Sami Khedira (11 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
So why did he avoid the build-up? For years when Sami was the RCM, RB was always fucked is possession when counter pressed, you either send a half-cooked long ball or take on your man in your own half, because your midfield buddy is nowhere to be seen. Don't think I've ever seen him attempt to drive the ball forward in a non-CL game either. That's just lazy from a supposed b2b mid.
Is McKennie lazy for not being involved in the build-up? Was Matuidi lazy for not being involved in the build-up? As I said I don't think you know what lazy means if your definition of lazy is someone who isn't much on the ball. By your definition Arthur is our hardest working player currently.

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Is McKennie lazy for not being involved in the build-up? Was Matuidi lazy for not being involved in the build-up? As I said I don't think you know what lazy means if your definition of lazy is someone who isn't much on the ball. By your definition Arthur is our hardest working player currently.
McKennie and Matuidi are/were involved so much more than Khedira in his average Serie A match. Khedira literally had games were he on average made one touch every 5 minutes, the guy played on cruise control for two thirds of the season. And no, I don't think (or said) that's the only factor to define lazy, but Sami definitely was cruising for a lot of his Juve career, his lack of effort even made his own fans boo him at one point.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
McKennie and Matuidi are/were involved so much more than Khedira in his average Serie A match. Khedira literally had games were he on average made one touch every 5 minutes, the guy played on cruise control for two thirds of the season. And no, I don't think (or said) that's the only factor to define lazy, but Sami definitely was cruising for a lot of his Juve career, his lack of effort even made his own fans boo him at one point.
This is false. Khedira was more involved in the build-up than Matuidi or McKennie, numbers back this up as does the eye test. Fans booed him because they are retards, has nothing to do with Sami's level of effort. There are many ways to describe Sami but lazy is not one of them. Unless of course one does not understand the meaning of lazy.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
This is false. Khedira was more involved in the build-up than Matuidi or McKennie, numbers back this up as does the eye test. Fans booed him because they are retards, has nothing to do with Sami's level of effort. There are many ways to describe Sami but lazy is not one of them. Unless of course one does not understand the meaning of lazy.
He wasn't lazy but he left holes in midfield with his runs and position higher up the field. That was my main concern with him

He wasn't known for retrieving balls either

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Lol Nah bro Khedira literally had matches with 5 touches. I also remember those stat lines. I wouldn't say he was lazy though, just very ineffective. Especially his last fit year for us.

Jun 6, 2015
He wasn't lazy but he left holes in midfield with his runs and position higher up the field. That was my main concern with him

He wasn't known for retrieving balls either
I don't agree with that. He made runs forward but he was also the one sprinting back to prevent counters. He was positionally very aware and rarely do I rememberer us being caught on the break when he was still in the team.

I agree that he wasn't known for aggressive tackling. Although we were overall really risk averse in our defending under Allegri, meaning we put more emphasis on not being beat in 1v1 situations rather than winning the ball back through tackles.

Jun 6, 2015
Lol Nah bro Khedira literally had matches with 5 touches. I also remember those stat lines. I wouldn't say he was lazy though, just very ineffective. Especially his last fit year for us.
During his last fit year, he made 36.6 passes per game in Serie A, McKennie has made 25.7 passes per game this season and Matuidi made 29.5 passes per game last season. People remember the Tottenham game where he made like 7 passes and make generalisations based on that. Normally Khedira was more involved in the build-up than the likes of McKennie and Matuidi.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
During his last fit year, he made 36.6 passes per game in Serie A, McKennie has made 25.7 passes per game this season and Matuidi made 29.5 passes per game last season. People remember the Tottenham game where he made like 7 passes and make generalisations based on that. Normally Khedira was more involved in the build-up than the likes of McKennie and Matuidi.
Lol we both know direction of passes matters. Also Mckennie hasnt completed a season. Matuidi also shouldered more defensive responsibility. You playing up Khediras role my man. If he was that useful he'd have got tick.

Jun 6, 2015
Lol we both know direction of passes matters. Also Mckennie hasnt completed a season. Matuidi also shouldered more defensive responsibility. You playing up Khediras role my man. If he was that useful he'd have got tick.
So we're moving the goal posts now then? Just out of curiosity how do the directions of Sami's passes compare to Matuidi's and McKennie's? This is all besides my initial point anyways, I was just illustrating that not being heavily involved in the build up does not equal to one being lazy.

Also he has played for Real and Juventus, plus he was a regular starter for Germany for years, I'd say that many top coaches thought he was pretty useful.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
So we're moving the goal posts now then? Just out of curiosity how do the directions of Sami's passes compare to Matuidi's and McKennie's? This is all besides my initial point anyways, I was just illustrating that not being heavily involved in the build up does not equal to one being lazy.

Also he has played for Real and Juventus, plus he was a regular starter for Germany for years, I'd say that many top coaches thought he was pretty useful.
Yeah I said he wasn't lazy just massively ineffective and you pointing to passes completed doesn't indicate one way or another. Just like you conveniently threw our a game where my man completed 7 passes over 90 minutes. That's an hour and a half of being on the pitch. Lol idk how many ways u can slice it. He lost is legs and was ineffective is my point. And we probably can and Id be open to comparing their forward passes. Considering Mckennie is actually rated for his forward passing, thats why he's having success. He's passing accuracy is lower but he attempts more line breaking passes. I wish Khedira the best but his best days are behind him. I wont shed a tear over his departure and yall shouldn't either

Jun 6, 2015
Yeah I said he wasn't lazy just massively ineffective and you pointing to passes completed doesn't indicate one way or another. Just like you conveniently threw our a game where my man completed 7 passes over 90 minutes. That's an hour and a half of being on the pitch. Lol idk how many ways u can slice it. He lost is legs and was ineffective is my point. And we probably can and Id be open to comparing their forward passes. Considering Mckennie is actually rated for his forward passing, thats why he's having success. He's passing accuracy is lower but he attempts more line breaking passes. I wish Khedira the best but his best days are behind him. I wont shed a tear over his departure and yall shouldn't either
I'm not throwing anything away but as I said that Tottenham game was an anomaly. It's simplistic to use that game to paint a picture of Sami as a player. Pjanic led our team with 29 completed passes in that game, we barely had the ball after the first 15-20 minutes. Also Sami played 66 minutes, get your facts right :p.

Clearly it's time to move on, he hasn't played for a year now. I don't think anyone on here thinks we should still keep him. I'm simply pointing out that he isn't some scrub people here seem to think he is, he was a really useful player for us for the three seasons he stayed somewhat fit.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)