[SCO] Scottish Premier league 2014/2015 (2 Viewers)

Nejc

May 13, 2006
Can someone provide some insight on what is going on with Celtic? To make it shorter - how come they lost that badly versus Legia?

I am interested because they are playing CL playoff against Maribor and I have some hope to finally get to see Slovenian team in Champions League again.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Can someone provide some insight on what is going on with Celtic? To make it shorter - how come they lost that badly versus Legia?

I am interested because they are playing CL playoff against Maribor and I have some hope to finally get to see Slovenian team in Champions League again.
I haven't seen the games this season (other than highlights) so I'm not sure how much I can say.

As far as I can tell, the main issue is coming from the fact that they are trying to play quite an attacking system (4-2-3-1), but without good enough attackers to really threaten a team.

Then there is the problem that they are playing just two central midfielders, so they will be outnumbered in that part of the pitch a lot of the time. This is made worse by Scott Brown, their captain and best player, being out injured. That leaves them short of both numbers and ability in central midfield. Neil Lennon, when playing in Europe, would always play at least three, if not four, midfielders in order to not be dominated in that area of the pitch. When they play 4-4-2 against Aberdeen last season we completely dominated the midfield and beat Celtic pretty convincingly.

Their defence, in thory, is reasonably strong, but they seem to have been making horrendous errors due to a lack of concentration in the last couple of games and they are left exposed due to the lack of presence in midfield.

The players and their new coach generally don't seem to have understood each other yet. That situation isn't likely to improve after the games against Legia.

They are undoubtedly very vulnerable just now and Maribor have to believe they have a great chance to get through.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013

New manager is the no.1 factor by the looks of it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Does it ever?

Still, it's terrible how victimised Celtic are and how the whole world is out to get them.

They never get anything in their favour from referees or UEFA or anything.

Jul 1, 2010
Does it ever?

Still, it's terrible how victimised Celtic are and how the whole world is out to get them.

They never get anything in their favour from referees or UEFA or anything.
"We got robbed by the referee against Juventus, those tactics on corner kicks were outrageous and downright illegal. Jubentus, a bunch of cheaters. We got cheated by the referees yet again."

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
They made ten changes from the team that played the CL qualifier in midweek.

There was always a good chance they'd lose in those circumstances.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Nice win on Saturday.

Created plenty of chances and should have won the game more comfortably and not need to rely on spectacular goals to win.

Langfield

Logan-Taylor-Reynolds-Considine

Jack-Low

McGinn-Pawlett-Hayes

Goodwillie​

Main tactical point of interest was that Pawlett spent a lot of time drifting wide, which got him out of the crowded centre and made it much easier to get him on the ball and get him running. He wasn't a factor in a lot of hime games last season because he stayed to central and it made it easy for the opposition to crowd him out.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
But Celtic are the cool left-wing team and The Rangers are the arsehole establishment club! Hard partying aussies aren't supposed to love the Queen, Tories and all that :(

Sort it out @Bianconero_Aus

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

apparently so.

Didn't expect that chant to make it to Australia.
This bloody forum :andy2: :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
There is a shit load of Rangers and Celtic fans here in Australia :D And another forum I'm on (the Aussie team I support) both sets of supporters goad each other all day long.

I just posted that comment to create some discussion :D

I love you too @Scottish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)