUT there's a difference in being a talent, and being useful to the club. It's obvious that 500k is not much for someone who's supposed to be a future bandiera. But on the other hand; if we start throwing around with our millions, there will come others knocking on our door and every next best 'skilled youngster' will ask the same. Imo, those 500k are fine, because as far as i've understood, it will be 500k the first season, then 1million the next, then 1,5m etc... It's clear that there are talks going on because every party wants to take the best out of this, it's just a normal process. Give it time. I doubt there are ANY serious problems with him or his manager concerning his contract. Everything will be fine. Our 'problem' with seba's contract is very different from aquilani's problem with roma. They seem to NOT BE ABLE to come up to his demands, because of their salary cap and financial limits...
I see no problem whatsoever. Let this guy perform, then we'll all see what he's worth. If he's really that wonderkid everyone (including me) wants him to be, well then pay for his performance. If he's just the decent 'over-average' kid, make him earn his salary!
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)