Sebastian Giovinco (132 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
I think that we are yet to see the best of Giovinco!

People always criticize him harshly for his poor performances. But how can a player who is continuously playing out of position be hated this much?

Why don't his haters remember how the mighty Del piero used to suffer during Trappatoni's Italy? Alex himself under-performed when he used to play out of position. Trapp used to deploy him as a winger (remember Euro 2004), and I remember those days and the Totti-Del Piero debate when Totti fans used to accuse Del Piero for being over-rated. Del Piero's history with the national team never came close to his illustrious club career mainly because he was never given the real chance. (only in WC98, but then he was coming back from an injury).

Giovinco is no different! He always plays in the wrong position.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

People always criticize him harshly for his poor performances. But how can a player who is continuously playing out of position be hated this much?

Why don't his haters remember how the mighty Del piero used to suffer during Trappatoni's Italy? Alex himself under-performed when he used to play out of position. Trapp used to deploy him as a winger (remember Euro 2004), and I remember those days and the Totti-Del Piero debate when Totti fans used to accuse Del Piero for being over-rated. Del Piero's history with the national team never came close to his illustrious club career mainly because he was never given the real chance. (only in WC98, but then he was coming back from an injury).

Well, ill be kind but im pretty sure others will not be so much. DP, at the very least, was much more skilled than gio in his younger years...and that was easy to spot.

About Gio,What you said "could" have been valid 2 years ago or so.. but now, Conte tried and tested Gio in the position he wanted him to play...and since he didnt delivered... he fell in the ranks. And it seems thatwith Conte, once he sees you as not good enought.. u are a bench player at most..and maybe a rotational one if u get lucky.
Its sad because i had high hopes of him.. but is plain obvious he doesnt work as a SS in our team, and needs to be tried somwhere else... but then theres the problem of his physical frame etc.

As a winger in the 433 he could work or sure and in fact i would like to see him playing there. Maybe next year if Berardi comes and Conte wants to try this formation,,, he could be useful. But i seriously doubt that moment will come.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

What is Giovinco's best position?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Ill try to answer. I think his only chance to shine might be as a leftwinger in 433.

He is fail as an SS because lacks the skills and frame to be able to face defenders in short spaces. As an AM or Trequartista, he lacks the vision and ball control to be able to suceed. Also his tackles are very clumsy so he is not the best of players to be assigned to defensive duties. As a LWB, he could be of use against lower teams offensively.. but i doubt he has the composure needed to track back and then go forward.

His positives is that if given space to run and dribble, he can deliver. He is good cutting inside near to the box. Also he is one of our best crossers the few times i have seen him do it he has delivered, and has a great Free kick shot..so he can be of use when Pirlo and tevez are off. He even can spark some moments of genius and get people caught offguard.
He is kind of good 1v1 peeps near the lines and corners for some weird reason...and when he indeed best them and gets to the area he cerates trouble.

But his main issue in Juventus is our formation. He just simply will not find space in 352. It seems his best traits are when playing in a counter attacking team.. but we suck at it.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
LWF. He can play on the right though.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, ill be kind but im pretty sure others will not be so much. DP, at the very least, was much more skilled than gio in his younger years...and that was easy to spot.

About Gio,What you said "could" have been valid 2 years ago or so.. but now, Conte tried and tested Gio in the position he wanted him to play...and since he didnt delivered... he fell in the ranks. And it seems thatwith Conte, once he sees you as not good enought.. u are a bench player at most..and maybe a rotational one if u get lucky.
Its sad because i had high hopes of him.. but is plain obvious he doesnt work as a SS in our team, and needs to be tried somwhere else... but then theres the problem of his physical frame etc.

As a winger in the 433 he could work or sure and in fact i would like to see him playing there. Maybe next year if Berardi comes and Conte wants to try this formation,,, he could be useful. But i seriously doubt that moment will come .
Sadly, I do also doubt.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Free role like he had in Parma. He was all over the place when he was with them. Outside of the penalty box, on the wing, dropped down to midfield to collect the ball etc. Notice how he with Conte is always in the penalty box trying to run behind the defenders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 129)