Sebastian Giovinco (30 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
What always disturbs me when it comes to loaning players is that no matter how they seem to do on loan, they seem to suffer the inescapable fate of being loaned out again/co-owned/traded/sold. It happened with Brighi (who was excellent at Parma), Miccoli, Maresca, Zanchi, Blasi and all the rest. We have little reason to believe that it will be otherwise with Giovinco. Contrary to the common opinion there is very little wrong in the actual practice of loaning players I believe, the problem simply lies in the way we do it. There is considerable success to be had with loaning players out for experience, and the message has to be put across that they are leaving the club in the hopes of returning as better players with a view to a future in the first team, instead of the way we treat too many of our youngsters-like mercenaries.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What always disturbs me when it comes to loaning players is that no matter how they seem to do on loan, they seem to suffer the inescapable fate of being loaned out again/co-owned/traded/sold. It happened with Brighi (who was excellent at Parma), Miccoli, Maresca, Zanchi, Blasi and all the rest. We have little reason to believe that it will be otherwise with Giovinco. Contrary to the common opinion there is very little wrong in the actual practice of loaning players I believe, the problem simply lies in the way we do it. There is considerable success to be had with loaning players out for experience, and the message has to be put across that they are leaving the club in the hopes of returning as better players with a view to a future in the first team, instead of the way we treat too many of our youngsters-like mercenaries.
THANK YOU. Leave it to Desmond to write with reason.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
not that i disgaree with Desmond, but the question is, who currently on loan besides Giovinco do you believe has the potential to come back and be good enough for our team.

I always thought Miccoli and especially Maresca were the biggest mistakes the club made in terms of loans, but the others havent exactly set the world on fire.

Would love to get Giovinco, Marchisio and De Ceglie back from loan, but we are juventus and hopefully next season we will play in the CL...we need very good players for this.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
There isn't particularly any one player on loan at the moment who could make a big enough impact to warrant a recall per se, but my point is that the way in which we loan out players doesn't do them or the team much good in the long run. I'm not lobbying for any of the loaned players to be brought back into the fold but for them to be treated like their performances on loan to actually mean something, as far as I'm concerned the true problem lies not within actually loaning them but how the management doesn't seem to take good performances into regard and therefore renders the entire process inconsequential and meaningless. Therein lies the problem and Giovinco I believe is set to be its next victim.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Actually come to think of it, why would teams use players loaned from Juve so that the players would develop and gain experience? It is something that will do the team bad in the long run. I am not sure, but I think that's the case.

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
And Mr.Cagni didn't give him a chance to prove himsilf again !!

He let him in against Lazio .. in the last 7 minute !!

anyway Giovinco was Amazing last week with the Azurrini ..

here is a video for what he did in the two games he played last week :

and here is an other one from sky sport about him :

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Actually come to think of it, why would teams use players loaned from Juve so that the players would develop and gain experience? It is something that will do the team bad in the long run. I am not sure, but I think that's the case.
Simply because they don't have better players for the position in question. Certainly that's the motivation behind most loan deals, and if loaned players get less playtime than expected then it can only be blamed on a lack of foresight on Juve's part.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
after i see some video of him when he played for azzurini... wow i wonder why he can't earn a starting place in Empoli.

I think because he has small body, he can run faster.
he has great dribbling skill, his through pass to setup very good chance for other player..

we should keep him , he will be azzuri starlet for future.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
Man !! that kid is so talented, I really hope we keep him, but you cant trust our board, they look for the worst decision, and invent a worse one, they probably replace him by a lousy unproven Brazilian guy whose name ends with "inho"

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
Actually his nick name is " La Formica Atomica " that's mean " "The Atomic Ant".

and for his name , they just call him " Seba " and that's came from his first name Sebastian .

Anyway , this Thursday Empoli gonna play in Uefa Cup against Zurich .

Jazeera Sport +1 will show the game live 18:15 GMT .

So , keep your eyes on Seba .. hopefully he starts the match .

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i think he will get a decent amount in the game as Cagni said he will not play his first team.So lets hope he gets a start and ignites europe!

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
If we make it to the CL, I think our loaned players will be forgotten about, they will be sold, or used in stupid deals like "take Giovinco + 10 mill and give us Crouch"

Even Palla will end up like them, he's totally forgotten by Ranieri who I dont know who called him the Tinker man

Boksic

May 11, 2005
i really hope their is some way we can bring him back in January. He has the pace and directness which we need and could really help us.

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
FT 2-1 for Empoli .

Giovinco didn't play at all in the match !!

if Cagni gonna put him all the time at the bench . then , i think Giovinco can do that at Juventus !!

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Giovinco dident play because hes gonne play against Napoli, look at the Gazzetta, Gagni rested the players who plays against Napoli.

So next match is Giovinco show

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)