Sebastian Giovinco (19 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 10, 2009
Its been a decade since this guy "burst onto the scene." What do you think it was that ruined his potential? Its funny because I keep talking as if he's a retired player, he left Europe far too earlier imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless if Juventus worked out for him. He is the GOAT of a league and will go down in the history of that league atleast. I was worried he would have a wasted career but thankfully that is not the case.
He did waste his career. He was supposed to be the next Del Piero, although he did not live up to the hype he was still a good player. Should have stayed in Europe and had one last good go, who knows, he could have been a later boomer.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Its been a decade since this guy "burst onto the scene." What do you think it was that ruined his potential? Its funny because I keep talking as if he's a retired player, he left Europe far too earlier imo.
Him opting for playing as a striker instead of a winger that looks for a pass, he used to have good vision. He went from future dependable player to ordinary striker for the sake of it. Lack of confidence shown in him as well, and him not having the personality to cope with that.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Him opting for playing as a striker instead of a winger that looks for a pass, he used to have good vision. He went from future dependable player to ordinary striker for the sake of it. Lack of confidence shown in him as well, and him not having the personality to cope with that.
Yup, he once had the makings of an assist machine.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
To be fair with him i think it wasnt his decition.

Juventus never had faith in him as a winger preconte era.

At parma he played as a lone striker in a counter attackin full busparking team.

In the conte era we played a 352 that didnt suited him and he was foreced to play as a 10, which he clarly wasnt.

It was always going to be difficult with giovinco because of his tiny frame, but at least teams like napoli pulled it with the likes of insigne, just that juventus has never been as offensive as napoli is.

Im not saying better, just not as offensive.

May 23, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

He did waste his career. He was supposed to be the next Del Piero, although he did not live up to the hype he was still a good player. Should have stayed in Europe and had one last good go, who knows, he could have been a later boomer.
Still not a waste as he will be remembered forever. But it for sure could have been better.......

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Sunday funday

So, should we order #10 shirts already?
To be real honest though. There are only 2 players that I've followed from the beginning before they became big and everything and through the good and the bad. The first one was Zlatan and the second one was Giovinco. And I have to tell you that having both of your personal favorites sign for your favorite club is a special feeling.
I think we'll give him the 10.

Ive loved Gio since i first saw him play for us in Serie B.. that assist for Trez made me an instant fan boy, from the Toulon tournament in 2008 right through to his game the other day against Croatia i've always watched him closely with excitement that not many other players have ever been able to give me so i cant be happier to finally have him back.

I don't mind Giovinco.

I think with CL we'll finally have a decent cover for Vucinic with Giovinco.

Gio is fuccking awesome. He had to go to another team and show everybody that he deserves to be a Juve player it means a lot! If I were him and I was treated like htat from Juve fans and directors I would have singed for Juve's biggest rival but he shows that he is bigger man! WELCOME BACK GIO! Score plenty of goals for us!

A new prolific striker flanked by Gio and Vucinic... at least whoever is up front cant complain about not having enough good service!

We did not overpay here. The deal was good for all sides, maybe even best for us. We got a very good (potentially great) player for 7.5 mil €. Giacchenrini cost us 7.25. If that is not a good deal I dont know what is.

glad your coming home Giovinco. I see nothing but a great career ahead of him at Juve. A winning cycle has began.

And the creme de la creme: http://www.juventuz.com/threads/21487-Sebastian-Giovinco?p=3722939&viewfull=1#post3722939

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)