[SCO] Scottish Premier league 2012/2013 (7 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Cost of watching football:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19980890

No surprise that Celtic are the most expensive.

I've stopped going to Parkhead because I objected to having to spend almost £30 to sit behind a pillar.

The other teams are all much of a muchness.

My season ticket for the South Stand was £293, which is alright value.

No way I'd pay £25 every week to watch SPL football, though.

Worth noting, though, that for all its many faults, the SPL remains the best supported league (per head of population) in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, looks like Hearts are risking a points deduction for failing to pay their players on time yet again.

Would want it to be shown that this wasn't caused by the SPL being late in making its payments to the SPL clubs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Good point yesterday.

First half performance was iffy as the midfield didn't move well enough to receive the ball and no-one was looking to stretch the game, so it was pretty easy for Utd to press and put us under pressure.

Played longer in the second half and McGinn moved off his wing more to find space and drag Utd around. Aberdeen's start to the second half was excellent - playing at a really high tempo and really forcing Utd back until the equaliser came.

Can't remember the last time it happened with an SPL game, but I actually came away from Tannadice feeling as though I'd seen a good, entertaining match.

Aberdeen's travelling support - we had 4,000 there yesterday - really makes these games as it feels like a big deal and the intensity off the pitch is transmitted to the players.

Special mention to those awful Aberdeen thugs who threw things onto the pitch just before we scored, causing the Utd defence to lose concentration. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and fuck Utd and fuck the police for only delaying the kickoff for fifteen minutes when an accident on the road was adding an hour to journey times.

Cunts.

- - - Updated - - -

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
There had been rumours about that Aberdeen were opposing changes the 11-1 voting structure for the moment, and it is now becoming clearer why they are doing it:

"Unless we get the voting structure changed, I can't see anything happening at all. Rangers can't be voted back in. They've got to earn the right by coming back up through the leagues. I'm not saying it won't, but I can't see it happening. There's no way the leagues will be reconstructed for them.

"Ideally, you would like to see everything changed at once, but I just can't see how 11 clubs would agree on the size of leagues, money redistribution and voting. It's a very different league this year. We're no worse off than we would have been if Rangers were still in the league. If anything we've gained by Dundee being in the SPL. We've benefited more than most from having them up."

Stephen Thompson (Utd Owner)

Aberdeen are using the 11-1 voting system that was used to benefit the Old Firm and fuck over everyone else to make sure that Rangers can't be sneaked back up through the leagues. :D

Longer term, the 11-1 voting system needs to change, though.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Easy win today, which made a nice change.

It's all set up beautifully for the players to show up on Tuesday night thing they are fucking ace, so don't really need to try very hard and us getting beat by Smurn.

Now for the stats:

First time Aberdeen had beaten Dundee at Pittodrie since 1993.

We are now unbeaten in 12 games in all competitions.

Niall McGinn is the first Aberdeen player to score in five consecutive games since Duncan Shearer :)heart:) did it. Shearer, being awesome, had two hattricks in his run of goals, though. :D

We're only two points behind Celtic, since they lost at home to Kilmarnock for the first time since 1955.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Jess was a Dons loon.

No reason for him to bother himself playing for other teams.

Aberdeen made a tidy profit selling him to Coventry then buying him back.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I just called him 'Ian', but heard 'Eon', 'E-oyn', all sorts of nonsense.

Another one of Strachan's masterpieces, I think we stayed up by a point that year, which was a shambles for the team we had.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
SPL table with most teams having completed the first quarter:

Celtic v Dundee Utd and Motherwell v Dundee Utd are the two fixtures outstanding.

Celtic, therefore are probably five points clear at the top.

Hard to say that Utd's is a false position in the table, since I wouldn't expect them to pick up many points from the two games.

First time in ages that Aberdeen have got in a position where we aren't having to play catch-up just to get into the pack.

Attachments

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Using it to record my musings on Scottish football.

- - - Updated - - -

Worst performance of the season last night.

Complete lack of conviction and aggression.

CBs couldn't handle Smurn's big donkey CFs and our midfield couldn't control that area of the pitch despite a numerical advantage, so we struggled on the flanks.

Brown also decided not to press forward in ET when we had the momentum from getting the last-minute equaliser. I understood not sticking to the gung-ho tactics of the last few minutes of normal time, but he should have been bolder then he was.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
“I’m running the club, I’m making the decisions and I’m going to protect the club with my life,” Green said. “Nobody’s going to abuse it, [or say] rubbish that I’m going to sell the ground. Absolute nonsense. The blog I’ve seen said that we’re going to enter into a sale and leaseback for £8.5m, you can shove the offer where the sun don’t shine. We’ve got a valuation in the share prospectus in excess of £80m. I might be Green, but I’m not a cabbage. It’s just rubbish put out by people trying to disrupt the IPO.

Gratuitous alienation….

Mr Green bought all the assets, including the right to over £3 million in cash due to the former Rangers, at a cost of £5.5 million. Now he says that the fixed assets are worth in excess of £80 million, and that a sale and leaseback at a price of £8.5 million is nonsense. What about a sale and leaseback at a price of £80 million?

What about the title to the assets being in the name of the PLC and leased to the football company? That is perfectly legitimate.

If BDO challenges the transaction as a gratuitous alienation, then it is for the purchaser to establish that “adequate consideration” was paid for the assets. That is NOT the same as saying it was the best offer anyone made.

If BDO do raise a court action, I struggle to see how Mr Green can state that he has paid “adequate consideration” for the assets. Maybe someone could ask him, as I am sure he must have been advised that this is an issue he might have to face.

“We haven’t [been massaging attendances]. The turnaround at Rangers and where we are taking it is fantastic news for Rangers fans, but many of our competitors are unhappy to see us rise as a phoenix. [So] people go to police under Freedom Of Information, but those numbers in every stadium will be less than the official numbers.

Mentioning the word “phoenix” is, I am sure, a slip by the CEO. After all a “phoenix company” is seen as one which dumps its debts and re-emerges as the same business debt-free. Indeed HMRC has powers to take action against phoenix companies.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.c...e-of-gratuitous-alienation-of-rangers-assets/

- - - Updated - - -

Rangers oldco in liquidation after administrator legal dispute

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/197765-rangers-oldco-in-liquidation-after-administrator-legal-dispute/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)