Sebastian Giovinco (15 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its a nice little mid sized industrial city with some culture, nothing to write home about compared to other major cities based on experience. Havent been there, but pretty sure Toronto is one of the best cities around in the world.

Deleted member 2609

Being serious, and I'm saddened to see Giovinco go in the summer. He's one of the young players who post-Calciopoli was supposed to be the future, like De Ceglie and Marchisio, and others who faded more quickly.

I remember being excited by his early Serie A appearances at Empoli, with a memorable free kick against Roma standing out. Then he returned to Juve, showed a load of promise, especially in the Chelsea game, and then he got forgotten amongst the chaos of the Melo/Diego squad rebuild.

He then returned after 2 years at Parma, and only rarely looked like the player he should have become, if I'm honest. The ability and creativity is there, but he didn't always make the right decision, or lost composure, and that affected a lot of his performances.

I wish him well, although am disappointed he's moving away from Europe, and has chosen the easy route of lots of money in the MLS. This isn't an old veteran, as he's only 27, so it's difficult to argue that money isn't the motivator.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I bet players of similar stature are now starting to crave for an MLS move.
If they can double their wages and become an MLS superstar I see many do it as well. Surprised he's doing it at 27 though. Thought it would be more of a retirement destination for european top footballers.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Being serious, and I'm saddened to see Giovinco go in the summer. He's one of the young players who post-Calciopoli was supposed to be the future, like De Ceglie and Marchisio, and others who faded more quickly.

I remember being excited by his early Serie A appearances at Empoli, with a memorable free kick against Roma standing out. Then he returned to Juve, showed a load of promise, especially in the Chelsea game, and then he got forgotten amongst the chaos of the Melo/Diego squad rebuild.

He then returned after 2 years at Parma, and only rarely looked like the player he should have become, if I'm honest. The ability and creativity is there, but he didn't always make the right decision, or lost composure, and that affected a lot of his performances.

I wish him well, although am disappointed he's moving away from Europe, and has chosen the easy route of lots of money in the MLS. This isn't an old veteran, as he's only 27, so it's difficult to argue that money isn't the motivator.
:tup:

U reminded me of those diego melo years. Sad shid indeed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)