[SCO] Scottish Premier league 2010/2011 (2 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Negotiations are ongoing, but McGhee will almost certainly be Dons boss within a couple of days.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
John Hughes is new Hibs manager.

It's about time too. I've been expecting him to go there for about the last three times they've been looking for a new manager.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Negotiations are ongoing, but McGhee will almost certainly be Dons boss within a couple of days.
Oh, OK!

John Hughes is new Hibs manager.

It's about time too. I've been expecting him to go there for about the last three times they've been looking for a new manager.
Pretending that he didn't want to be a Hibee? Perhaps he was in denial! :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Maybe he was, but he's too stupid to know what denial means.

I was terrified that Aberdeen would appoint 'Yogi'. He is just an idiot.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
hey Red, considering that McGoo claimed that his Motherwell team were the 3rd best team in the league surely going to Aberdeen is a step back for the great one?

in all seriousness though,expect 1 great season, followed by 1 very poor one and then him jumping ship to a club that bats his eyelids at him,repeat ad nausea......this is pretty myuch his career ina nutshell

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Maybe he thinks we are the second best team in the country. :D

His career path doesn't bother me. I think his turning down the Hearts job shows he has matured a bit and will actually think before leaving, rather than just jumping at the first chance.

It's only ten years since he was last considered for the Dons job. He was interviewed but missed out to Ebbe Skovdahl that time round.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Seems to be Aberdeen v Hearts for Stephen Hughes.

Hearts have supposedly offered a contract and Scott Leitch went to speak to Hughes today to try and convince him to join us.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
i think with him turning us down before he will make the choice to follow his manager(who got the best out of him so far in his career) up to pittodrie. no problem as i think we are gonna go for Hartley again to add some experience and with Stewart,(the very underrated) Palazuelos,Black,Johnsson all competing for the CM places already i think we are well covered. we need to reinforce the wing as i see kingston being sold on and Driver(if he gets a few games with england under-21's and impressing) being cashed in. we would be left with Oboua and Templeton for the wings and we need some more competition there for Csaba's system to work effectively

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Seems to be Aberdeen v Hearts for Stephen Hughes.

Hearts have supposedly offered a contract and Scott Leitch went to speak to Hughes today to try and convince him to join us.
Would be a great signing for either side. Was the best player on the park when Motherwell went to Ibrox at the end of last season.

Bizzare first press conference from McGhee "On a scale of one to two, I'd put the Celtic job above Aberdeen".

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Would be a great signing for either side. Was the best player on the park when Motherwell went to Ibrox at the end of last season.

Bizzare first press conference from McGhee "On a scale of one to two, I'd put the Celtic job above Aberdeen".
"i love aberdeen,but celtic were, and always will be,my first choice"

MERCENARY

tbh i stated to anyone that would listen last year that McGee turning down the Hearts job was rather fishy. look at the mans track record of jumping the second a bigger club comes along,i said then that McGee and Boyle were saying different things and my opinion was that he had been told to sit tight as Strachan was leaving celtc and he would be a front runner for the job. i was not too far off the mark

taht said, he could be exactly what the dons need and he does try to get his team playing good football. but i feel for Andy here as he loves the defensive side of the game and the next couple of years are gonna be a roller-coaster of good football but god-awful defending

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
McGhee and the Celtic job is irrelevant to me. Of course he wanted the job with better wages and more resources.

One has to keep in mind that Aberdeen have better players than Motherwell, so I'm not concerned about McGhee's style of play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)