Salas and Di Vaio (3 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yep they lead our complacency list. However it's happened before that players who've seriously underperformed have taken a long time to get going. Prime example would be Claudio Lopez, he's just started scoring this term. With Salas and Di Vaio we have a similar problem. Last year we were reportedly "in crisis" due to a lack of options. Alex and Trez played every game, Amo and Zala were ready to step in but not too reliable. Salas was injured. Right now we have two big name replacements for Ale-Trez and it's not working out. We might as well have Sculli-Miccoli, cut down on the wage bill that way and possibly improve our results.

Now before you throw it in my face, the few Salas fans around here, I know we waited a long time for Alex. But like it or not that was a special case and I don't think that would happen even with Zidane. Moreover, in Ale's case you could try and justify it by the success he built in past years at the club. Salas and Di Viao are both new and we can't afford to wait.

So. We can bench them now, give them a game or two when it doesn't matter much. In the meantime we play Ale-Trez (hopefully back to fitness very soon) or get a new forward to cover for the French bomber (ie. Miccoli, Mutu etc). That way our two underperformers can use all the time they need to start playing like their wage would suggest they should.

Or sell them right now. One or both. Doesn't really matter which one, none is doing well and at their best they're evenly matched I guess. Selling one we'd have to get someone else, could be a player like Miccoli and bet on him to succeed instead. Or we can sell both and sign another big name like Mutu in addition.

It's a gamble either way. Mutu is talented but not all that experienced at the top level. Obviously you would expect quite a bit from him but when a guy like Di Vaio fails to flatter, how can you be certain about Mutu? Miccoli is good but this is his first spell in Serie A, last year he was playing in B with Ternana. And even less dependable from the point of view of a skeptic is Sculli, he's completely new to it all.

Any brilliant ideas? :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
after seeing the game today i just want di vaio gone fast, preferably in january, or we could jst let him go right now. i don't want him here.

and martin, you closed my thread, arghhhh... :fero::D

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
Di vaio should stay. May be we should give Salas more chances. Di Vaio has started almost all the games this season. so it should be Salas' turn now.

where are you Trez:wallbang::wallbang::wallbang:

Sh@d0w

Dec 7, 2002
Di vaio is a good player, he just need to show us what he really can do... the goals he scored this season wasnt the hardest ones... he need to practise on his shots i think.

Salas which is a great player havnt got the chanse to show us what he can do... perhaps they should let him play instead of Zalayeta.
I think when Salas gets his chanse he wont blew it...

But really, i dont want any of them at the moment... i want our Trezegol to be in team... :(

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sh@d0w ] ++
Di vaio is a good player, he just need to show us what he really can do... the goals he scored this season wasnt the hardest ones... he need to practise on his shots i think.

Salas which is a great player havnt got the chanse to show us what he can do... perhaps they should let him play instead of Zalayeta.
I think when Salas gets his chanse he wont blew it...

But really, i dont want any of them at the moment... i want our Trezegol to be in team... :(

????????????????????

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Jesus H. Christ!!!

One day we're saying DV is as good as or even better than Trez, another day we're trying to sell him.

I think if Nedved can supply the attackers without Ale's help, then we can sell Salas.

Zala is pretty reliable, and young. I feel he's our next Amoruso- a great, and reliable sub.

DV- give him some time and space. Dont sell him.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
DV had a terrible game against brescia and the goals he previously scored were goals any normal striker could score!
i would go with the idea of selling salas for cash!
Di Vaio should probably stay and be given more time to adapt to juve's game!!!

concerning what martin said i would like to see Miccoli wearing the Juve jersey. i saw many of his games with perugia and he impressed me! he can do it wearing the juve shirt! concerning buying Mutu i wouldn't agree with that he is doing well with parma but i don't think he can do the same with juve

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
think when Salas gets his chanse he wont blew it

Well Salas did get his chances and he did blow them...

I say sell Salas, and give Di Vaio some time... bring Micolli and put Trez in the starting line up

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++

I say sell Salas, and give Di Vaio some time... bring Micolli and put Trez in the starting line up
after watching yesterdays game i doubt that all di vaio needs is time. if a players seems a bit lost and out of position you give him time. if a player misses an open goal 3,5 metres from the goal i say sell him,

++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++

Well Salas did get his chances and he did blow them...
exactly. it seems pretty clear that he out, i doubt that he'll be here in february.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

after watching yesterdays game i doubt that all di vaio needs is time. if a players seems a bit lost and out of position you give him time. if a player misses an open goal 3,5 metres from the goal i say sell him,

exactly. it seems pretty clear that he out, i doubt that he'll be here in february.

Tottaly agree.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Keep DV and Zalayetta.
but i still see Trez as #2.
I like Zala as a 5th Stricker because he's not good enough to complain on the bench, yet he is useful enough as a sub (not like Amoruso or Esnaider)
As for DV. I liked him a lot at Parma. I saw a lot in him. I think he needs more time. i have no problem with giving him time because he still young and most likely not reached his peak yet. Unlike Salas.
There are two other players that i would have preferred for juve to buy instead DV who are in his price/age catagory. Adriano and Kallon.
Mutu seems to me like a player who will fade easily. dont ask why. The same reason i prefer Mido to Kezman.

back to out players:

I dont want Salas. I know he is a good player, but i've never liked him. Even when he was in River. I think he's a half-assed poor excuse for the Zamorano throne.

I like youn players:
Sculli
Brighi
Miccoli
All these players are displaying top-class football.
They are amongst the best in their respective teams.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

How about Batistuta....? :rolleyes:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
The team trained this morning at Comunale: light work for the players who faced Brescia yesterday, apart from Marco Di Vaio, who did a normal training session.
juventus.com

:LOL: They finally realized that he needs extra training :LOL:

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
The team trained this morning at Comunale: light work for the players who faced Brescia yesterday, apart from Marco Di Vaio, who did a normal training session.
juventus.com

:LOL: They finally realized that he needs extra training :LOL:
give the poor kid a break! he did decent almost everywhere except serie a. give him time....

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
okay now that the rage after the brescia game is over and my hate to Di Vaio for missing easy chances has faded away i would like to give Di Vaio a chance! i know he played as a starter in most serie A games but he still needs time to get into a good understanding with his team mates!

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Well to start with we have no option here since Treze is still not fit and Zala is not good enough. So, we're left of with Salas and Di Vaio. Personally, I think Di Vaio is a class or two above the Chilean. He was great at Parma last season and looked sharp against Juve in the Supercup. It's true that he is missing easy chances and probably costing us precious points, but I think we should be patient with him. Nesta is having a torrid time at Milan, looked like an amatuer defender at times, but I don't hear any Milanisti complaining. Di Vaio scored 4 goals in 5 Champions League matches, which means he has the potential to do good. The only thing that is missing is confidence, once he bags in a goal or two, im sure he'll get back to himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)