[SCO] Scottish Premier league 2014/2015 (1 Viewer)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
His contract is up in 18 months.

We're currently trying to extend that.

I really don't know what he'd go for.

A couple of years ago he would definitely have been sold for £2m.

But we've become debt free in the last few months, so there isn't the bank putting pressure on us to sell now.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
How good is Adam Rooney? I've just found out that he's Irish and never been capped.
He's pretty good.

That stunning volley posted a few days ago was his 29th goal for Aberdeen, scored a year to the day since he signed.

He's a good all-round number 9 who suits our 4-2-3-1 very nicely.

I guess he just isn't quite mobile enough or big enough to be likely to catch people's attention and get an international call.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Hard to say because of how little I've seen him against a higher standard of player.

He's clearly a cut above anyone else in the SPL, but it's hard to place that in the overall scheme of things.

I don't suppose he'll end up in Italy, but it would probably suit him more than going to England where there is such an obsession with physicality, particularly among more defensive players.

In Italy his intelligence and composure would be more likely to be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't mentioned it, but Aberdeen have made an excellent move for the summer by getting Greame Shinnie on a pre-contract from Inverness.

Three-year deal.

It's been an open secret from last summer that he was going to joing us at the end of his contract at the latest, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

He's probably the best left-back in the league.

- - - Updated - - -

And we've signed a centre-half, Daniels, on loan from West Brom until the end of the season today.

Cover was needed due to Ash Taylor's injury.

Just have to wait and see if McInnes will throw him straight in for the semi-final on Saturday or if we'll stick with what didn't work in Perth.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Great weekend in Scottish football.

The mediocre shitters from Aberdeen and Rangers both lost in the Semifinals and the Bhoys will be playing Dundee United in the final of the Scottish League Cup.

Great!

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Fuck you Rangers, fuck you Hibs you can fight over the scraps, the Jambos are heading back to the top league

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Motherwell 6-1 Rangers (3-1 at Ibrox and 3-0 at Fir Park)

This has to be among the funniest things I've ever seen in football.

No promotion for the Huns.

Utter humiliation.

Now they can't just say they are out of the SPL because of off-field stuff - they are out of the league because the failed spectacularly on the pitch.

m6DwEZ.gif

And then the Huns disgraced themselves, as they usually do in the face of humiliation:

mohnsi1_3324615b.jpg

Now we just have to hope this causes them to go bust again. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)