[SCO] Scottish Premier league 2012/2013 (3 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Boruc could have become a really top keeper, but things were easy for him at Celtic, so he became fat and lazy instead.

Dziekanowski was before my time.

All I know of him is that he was in the Celtic team Aberdeen beat in the 1990 Scottish Cup Final:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
They got what had been coming to them for years.

Had been pulling a big scam to avoid paying taxes on players wages for at least ten years (possibly nearer twenty), so were going to be well over £100m in debt since the taxman caught up with them.

They reformed (Naples Soccer style) and were forced to start at the bottom of Scottish football.

They are currently in the fourth tier and aren't even top of the that league.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Scottish Premier League chief executive Neil Doncaster believes member clubs have "adapted remarkably well" to Rangers' absence from the top flight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19904760

Scottish football has survived?

Who'd've thunk it?

You'd almost think all the stuff Doncaster was saying during the summer was just scaremongering to try and forced clubs to accept Sevco back into the SPL. :rolleyes:

Utter cock.

Can't wait until he's gone.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
They got what had been coming to them for years.

Had been pulling a big scam to avoid paying taxes on players wages for at least ten years (possibly nearer twenty), so were going to be well over £100m in debt since the taxman caught up with them.

They reformed (Naples Soccer style) and were forced to start at the bottom of Scottish football.
:agree: Although I would say decades! My father's generation have always said that the bigot brothers ruined Scottish football!

They are currently in the fourth tier and aren't even top of the that league.
:rofl:

Looking forward to Inter, Meelan and Napoli having the same fate.
That would be justice! :MJ::MJ:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He's already finished, whether he goes after the Belgium game or towards the end of the qualifiers.

What I don't understand is that he used to do a lot of basic, sensible things when he was at Utd, but now makes really basic errors.

Has he got ideas above his station now or what?

I remember when he took Utd to Pittodrie and played two defensive RBs because he was worried about Aluko.

Last night he plays Fox (a poor man's Mulgrew, and Mulgrew ain't much good) and Maloney against Bale.

Why not focus on Bale, given that he is obviously the only Wales player capable of hurting Scotland?

Same goes for the game against Macedonia, when he made no plans at all to keep Pandev quiet, so Pandev - as Macedonia's only good player - was given the time and space to do a lot of damage (even though his teammated missed the chances he created for them).

The Scotland fans who moan about him being too negative are idiots.

He's just putting the team out in a nothingy fashion, without anything resembling a proper plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Much more distessing than Scotland losing, Jack was stretchered off for the U21s and Fraser went off injured fro the U19s.

I hate international football.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
The Scotland fans who moan about him being too negative are idiots.

He's just putting the team out in a nothingy fashion, without anything resembling a proper plan.
That's Trap and Ireland all over.

I sometimes get the impression a lot of international managers are just waiting to be fired.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You do wonder sometimes.

With all the time they have of basically doing nothing for months on end they should be able to dream up all sorts of stupid ideas and plans to put into place.

The great thing about the Scotland fans moaning about negativity is that the last Scotland managers to do a good job were Craig Brown, Walter Smith and Alex McLeish, who are all employed very negative tactics.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The current one.

It was away to a distinctly mediocre Czech Rep. team.

Scotland lost 2-0, I think.

That game did Levein an awful lot of damage.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Article on the shite Green is speaking to try and get the huns onside:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...-see-if-the-500-million-buy-into-it-1-2575529

From the top table, a vista was created where the global reach of Rangers amounted to 500 million people; 500 million people being about seven per cent of the world’s population. Green imagined how good it would be if these 500 million Bears just threw in a couple of quid every week to watch their team play live on their mobile phones and their tablets from far-flung places on the planet. He concluded that Rangers could generate £100 million in media rights every year. We’ll say that again; £100m. That’s £39.4m more than Manchester City made from Sky Sports when winning the English Premiership last season. That’s still £10.1m more than City would make even if they won the league again when the new and eye-watering £3bn Sky Sports/BT deal kicks in next year.

Surely, even huns aren't stupid enough to believe that.

- - - Updated - - -

And things supposedly starting to move with regards to the removal of Stewart Regan, the SFA Chief Executive:

SFA chief Stewart Regan is facing the axe.

Rebel clubs furious at his handling of Rangers’ collapse and the poor World Cup campaign, believe they now have enough support to oust him.

And they could force Regan to step down by moving for a vote of no confidence in his ability to improve Scottish football.

The motion requires 10 backers but it is understood that 21 clubs have already confirmed their intention to back chief executive Regan’s removal.

One club chairman said: “The time is right.

“Obviously, we’d rather be going to Brazil in 2014 but that’s never going to happen. We need to use this disappointment to force change.

“Our call for a Special General Meeting and a vote of no confidence in Regan will be presented within the next 10 days.

“If the vote goes against Regan then the SFA board will be called on to act and I don’t see how he can survive that.”

Regan has been under pressure since SFL clubs claimed he lied to them and attempted to bully them to vote new Rangers into the First Division in the summer.

With Scotland’s World Cup campaign doomed they will make their move.

Just from The Sun, so won't take it too seriously.

Regan, Doncaster and Oglivie all need to go.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Levein: The author of his own demise

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobil...99?_=236f71eb739251799b2b6b5928c70f12118a0fc9

Can't disagree with much of that.

I'm not into the idea that not playing a striker in Prague was some sort of failure to follow Scotland's footballing traditions. I'm more into pragmatism, so I'll say it was a bad idea because it did not increase the chance of Scotland getting a positive result.

Also, if you want to say Burley had a high point (putting in a decent performance against Holland), then Levein can claim the highlight of losing 3-2 to Spain.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Interview with Craig Whyte about his takeover and time in charge of Rangers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-19975957

Most of it is just confirming what was widely suspected at the time, but there are a few interesting bits.

I rather like that it has come out that Whyte found Charles Green and put him in touch with Duff & Phelps for him to negotiate a deal to buy Rangers.

I don't suppose that will help Green and "Rangers" raise the £20m they've been speaking about from this IPO. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)