Saviola (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshutoshJuve

Hi, Ashutosh Deshpande!
Mar 13, 2007
Saviola is as good forward. I don't think he is judged fairly.

He would be a great player for us with his experience and quality. He is creative and scores goals. Also when he gets on a streak he can be unstoppable at times.

He also does not mind spending sometime on the bench.

Del Piero will not play every game next season and Saviola is a great player to split the time with Ale without losing our quality. We all know part of the reason we are doing well this season is the lack of mid week games and in order to do well next season we will need to give Ale the rest he needs to maintain his good form.

Ale/Saviola ---Trez/Iaquinta

with Palla covering a number of roles when needed would be very good for us next year.

Saviola and Lampard or someone would add alot of quality to our team
bullshit logic
u aren't a Juve supporter
go and support an EPL side.....

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Saviola, IMO, is a typical example of player like Owen, Robben...etc who is young-talented but also was young-ruined by hypes and compliments. Now he's too old to fix himself, or to sit back and learn.

He is the reason why I think Real Madrid is a very dangerous place for young talents. There, they are trained to be arrogant and money-hungered, when they don't shine as expected, coach throw them away.
its unfair to put Robben in that category imo, he's still 24 and he wasnt ruined by hype, he's just unlucky with niggling injuries.

Montero, Oneill, Zalayeta, Olivera, Camoranesi
that`s only the last years
very successful examples you got there.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
Nope.

Napoli wants Saviola btw.
If Napoli wants Saviola than it is most likely that they won't sign Zalayeta on a permanent basis. I hope you are wrong.

PS: Has anyone followed Cavenaghi from Bordeaux? I think I read somewhere that he is currently in-form.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
well, as far as i'm concerned, i don't rate saviola that extremely high. He DID indeed play for barca and real, but he failed to impress in both. I agree with the general opinion that he was a great prospect 5 or 6 years ago, but he never really got up to the expectations he was put on.
On the other hand, we have to consider, that at this moment, we won't (most probably) buy a huntelaar or something. We simply cannot afford a world-class starting XI striker, and we don't really need one. (and with 'need' i mean 'need to replace delpiero/trez') Of course, in long-term, we need to replace dp (which will be hard enough) and also trez, but at this moment, our focus should not be on the strikers. We have one excellent striker-sub with iaquinta, and imo, someone like saviola could very well be 4th striker for us. if saviola wants to accept that position is a whole other question, but i'd say his price is the only reason not to turn down immediately this transfer. We can't spend 20mio for a DP/Trez-replacement at this moment when we have such a defense-lineup. We just have to face it, this year, we cannot make any bids for the agueros and huntelaars around. If we want to expand our forward-section, then we have to look around for the likes of saviola, and i'd say for those 5mio (or what) you can't get much better than saviola (considering his pretty good age).

That said, imo, i think we should give it a go. Saviola for 5 mio and him accepting the role of 4th striker? OK! Anything more, what goes beyond the +/-7 mio will be too much.
Let's not forget that being a bench-player in real does not necessarily mean that he sucks... i mean with such a big-names lineup, it's kind of difficult to impress... yet, he scored some goals....

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #109
    OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #110
    well, as far as i'm concerned, i don't rate saviola that extremely high. He DID indeed play for barca and real, but he failed to impress in both. I agree with the general opinion that he was a great prospect 5 or 6 years ago, but he never really got up to the expectations he was put on.
    On the other hand, we have to consider, that at this moment, we won't (most probably) buy a huntelaar or something. We simply cannot afford a world-class starting XI striker, and we don't really need one. (and with 'need' i mean 'need to replace delpiero/trez') Of course, in long-term, we need to replace dp (which will be hard enough) and also trez, but at this moment, our focus should not be on the strikers. We have one excellent striker-sub with iaquinta, and imo, someone like saviola could very well be 4th striker for us. if saviola wants to accept that position is a whole other question, but i'd say his price is the only reason not to turn down immediately this transfer. We can't spend 20mio for a DP/Trez-replacement at this moment when we have such a defense-lineup. We just have to face it, this year, we cannot make any bids for the agueros and huntelaars around. If we want to expand our forward-section, then we have to look around for the likes of saviola, and i'd say for those 5mio (or what) you can't get much better than saviola (considering his pretty good age).

That said, imo, i think we should give it a go. Saviola for 5 mio and him accepting the role of 4th striker? OK! Anything more, what goes beyond the +/-7 mio will be too much.
    Let's not forget that being a bench-player in real does not necessarily mean that he sucks... i mean with such a big-names lineup, it's kind of difficult to impress... yet, he scored some goals....
    Saviola is very inconsistent.Also,as Mark said we could`ve bought him that summer for free and we didn`t and we should do the same now.

Yeah I agree,5mln euros is maybe not that much but his wages are at least 3mln euros probably.Something that high for 4th striker is not that good.He wants to play.Here,even Iaquinta is getting very little time to play and not to mention Palladino.

So thanks but no thanks.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    If Napoli wants Saviola than it is most likely that they won't sign Zalayeta on a permanent basis. I hope you are wrong.

PS: Has anyone followed Cavenaghi from Bordeaux? I think I read somewhere that he is currently in-form.
    Yes he has been in form in the past couple of months, he's been banging in goals, contributing to the overall play and he has been one of the biggest factors in Bordeaux's title challenge. If he keeps it up, he'll be one of the top strikers in the Ligue, and it wont be long before a big team comes knocking on the door.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)