Sebastian Giovinco (13 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Giovinco was quite effective for Parma though.
Those were his peak years, when he was aged 23-24. He played and scored a lot for Parma, and he also played a lot for Juve and Italy in that spell and didn't take his chance. Insigne took the spot of the midget LW/SS and there are several younger players in those positions (SES, Bernardeschi, Berardi, Sansone) to use as back ups or other options.

What Giovinco should have done is stuck around in Serie A or Europe, as it's definitely not unusual for Italian players to peak in late 20s, early 30s but he went to MLS and it's hard for selectors to take him seriously no matter what he does.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
For me, it's just a matter of preference for the end of the bench style of player. I'd rather have someone with a little bit of talent and technique on the end of my bench in case you run into a 1-1 situation against Macedonia, for example. What if he gets onto a free kick, or the opposition is so tired that his lack of physique doesn't matter.

Once you get to the end of the Italian bench, they are all just bodies. Indistinguishable from any other Italian CM or defender. Like D'Ambrosio or Astori or Cristante, I mean what does it matter. I would keep Giovinco there just in case.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Such a great guy was just looking at his instagram and back at his old videos. The hate and abuse he got here is the worst thing ive witnessed on this forum... so stupid and uncalled for.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Such a great guy was just looking at his instagram and back at his old videos. The hate and abuse he got here is the worst thing ive witnessed on this forum... so stupid and uncalled for.
He is one of our own and pretty much cherished by Juve fans in general since his debute, regardless of the struggles. But this forum in its infantile nature has conditioned itself to treat one of our own like he is Materazzi or Nainggolan. It's retarded.

Especially more so since he isn't one of our former kids who is resentful or negative about Juve, like Immobile, Criscito or Nocerino etc. On the contrary he is very much a Juventino, who simply couldn't get playing time/role here to prove himself further.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
:agree:

I never got the Giovinco hate around here.

Actually... I'd like to have the midget back.

- - - Updated - - -

Those were his peak years, when he was aged 23-24. He played and scored a lot for Parma, and he also played a lot for Juve and Italy in that spell and didn't take his chance. Insigne took the spot of the midget LW/SS and there are several younger players in those positions (SES, Bernardeschi, Berardi, Sansone) to use as back ups or other options.

What Giovinco should have done is stuck around in Serie A or Europe, as it's definitely not unusual for Italian players to peak in late 20s, early 30s but he went to MLS and it's hard for selectors to take him seriously no matter what he does.
Dude, we played Giovinco in a 352 with his back to goal.

clapton

May 9, 2014
Some players need more time to blossom. He wasn't a choker but he had some mentality problems. Probably because everyone expected of him to be Del Piero or something. The pressure was killing him...

We couldn't wait and also played him in wrong positions with the style of football that didn't suit him.

Imagine if he was signed by Napoli and played under Sarri these few years...

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He is one of our own and pretty much cherished by Juve fans in general since his debute, regardless of the struggles. But this forum in its infantile nature has conditioned itself to treat one of our own like he is Materazzi or Nainggolan. It's retarded.

Especially more so since he isn't one of our former kids who is resentful or negative about Juve, like Immobile, Criscito or Nocerino etc. On the contrary he is very much a Juventino, who simply couldn't get playing time/role here to prove himself further.

This is what I always found strange. Giovinco has one of the best personalities you will find in a footballer. He just wants to play. The way he has come to Toronto and embraced everything is very nice to see. The money helps but Toronto has paid a ton for footballers before and none have looked so genuine on and off the field as Giovinco (I'm sure Bradley is but he is a professional robot).

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Many people hate Gio because he left us to play for Inter and won a title with them, taunted us afterwards

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

The hate campaign this forum had against him was idiotic.

Shame on the mods for letting that happen. I think it was totally the inverse of the glorious Diculo saga which was the proud of this forum. The giovinco saga is the lowest this forum has fallen.

- - - Updated - - -

I never got the Giovinco hate around here.

It started with Giovinco´s stupid del piero call comment.

It triggered a lot of emo members here and the hate campaign began.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, we played Giovinco in a 352 with his back to goal.
Some players need more time to blossom. He wasn't a choker but he had some mentality problems. Probably because everyone expected of him to be Del Piero or something. The pressure was killing him...

We couldn't wait and also played him in wrong positions with the style of football that didn't suit him.

Imagine if he was signed by Napoli and played under Sarri these few years...
Mainly also this. We forced him to play in a way it didnt suited him. He was more of a wide attacker a la insigne but we wanted him to play SS and dribble past the central defenders with his back to goal.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I always found strange. Giovinco has one of the best personalities you will find in a footballer. He just wants to play. The way he has come to Toronto and embraced everything is very nice to see. The money helps but Toronto has paid a ton for footballers before and none have looked so genuine on and off the field as Giovinco (I'm sure Bradley is but he is a professional robot).
He had talent. Sadly he arrived at the wrong time. Juves tacttics didtnt suited him and he also had a part in it by not being mentally up to par. But this could have been the result of our lack of support towards him. It was a vicious cycle.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
[video=twitter;925166169463681024]https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/925166169463681024[/video]

They even can't stop his freekicks with a defender running back :lol:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
won the MLS :touched: GOAT of soccer

Toronto F.C. Wins M.L.S. Cup, and a Little Redemption

TORONTO — Toronto F.C. defeated the Seattle Sounders, 2-0, to win the M.L.S. Cup final on Saturday, claiming the club’s first league championship as well as some redemption in a rematch of the 2016 final it had lost to the Sounders.

Toronto, which set a league record with 69 points in the M.L.S. regular season, got its winning goal through its two star strikers. Sebastian Giovinco played a smooth through ball to Jozy Altidore in the 67th minute of a scoreless game, and Altidore split Seattle’s center backs and lifted the ball over goalkeeper Stefan Frei.

Toronto added an insurance goal deep into injury time, sealing its victory when Victor Vazquez bundled in a rebound off the post.

Toronto dominated the game in front of a boisterous and vocal home crowd of 30,584, peppering the Seattle goal with shot after shot. But it took Altidore’s run to finally unlock the Seattle defense and beat Frei, who had held Toronto scoreless in regulation and overtime of last year’s final and again in the first half Saturday.

The title also represented some personal redemption for Altidore and midfielder Michael Bradley of Toronto, both of whom played for the United States men’s national team as it failed to qualify for the World Cup this year.

Toronto became the first team to win M.L.S. Cup and the Supporters’ Shield, given to the league’s regular-season champion, in the same season since the Los Angeles Galaxy in 2011.
- - - Updated - - -

assisted Altidore for the 1-0

http://int.soccerway.com/matches/20...eattle-sounders-fc/2694076/?ICID=HP_MS_312_01

- - - Updated - - -

created 2nd goal also

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)