Sebastian Giovinco (18 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Giovinco would do well in the EPL. He'll enjoy the spaces and the fast football and he'll draw a lot of free kicks for his team and red cards for the opponents. If coutinho can perform so well for liverpool than gio can do good too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Gio would do well at Arsenal i always thought he suited their style of play i love the little gut dont think he is a good fit for Juve right now od love to see him come good but ive sadly give up hope of that happening.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No sane manager will pay 15m for Giovinco.

On the other hand, this is Wenger.
Walcott is out for the season, and they might need another versatile player (in addition to a striker). Giovinco isn't getting much game time here, so it makes sense for him to move elsewhere.

Gio is definitely worth 15 million in today's inflated market.

Jan 5, 2011
Walcott is out for the season, and they might need another versatile player (in addition to a striker). Giovinco isn't getting much game time here, so it makes sense for him to move elsewhere.

Gio is definitely worth 15 million in today's inflated market.
If Marrota can get 15 mil for selling Giovinco, he deserves to be in Juve's hall of fame.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
Whats this talk of Tattoo being effective on the wings? A few years ago his sack swingers here were crying that he would be most effective as a SS or a #10, pointing to how he was deployed in Parma as an example. He's brought back, at a handsome price mind you, and has been utterly abysmal in that role for Juve.

Now the goal post is being moved again I see and now he'd make a "decent" winger if played wide. I remember the giovincosexuals here giving Krasic a lot of stick during the '11-'12 season because their boy was a king amongst ants in Parma. Krasic first three months as a Bianconero was, is and will be greater than Giovinco's entire Juventus career.

Face it. The best place to play Giovinco would be at a provincial club.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Whats this talk of Tattoo being effective on the wings? A few years ago his sack swingers here were crying that he would be most effective as a SS or a #10, pointing to how he was deployed in Parma as an example. He's brought back, at a handsome price mind you, and has been utterly abysmal in that role for Juve.

Now the goal post is being moved again I see and now he'd make a "decent" winger if played wide. I remember the giovincosexuals here giving Krasic a lot of stick during the '11-'12 season because their boy was a king amongst ants in Parma. Krasic first three months as a Bianconero was, is and will be greater than Giovinco's entire Juventus career.

A fucking MEN.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I would think Giovinco well suited to taking Gervinho's spot at Arsenal.

Incidentally, the last few times I've seen Gervinho play he has been looking much more like his old self.

Wonder if his purple patch is over?
Wouldn't be the first player to do well for a few months in a new league and then be sussed, it happens with much better players (up to a point, as their talent shines through if not the same sparkling form) than Gervinho.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

What? People became fans of Giovinco when he was on the wing. When he got to replace Nedved and the few times Ciro Ferrara decided to use the 4-2-3-1.

At Parma he played on the wing and the last season had a free role were he used to constantly float to the wings and drop down to go one on one.

Under Conte he's being asked to play in the box and around it and to run behind defenders without the ball as if he was Trezeguet. Literally nobody has every said that we should play the small Giovinco as one of two strikers.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Wouldn't be the first player to do well for a few months in a new league and then be sussed, it happens with much better players (up to a point, as their talent shines through if not the same sparkling form) than Gervinho.
Krasic.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
No sane manager will pay 15m for Giovinco.

On the other hand, this is Wenger.
I don't think Giovinco will be an Arsenal player anytime soon.

However, if he did move there in this January window, I'd be very surprised if he blended into their current style of play.

The London Evening Standard are mentioning him today as a "possibility", given the 7 injuries (4 in the attack) that may derail their title bid. There is no shortage of funds apparently at the Emirates.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Yep. And an extreme example would be that of Özil, who we know is a world class player and looked like he could shit rainbows in his first couple of months at Arsenal, then he hit something of a wall. Opponents and managers get wiser, but the cream rises to the top, as they say.
Over-rated i said it from day one, just because he cost 50 million doesn't make him world class. He's in the tier 2 category good but not great for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)