Sami Khedira - Mid- Real Madrid(freebie) (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Only if Allan became a regular at Juve. In which case we wouldn't be selling him any way.

Plus in 5 Years time Ronaldo will probably be worth less than Coman. Doesn't mean anything. It's about what you get in the years you actually own the player. And Khedira could succeed here.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Ultimately yes but still i doubt allan would come knowing he would be nothing more than a rotational player
Majority of those who want Khedira say how we need another player on that position and how he'd get many, many minutes without a doubt.

But when it comes to Allan it means sitting on bench 24/7 for some reason :D

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Only if Allan became a regular at Juve. In which case we wouldn't be selling him any way.

Plus in 5 Years time Ronaldo will probably be worth less than Coman. Doesn't mean anything. It's about what you get in the years you actually own the player. And Khedira could succeed here.
With that kind of thinking the club would never be sucsessful in the long run. Juve does not have the finance to not think about sell on value. Khedira is a gamble, and will be a burden financially if he doesnt recover his old form. Allan is young and no question about his health.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Lol

Khedira a financial burden. A player who's highly rated, a regular for the best NT in the World and not so long ago a Madrid regular would be a financial burden coming here for free + 7-8m gross.

Yet Allan who's had 1 good season at Udinese would put us on the guaranteed path to eternal glory. Yeah, no.

I actually prefer Allan, but the arguments against Khedira are ridiculous. You can't say on one hand that Khedira is a huge risk and pretend that Allan would be coming here on the back of 5 great seasons. He's a relative nobody. There is no near 100% guarantees in football. Unless you want to blow 70M on a World class forward.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Quote from Khedira, probably posted before but it's relevant now.

“I did have a small injury, a pain in my right heel, but that wasn’t why I wasn’t playing,” Khedira said. “It wasn’t a complicated injury, I was able to play.

“I’ve always felt that I’ve had the coach’s backing, but the message indirectly came through to me that I was no longer needed, I was frozen out and wouldn’t have a chance to continue playing. It’s not the end that I wanted. It hurts that I’m accused of a lack of professionalism because I’ve always put the team ahead of myself. I’ve always gone with the truth.”

Jul 20, 2012
Lol

Khedira a financial burden. A player who's highly rated, a regular for the best NT in the World and not so long ago a Madrid regular would be a financial burden coming here for free + 7-8m gross.

Yet Allan who's had 1 good season at Udinese would put us on the guaranteed path to eternal glory. Yeah, no.

I actually prefer Allan, but the arguments against Khedira are ridiculous. You can't say on one hand that Khedira is a huge risk and pretend that Allan would be coming here on the back of 5 great seasons. He's a relative nobody. There is no near 100% guarantees in football. Unless you want to blow 70M on a World class forward.
this

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Lol, like such a massive player would only get 7-8m gross. Less than llorente...

You have to question why such a great player is not getting a new contract at madrid, and why you think we will get him on such relative low wages and no sign on fee, if he was no risk...

I never said anything about allan beeing a garrantee, but potentially he is , imo, the better option.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
If you want to talk about why he's not getting a new contract at Madrid, I suggest you look at some of their outgoing transfers in the last decade or so.

They're fucking idiots, I'll take you back to 2010, their 2 disposed rejects were on opposite sides of the CL finalists. Sneijder and Robben.

A player they couldn't guarantee any starts just helped us dump them out of the Semi final. Basing judgements on players on what Madrid do with them is pointless. If this was about other clubs i'd agree with your logic. Not with Madrid.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Considering reals team, and success the recent years, they are not idiots. They buy and sell alot of players, but thats how they operate. Sure gets everybodys attention, hypes players and sell shirts. You might not like it, but you cant question their ability to market their brand. Of course ex madrid players are gonna be successful at other clubs, bc the sell some great players, cant have 40 players in the squad either.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I never said their business model is stupid, their decisions are.

Give a genius £5,000,000 to spend every Summer, and an idiot a blank cheque book, and the idiot will build a better team.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
A lot of people seem against khedira , but I am personally excited . He is a great player and I hope we close this deal as soon as possible .

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013

Give a genius £5,000,000 to spend every Summer, and an idiot a blank cheque book, and the idiot will build a better team.
not really because the idiot is an idiot so he'll buy matri for 12m whilst the genius buys pogba for nothing. :beppe:

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011

I dont think thats a fair comparison. Madrid has made some great sales in recent times. Higuain and the big eared wing, probably covered the cost of bale. And with publicity and shirt sales, probably a smashing success. There are plenty of teams with as much money as madrid with alot less success, so its not only about money either. They won cl last year, so how are their decitions shit? Bc of snijder,robben? How are they doing now?

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015
Lol

This. Remember the great Isla? I think Isla showed more promise than Allan in one season, and look how he turned out. Real Madrid he said?

There are risks in every transfers.

Khedira is a made product. A world champion, CL winner, but he is risky with injuries.

Allan on the other hand, has potential, an unknown ceiling. We don't know how he will turn out. Heck, he could even be much better than Khedira in the future. Or He will be as good as Isla. We don't know. That's a risk as well.

Whoever Marotta chooses (one of these two or other players), I think he knows what he's doing, as can be seen from his decisions in the last couple of seasons (with Isla and Lucio as exceptions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)