Sebastian Giovinco (44 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
seriously, i'd do that move in a heartbeat if i were him. osman is such a dumbass.
I didnt know the exact numbers, but I would preferred if he would play for a competetive club that aspires for CL as I know he is good enough to be. The salary he is gonna get is ridicolous, but a 27 year old who I consider to be a real good player, going to a league outside Europe that offers alot of money, but little else, is not common at all and I doubt you will see this happen again any time soon.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I didnt know the exact numbers, but I would preferred if he would play for a competetive club that aspires for CL as I know he is good enough to be. The salary he is gonna get is ridicolous, but a 27 year old who I consider to be a real good player, going to a league outside Europe that offers alot of money, but little else, is not common at all and I doubt you will see this happen again any time soon.
idk if he's good enough to be a key player for a CL club. a reserve player for Juve seems like his level to me. Don't see him cutting it for teams like Bayern, Real, Barca, or Chelsea. Maybe a bench player at Atletico or rotational player at Dortmund.

But there's nothing wrong with going to a new continent with a growing league and great atmosphere where he can be one of the best players. It's not like this is India. I think it's a great move for him and a win-win for both the league and Gio. Beckham did the same thing and it worked out great for him.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
idk if he's good enough to be a key player for a CL club. a reserve player for Juve seems like his level to me. Don't see him cutting it for teams like Bayern, Real, Barca, or Chelsea. Maybe a bench player at Atletico or rotational player at Dortmund.

But there's nothing wrong with going to a new continent with a growing league and great atmosphere where he can be one of the best players. It's not like this is India. I think it's a great move for him and a win-win for both the league and Gio. Beckham did the same thing and it worked out great for him.
I should have clarified, missed a word, I meant to say that aspires to qualify for the CL, teams just outside the absolute top. This is a great move for him financially, but he is in the prime age where he should consider the sporting reasons too, and going to the MLS is a bad sporting reason, competition reason. He will get a once in a life time contract payoff, but lets not pretend MLS is anything to aspire to or have as viable option for a player who still can accomplish something in his career.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Better to be the star and get gazzilion dollars than be mocked by media, earn less and be a bench player forever.

He got fed up with european football..but he is securing his future. So in the end he wins.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I should have qualified, missed a word, I meant to say that aspires to qualify for the CL, teams just outside the absolute top. This is a great move for him financially, but he is in the prime age where he should consider the sporting reasons too, and going to the MLS is a bad sporting reason, competition reason. He will get a once in a life time contract payoff, but lets not pretend MLS is anything to aspire to or have as viable option for a player who still can accomplish something in his career.
:tup:

Besides, it's not like he would life on welfare staying in Italy or Europe. He's made enough money to live in luxury for the rest of his life already anyways, and no matter what club he would've gone to he'd still have earned well over 1 million.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)