Sebastian Giovinco (14 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Can we finally say that Giovinco is better than Paro or it's too soon to say so?
if Giovinco > Paro
and Paro > Fabregas

Conclusion, it's still too soon to say that Giovinco is better than Paro

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Blog: Game, Seb & Match

Italian giants Juventus should give youth and Sebastian Giovinco a chance, says Dave Taylor

First off it was Alessandro Del Piero, now Juventus appear to be playing with the future of several of their younger stars. With the captain yet to be offered a new contract, La Vecchia Signora also seem to be testing the loyalty of Paolo De Ceglie, Claudio Marchisio and Sebastian Giovinco. All three have been linked with other clubs and with Juve failing to dampen the speculation it leads to the assumption that there is no smoke without fire.

So it’s hard not to have sympathy for Giovinco when he claimed recently that he feels the club does not understand him and that no matter what he did, he would struggle to be considered for a regular first team place.

Yet he has terrorised defences with his Roberto Baggio-like dribbling and firmly established himself as one of Serie A’s best youngsters. Factor in his superb performances with the Azzurrini in the Under-21 European Championship to reach the semi-finals and you wonder why Juve should make him feel that way.

Seb can be the next Alessandro Del Piero and is a true Juventino, who dreams about becoming the new captain. He is the player who makes the difference and his ability to play in several positions – trequartista, support striker or wide midfielder – reminds some of the superb Kaka.

Surely then this is the type of player that Juve should be going all out to reassure that he is part of the future, along with fellow youth team graduates like Marchisio and De Ceglie. Yet rumours persist of him and/or Marchisio being the makeweights in the transfer of Gaetano D’Agostino from Udinese, while De Ceglie is being heavily linked with Napoli.

It’s a shame that such wonderful home-grown talent could be forced elsewhere and above all Seb, who has proved without doubt that he deserves a regular place. Let’s face it if he was a foreigner, clubs like Inter, Milan and Juve themselves would be whipping out their wallets in an unsavoury scramble to buy him for a ridiculous amount.

All Juve fans can hope for is that with Claudio Ranieri now a distant memory, new Coach Ciro Ferrara will allow him and the other youngsters to develop their astounding potential in the black and white of Juve.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I didnt know whether to feel depressed or happy reading that blog. Whenever i watch Gio playing great i actually feel angry that he hasnt been playing more. Especially when average players like Marchionni got so much more playing time.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I don't really care anymore, there is no reason at all to keep this guy on the bench. Even the swedish audience is in love with Giovinco after this tournament and I hope Ciro gives him the chance to play. He is amazing and a bianconero through and through.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
you know like in tennis, when the match ends they say "Game, Set and Match"
the writer was trying to be witty by referring to Giovinco, as Seb

"Game, Seb and Match"

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Probably takes them longer to come up with the 'witty' title than it takes then to re-write the 'Juve should play Giovinco' article they publish once a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)