Sebastian Giovinco (114 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Giovinco is to be blamed for Quag and Matri being useless! If Quag or Matri had played with Vucinic or someone else they would have scored two goals each.
Matri did just fine next to Vucinic when he was given some continuity last season. Quag has just not clicked with Gio and that was evident from the get go, despite which you'll notice all his goals have come playing next to Vucinic, and he's scored only one goal less than Gio in the league, with less playing time. I'm not saying this is entirely Gio's fault. It is also the way he is being deployed that is taking the other strikers who have better finishing, out of the game. Gio is a part of the problem, yes.

And before you think I'm being biased to Quag or Matri, please remember I was the one defending Gio when everyone wanted him out after the Chelsea game. My point being, that we have a forward issue, but Gio is not solving that problem. And Conte's own handling of the other forwards isn't helping resolve the issue either.

- - - Updated - - -

On Twitter, people thought he did well. On Juventuz, he's the Antichrist.

But this ain't no surprise, I knew logic would not be a part of this thread the day it was announced Giovinco was coming back.
I know exactly how you may feel at this point. Everything is not Gio's fault. There are a couple of factors, at we should consider. A) How he is being deployed. B) Conte's handling of the forward situation as a whole. C) Gio's relatability to the other partners on the pitch.

I've said this before, he tries to do too much on his own, and he just doesn't have the build to be a selfish player. I blame him for that, and I'm actually disappointed by that aspect of his game which is coming to the fore, almost glaringly every time he plays.

His dynamism at this point, is unmatched in the forward department, but that's no good if you can't play off your target man, and choose instead to overlap him and creep into the same spaces. Gio is making this mistake and he needs to make better decisions for the team. Much better decisions. We know Conte has a part in this, but if this is the case, we are neither getting the best out of Gio nor are we able to complement the other forwards and optimise their strengths, which despite being less than you'd expect of a Juve level forward, are still important to our team in terms of finishing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I always thought you were more the Twitter type anyway.
I just got into the whole twitter thing a few months back.
Perhaps you should spend more time on Twitter and less time on Tuz.
Why so hostile and cynical..?

- - - Updated - - -

Matri did just fine next to Vucinic when he was given some continuity last season. Quag has just not clicked with Gio and that was evident from the get go, despite which you'll notice all his goals have come playing next to Vucinic, and he's scored only one goal less than Gio in the league, with less playing time. I'm not saying this is entirely Gio's fault. It is also the way he is being deployed that is taking the other strikers who have better finishing, out of the game. Gio is a part of the problem, yes.

And before you think I'm being biased to Quag or Matri, please remember I was the one defending Gio when everyone wanted him out after the Chelsea game. My point being, that we have a forward issue, but Gio is not solving that problem. And Conte's own handling of the other forwards isn't helping resolve the issue either.

- - - Updated - - -

I know exactly how you may feel at this point. Everything is not Gio's fault. There are a couple of factors, at we should consider. A) How he is being deployed. B) Conte's handling of the forward situation as a whole. C) Gio's relatability to the other partners on the pitch.

I've said this before, he tries to do too much on his own, and he just doesn't have the build to be a selfish player. I blame him for that, and I'm actually disappointed by that aspect of his game which is coming to the fore, almost glaringly every time he plays.

His dynamism at this point, is unmatched in the forward department, but that's no good if you can't play off your target man, and choose instead to overlap him and creep into the same spaces. Gio is making this mistake and he needs to make better decisions for the team. Much better decisions. We know Conte has a part in this, but if this is the case, we are neither getting the best out of Gio nor are we able to complement the other forwards and optimise their strengths, which despite being less than you'd expect of a Juve level forward, are still important to our team in terms of finishing.
Maybe, maybe not. The defender of Nordsjealland though, Okore, hailed the Gio-Matri partnership and said they played really well and that they were much harder to defend against than Chelsea.

"These are two very different attackers, as they have on the field at the same time. Giovinco was small and weaves and was really good when he got the ball in the feet. They had a good working relationship, and it was really difficult to play against them," says Okore to sporten.tv2.dk, and at the same time believe that they were difficult to play against Juventus forward than Fernando Torres.

"These attackers are using each other and work well together. Torres is only on the top and it's easier to keep him going."
-Google Translate

As I said, I don't think its that bad at all. I think Conte liked the performance except for all the misses. We owned that team and should have scored a few more on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)