Save our Beloved Lebanon...... (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Rami said:
Iraq invaded Kuwait...what happened? The whole world was here! I know there are some major differences in the two situations. But these differences do not trigger utter silence from the global community. But Israel's involvement does.
That had nothing to do with Kuwait, that was about oil. There are dozens of wars going on in Africa that no Western nation ever pays much attention to because they have no interests in the region. Most Western nations also don't have any interests in Lebanon: so they're not going to send troops. No matter who attacks the poor country.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Erik-with-a-k said:
Any international organisation will never be more than the sum of the national interests of its most powerful members limited by the conflict of interests between said states. That's a simple fact of life that can't be overcome.

The only way that could be remotely surpassed is through a world government. And that's an even worse idea.
Should be on a plaque in the UN enterance in NY.

+ Rep

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
PhRoZeN said:
Good to see your okay, as is your family. Hope this war ends soon..

I personally dont see too much difference between this thread and the "Israel-lebanon" one.. infact theres already signs that this may end up being the same.. I have already seen some political conversation spark up.. im tempted to join, but then ill respect it and just wont bother giving my 50 cents. However just to say, I dont share majority of the opinion that syria and iran is indeed behind these atrocitys.. I say no more, believe what you want to.
agree (keepin' it queit)

Erik-with-a-k said:
Any international organisation will never be more than the sum of the national interests of its most powerful members limited by the conflict of interests between said states. That's a simple fact of life that can't be overcome.

The only way that could be remotely surpassed is through a world government. And that's an even worse idea.
ABsolutely true!!

Azzurri7 said:
Thanks everyone.

Phrozen...How can't you see Syria behind this??? I'll leave Iran alone, as they're already busy with the Americans and not to forget they have nothing in common with the Arab countries.

I don't think It has something to do with Fear to Arabs, most of them they do wanna keep the good relation-ship with the Americans, something I'd also do, but that doesn't mean that I should Ignore the rest of the countries just to keep my good-relationship working. Infact, the most thing I hate is when they all keep on moaning and ask this to stop when In-reality they do want to participate in it.
Rab, glad to hear you're alrite...watchin them pictures began to worry me...
I think I remember one journalist, who also came to the idea that Iran and especially Syria was behind this raid because Syria didn't let an international convoy of negotiators come to Demascus...thus pointing to them as suspects..

On the other hand, US vetoed a cease fire early on which was suggested by the UN, deeming that self defense (however they want to define that) is neccessary. Now this whole thing would not have escalated if Israel would have atleast agreed to negotiate. Hezbollah did kidnap and attack first, but they did it towards soldiers, they didn't just begin attacking cities.
Shit I've spoken too much...Anyways, thats my point of view, sorry if its a mistake...I hope I don't offend anyone...

back to the main topic, It really does hurt to see a whole city desimated and country in shambles. Im really sorry that neither I nor my country can do anymore to help (considering the moroons that govern my country).....
Perhaps if the opportunity arrives, I can try to be involved in any rebuilding process, you know volentary aid and such...

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Erik-with-a-k said:
That had nothing to do with Kuwait, that was about oil. There are dozens of wars going on in Africa that no Western nation ever pays much attention to because they have no interests in the region. Most Western nations also don't have any interests in Lebanon: so they're not going to send troops. No matter who attacks the poor country.
But none of them are disproportionate like this one.

It's ultimatly an interest game, this is what politics is. I am appalled by the responses of the west, the arabs, and us.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Rami said:
But none of them are disproportionate like this one.

It's ultimatly an interest game, this is what politics is. I am appalled by the responses of the west, the arabs, and us.
The politics of the West have always been disgusting. The Colonial Age stands out as an age of absolute atrocities. The Cold War was just a sick game where the US and the USSR used the rest of the world (most notably Europe) to combat each other and that tradition has only mildly changed since the vanishing of the Soviet Empire. It's appalling, but here to stay I'm afraid.

As for the Arab political scene: I know very little to almost nothing about it so I can't argue with you on that front I'm afraid. That would also explain why my view on the situation is a bit different than yours.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Erik-with-a-k said:
The politics of the West have always been disgusting. The Colonial Age stands out as an age of absolute atrocities. The Cold War was just a sick game where the US and the USSR used the rest of the world (most notably Europe) to combat each other and that tradition has only mildly changed since the vanishing of the Soviet Empire. It's appalling, but here to stay I'm afraid.

As for the Arab political scene: I know very little to almost nothing about it so I can't argue with you on that front I'm afraid. That would also explain why my view on the situation is a bit different than yours.
Well we could've expected the Arab leaders to Condemn Israel or even putting Israel and Hizbullah in the same pot....But no they practically condemned Hizbullah and encouraged Israel.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Rami said:
They rule by fear my friend. Go check out the prisons in every country and see what's happening to those who opposed.

It's not an excuse and I know it, and I am ashamed of it...But I can see a light at the end of the tunnel, there is only so much the people could take before it erupts in the governments faces.
I agree...

The fear between us is that I don't see a light in the endm of the tunnel:D

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Rami said:
Well we could've expected the Arab leaders to Condemn Israel or even putting Israel and Hizbullah in the same pot....But no they practically condemned Hizbullah and encouraged Israel.
I have to say that I was surprised by their reactions...

I expected them to stay silent, nothing more or less, but to criticize the people defending Lebanon at this stage is something strange really...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
ReBeL said:
Actually, it's in People's hands to remove those leaders...
Yea, good luck doing that. Can someone remove Bashar? Can someone remove Mubarak? Could someone have removed Saddam?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Rami said:
Iraq invaded Kuwait...what happened? The whole world was here! I know there are some major differences in the two situations. But these differences do not trigger utter silence from the global community. But Israel's involvement does.
I think it's important for everyone who wants to discuss politics to memorize this one important fact about the political scene (well you can call it an opinion, I believe it's a fact):

Noone does anything except out of self-interest.

There is no such thing as "helping", "protecting" and so on. There is only "investing".

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #114
    - vOnAm - said:
    agree (keepin' it queit)

ABsolutely true!!

Rab, glad to hear you're alrite...watchin them pictures began to worry me...
    I think I remember one journalist, who also came to the idea that Iran and especially Syria was behind this raid because Syria didn't let an international convoy of negotiators come to Demascus...thus pointing to them as suspects..

On the other hand, US vetoed a cease fire early on which was suggested by the UN, deeming that self defense (however they want to define that) is neccessary. Now this whole thing would not have escalated if Israel would have atleast agreed to negotiate. Hezbollah did kidnap and attack first, but they did it towards soldiers, they didn't just begin attacking cities.
    Shit I've spoken too much...Anyways, thats my point of view, sorry if its a mistake...I hope I don't offend anyone...

back to the main topic, It really does hurt to see a whole city desimated and country in shambles. Im really sorry that neither I nor my country can do anymore to help (considering the moroons that govern my country).....
    Perhaps if the opportunity arrives, I can try to be involved in any rebuilding process, you know volentary aid and such...
    Good post mate....

-Not only that Syria didn't let an international convoy of negotiators come to Demascus but they're also playing with fire, meaning that, they're the only ones in middle-east that can put pressure on Hezzeb Allah to give up their weapons to the Lebanese Gov...Americans before this war started putting pressure on syrians to stop financing Hezzeb Allah and stop giving them weapons, but Syria instead continued to add Vodka on this Fire....

If Hezzeb Allah were to give their weapons to the Lebanese Gov then Israel wouldn't have had any reason to do what they're doing now. But again and again, It would be better for me not to moan alot and hope Hezzeb Allah to strike back on Israeli's so they can stop what they're doing.

About the Americans...

I can't always expect things from them, and blame them for everything, though this doesn't mean that they should sit away and just look at us, because they're World's strongest country, that said also that other countries should do something and not only wait for US.

Thanks for the support btw.....Credits and Hopes from people always keeps you on your feet.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Rami said:
    Dude we are all lap-dogs for Bushy!!:D

We are all lap dogs to the Saudi's, who are making the whole world pay astronomical prices for their oil

I feel for Lebanon, but what I am having a hard time understanding is why their govenment doesnt do anything about Hezbollah ??

They are constantly firing missiles into Israel from Lebanon, and the government does nothing about it. Does anyone disagree with the fact that a country should be able to defend itself if missiles come crashing down into their cities ??

We can go on and on about who's right and wrong, but the bottom line is some has to stop the extremest element in Lebanon

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    Vinman said:
    We are all lap dogs to the Saudi's, who are making the whole world pay astronomical prices for their oil

I feel for Lebanon, but what I am having a hard time understanding is why their govenment doesnt do anything about Hezbollah ??

They are constantly firing missiles into Israel from Lebanon, and the government does nothing about it. Does anyone disagree with the fact that a country should be able to defend itself if missiles come crashing down into their cities ??

We can go on and on about who's right and wrong, but the bottom line is some has to stop the extremest element in Lebanon
    No we don't the rules of supply and demand do.

FYI this is not the first time Hizbullah abducted Israeli soldiers. They have done it numerous times before, but Israel this time went gung ho this time on Lebanon. Why now?

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Jeeks said:
    Yea, good luck doing that. Can someone remove Bashar? Can someone remove Mubarak? Could someone have removed Saddam?
    Rami said:
    You very well know its not that easy....
    I didn't say it's an easy mission...

But I'm sure it's worth it...

Lazy people can't gain their rights easily...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)