Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting (6 Viewers)

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
One thing reading the daily papers in India this month: you don't need guns to do some fucked-up, crazy shit to kill people.
That happens in every country though, knife/freestyle weapons (cricket bats,construction tools, stones etc) are not even reported in the news, but they would have made it to the news had India had the same policy towards gun ownership where in each of these cases the nutjobs had guns, in which case the death toll would have been immense.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Actually, I disagree. Guns have a place and purpose. I just don't believe so in a paranoid "the aliens are coming for my butthole" or "the gubment is coming to kill me" way.
Civilians shouldn't have guns. At least as many of 'em like in the States.

--

I don't have guns in my house, my door is unlock and I'm just fine. My parent's house is unlock too...but don't go there, my dad will shoot your head off with a shotgun. I've spent all of my life with weapons...and all I can say is that there's something really fucked up in America since you guys actually need to use em (or at least you paranoid fucks say so).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
extremely naive to think these incidents are primarily caused by gun ownership
Well of course, anybody with some sense can see that. But in today's world, it's all about agendas.

acmilan has an agenda, just like the rest of the folks who use tragic events like this for their own weird self-loathing.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
if you grew up in a warfare glorifying country promoting cowboy policies of preemptive strikes and language of violence when "slated", i'd say it's natural to have some of its citizens follow suit
We are marinated in a movie culture that advocates the first person shooter hero. So no question there.

But I have to admit, there's something majorly badass when you read about some dudes in rural India who get into a dispute over a chick. And then the cops arrive to find one of the dudes dead with his head bashed in, and the other dude having a smoke on a pile of garbage next to an immense, blood-stained boulder. Guns are for pussies.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
One thing reading the daily papers in India this month: you don't need guns to do some fucked-up, crazy shit to kill people.
Word

We probably have as many or more guns per capita in Canada but this kind of incidents are quite rare while they seem to happen often in the USA. While automatic guns are outlawed here, I think the American problem is deeper than that. Outlawing automatic guns would help but your problem seems to be cultural.
I love chicks with big jugs, guns and bacon #Merica

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
We are marinated in a movie culture that advocates the first person shooter hero. So no question there.

But I have to admit, there's something majorly badass when you read about some dudes in rural India who get into a dispute over a chick. And then the cops arrive to find one of the dudes dead with his head bashed in, and the other dude having a smoke on a pile of garbage next to an immense, blood-stained boulder. Guns are for pussies.

i have to say knife culture, with people getting "marked", is much more virile

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
...just like the rest of the folks who use tragic events like this for their own weird self-loathing.
No, I'm not one of those...I just don't see the reason behind the fact that you want everybody to own a gun.

And don't give me that bullshit that it's people who kill people, not guns.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Actually, I disagree. Guns have a place and purpose. I just don't believe so in a paranoid "the aliens are coming for my butthole" or "the gubment is coming to kill me" way.
Governments have done that since the beginning of time.

You couldn't implement it without confiscation, and the only way confiscation works anywhere in the world without blowing up in your face is through voluntary means with incentives. So the US govt may be in the business of writing future-dated blank checks, but they'd have a lot more to write in that case.
They wouldn't have to do that. They could simply make it illegal to own a firearm, giving out sentences with jail time for those caught not turning them in.

I'm sure the prison industrial complex would adore such a law.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No, I'm not one of those...I just don't see the reason behind the fact that you want everybody to own a gun.

And don't give me that bull$#@! that it's people who kill people, not guns.
I want sane people owning weapons. Like I said, I definitely want to protect my home. I live on a nice street and this past week someone tried to break into my neighbor's house. He has children and was able to scare whomever it was off. How, he didn't tell me. But in times of economic depression, a collapsing society based on violence and "the government is going to save me and give me a handout" nonsense, like I said, I think it is silly not to have one. We are in rough and going into rougher times.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It would be pretty difficult to take out a whole classroom with an elephant.
Except you don't even need the elephant.

Not trying to sound racist here, but from my perspective to date, it's quite common in India to have any big public gathering (a festival, a parade, a protest) and have at least 5-10 people die. It's almost expected anytime people come together in numbers.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
They could simply make it illegal to own a firearm, giving out sentences with jail time for those caught not turning them in.
Just like they did here...nothing really happened. :D And you guys are producing guns, so I can see why the policy over there is that you wanna own one. Can't you see Andy that you're all brainwashed? You are feared of something that doesn't exist. And that's because you fuckers are made to believe that you should be afraid of something all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Capitalism. :touched:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No question. But we're a long way from becoming Syria just yet.
It usually ends that way though. All empires eventually fall. Personally, I'm not going to believe we're exempt from history.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like they did here...nothing really happened. :D And you guys are producing guns, so I can see why the policy over there is that you wanna own one. Can't you see Andy that you're all brainwashed? You are feared of something that doesn't exist. And that's because you $#@!ers are made to believe that you should be afraid of something all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Capitalism. :touched:
It's a different culture, that's why.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Just like they did here...nothing really happened. :D And you guys are producing guns, so I can see why the policy over there is that you wanna own one. Can't you see Andy that you're all brainwashed? You are feared of something that doesn't exist. And that's because you fuckers are made to believe that you should be afraid of something all the time.
and you are brainwashed to believe society and its members are civil by nature, the only thing that keeps the structure glued is deterrence and that of course is elastic only to a certain point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)