Sami Khedira (17 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Sami was a more intelligent footballer, he was always injured though and not the quickest.

Max always complimented Sami on his movement without the ball, etc. Don't remember many compliments on Pjanic about intelligence.
Don't remember all those Allegri compliments, must've missed it if they were a regular thing. Sami just was not a b2b mid for us when it came to bringing the ball forward, the man was good at making runs in the final third and very good at disciplined defending, but he was nonexistent in build up, he could go for tens of minutes without touching the ball, especially in league games. That's not intelligence from a b2b mid, that's just lazy.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
Don't remember all those Allegri compliments, must've missed it if they were a regular thing. Sami just was not a b2b mid for us when it came to bringing the ball forward, the man was good at making runs in the final third and very good at disciplined defending, but he was nonexistent in build up, he could go for tens of minutes without touching the ball, especially in league games. That's not intelligence from a b2b mid, that's just lazy.
I don't think you know what lazy means. Sami is the antithesis of a lazy player.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Sami was mostly a mediocre player with superb positioning, especially in attack.

And while defensively disciplined, he sucked at tackling or intercepting. Do not miss him.
Gotta be fair, he came for free and served us well.

In fact all our free/cheap transfers turned out great, with the exception of Emre Can perhaps.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Gotta be fair, he came for free and served us well.

In fact all our free/cheap transfers turned out great, with the exception of Emre Can perhaps.
ramsey is a bust. Rabiot has been inconsistent, and considering how much he’s making, the fact that he hasn’t established himself in the lineup has me leaning towards him being a bust as well. But unlike Ramsey he still has resale value since he’s still young-ish.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
ramsey is a bust. Rabiot has been inconsistent, and considering how much he’s making, the fact that he hasn’t established himself in the lineup has me leaning towards him being a bust as well. But unlike Ramsey he still has resale value since he’s still young-ish.
not definitive just yet.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
https://en.as.com/en/2018/04/01/football/1522574141_749947.html

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/86/italy/2016/08/28/26940082/allegri-marvels-at-exceptional-khedira

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
our last mid that could actually score a decent amount of goals per season. If only Ramsey had similiar season to Khediras 17/18 (9 goals in the league) we would all be happy.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I don't think you know what lazy means. Sami is the antithesis of a lazy player.
So why did he avoid the build-up? For years when Sami was the RCM, RB was always fucked is possession when counter pressed, you either send a half-cooked long ball or take on your man in your own half, because your midfield buddy is nowhere to be seen. Don't think I've ever seen him attempt to drive the ball forward in a non-CL game either. That's just lazy from a supposed b2b mid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)