Salas and Di Vaio (1 Viewer)

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
DV is young. Lets not loss him too soon. He has good feet and good shots. We all know these from his days at Parma. But as long as Trez is there and not overly out of form, i think we should relegate him to the bench. This might have the added effect of inspiring to work harder. If he doesnt and brings disharmony like Inzaghi, then of course the only option will be to sell him.

He slow reaction and wrong runs more than anything else is the cause of his terrible form this season. He should take a lesson or 2 from Crespo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++
Definitely DV.

Given his team starts this season, he's had more chances than the rest of the 2nd-string strikers put together. Yet after almost half the season gone, he's still absolute crap in the footballing sense even in the rare occasions that he does score.

His team contribution is zero on/off the ball even after all this while ... a total liability.

Also, Salas is about just a year or so older than DV so age/talent isn't the issue.

I don't care if he has all the pace in the world ... Juve didn't pay 26mil Euros for a sprinter just to run offside. The worst part of his game is his total apparent disinterest - he doesn't even bother to appear to try!

If only anyone has the sitters-conversion ratio on this chap, argh!
tottally agree

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
get rid of salas and di vaio , bring miccoli and sculli back

that will solve the attack problem

get rid of baiocco and bring maresca and brighi bach

that will solve our mid problem ( we need d'lessandro too )

sell fresi and bring tudor back to defence

that will solve our defene problem

this is my intention to do in january if i was in charge !!

slack

Dec 13, 2002
Oh, thanks for the stats Oded!

Btw, forgot to say hi to all :D

Looking forward to discuss some Juve stuff with all of you ...

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++
Oh, thanks for the stats Oded!

Btw, forgot to say hi to all :D

Looking forward to discuss some Juve stuff with all of you ...
no problem.

enjoy it here!

they can't bring tudor back to defence while he's still injred!
when he will be ready again, he has preference over fresi for sure

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
get rid of salas and di vaio , bring miccoli and sculli back

that will solve the attack problem

get rid of baiocco and bring maresca and brighi bach

that will solve our mid problem ( we need d'lessandro too )

that will solve our defene problem

this is my intention to do in january if i was in charge !!

thanx God you are not in charge!

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Being somewhat patient I want DV & Salas to be thrown into the Coppa Italia. Let them find their feet there and only if this results in non-performance then other alternatives can be looked into.
Why do I say this? Because there is plenty of raw talent in both these players. Salas at his best is an exciting, hard working and visionary striker and let's hope he gets there soon. DV is a fighter who not only creates for himself but scores beautiful goals too. I say we wait till the end of this season.
As for Miccoli & Sculli it's not time yet for them to dorn the Juve shirt. They still need the experience.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Yep they lead our complacency list. However it's happened before that players who've seriously underperformed have taken a long time to get going. Prime example would be Claudio Lopez, he's just started scoring this term. With Salas and Di Vaio we have a similar problem. Last year we were reportedly "in crisis" due to a lack of options. Alex and Trez played every game, Amo and Zala were ready to step in but not too reliable. Salas was injured. Right now we have two big name replacements for Ale-Trez and it's not working out. We might as well have Sculli-Miccoli, cut down on the wage bill that way and possibly improve our results.

Now before you throw it in my face, the few Salas fans around here, I know we waited a long time for Alex. But like it or not that was a special case and I don't think that would happen even with Zidane. Moreover, in Ale's case you could try and justify it by the success he built in past years at the club. Salas and Di Viao are both new and we can't afford to wait.

So. We can bench them now, give them a game or two when it doesn't matter much. In the meantime we play Ale-Trez (hopefully back to fitness very soon) or get a new forward to cover for the French bomber (ie. Miccoli, Mutu etc). That way our two underperformers can use all the time they need to start playing like their wage would suggest they should.

Or sell them right now. One or both. Doesn't really matter which one, none is doing well and at their best they're evenly matched I guess. Selling one we'd have to get someone else, could be a player like Miccoli and bet on him to succeed instead. Or we can sell both and sign another big name like Mutu in addition.

It's a gamble either way. Mutu is talented but not all that experienced at the top level. Obviously you would expect quite a bit from him but when a guy like Di Vaio fails to flatter, how can you be certain about Mutu? Miccoli is good but this is his first spell in Serie A, last year he was playing in B with Ternana. And even less dependable from the point of view of a skeptic is Sculli, he's completely new to it all.

Any brilliant ideas? :D

DEVAIO WITH ONE LEG IS BETTER THAN SALAS
MAYBE HE HAD SOME BAD GAMES BUT HE HAS A LOT OF POTENTIAL
TO DO BETTER NOT LIKE SALS HE SUCKS

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
It seems quite strange to me that both Salas and Di Vaio suck. Salas was a star at River and Lazio and showed that he's(was?) a quality player, while Di Vaio has been a big talent since 2000 or even before and scored 15 goals fo Parma last season. So they are great players. But why don't they show it on the pitch? Salas was injured all last season, so I understand it's difficult for him to recover to the player he once was. He's recovering very slowly though. As for Di Vaio, he's new so maybe he hasn't adapted yet. But is that a good enough explenation? After all, he has had 6 months to adapt and still don't show any signs of improvement.

The fact remains: they both still suck. Di Vaio seems to be somewhat better but he's far from good. Even Zalayeta, our unknown backup striker who only plays in Coppa(rarely in Serie A or CL) seems to be better than El Matador. So maybe we have big names in attack but as long as Trez will stay injured we have a crisis up front. Del Piero has been our only reliable striker who often scores, but he can't win every game by him self. He needs a scoring partner, like Trez.

So what do we do? I think we should either sell one of them and buy someone new, or be patient and hope for improvent. We could also recall some loans, like Miccoli or Sculli. What is the best thing to do I have no idea, but one thing is certain: if we don't improve our problems up front very soon we will get much less competitive and can't count on any big achievements.

Let's pray Moggi will come up with something...:rolleyes:;)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Di Vaio would be back. I saw and many interviews of him, and he is modest, honest and hard working player. A player with Juve mentality. Also he is pacy, which can't be said of Alex or Trezeguet.
I think techniqually he needs some refining, also he has tendency to whack at the goal rather than place it. Those kinds of thing can be eliminated from his game. Besides, I think he is on loan, so if he doesn't improve, we can also send him back to Parma. ;)
And maybe buy Adriano in return. :D: Of course, if Parma is that stupid.
Overall though, Di Vaio have proven himself to be a good goalscorer who has pace and power. That is good enough for me.:)
Salas is different question. There is no doubt about his ability. He can score, as he showed as a River player, and his dribbling ability is often underrated. The problem with Salas is his is not only lacking in confidence but also his attitude seems to be all wrong. Complaining, arrogant, ignorant, and so forth. He doesn't seem to have personality to turn things around. Loan in January with view to the permanent deal seems best solution for Juve.

Jul 12, 2002
Alright people, a decision needs to be made: Should Di Vaio go, or should Salas go? We don't need to send one of them away, but we don't need to send both away. I'd say send Di Vaio back, Miccoli is pretty much the same player, but younger and better.

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
Alright people, a decision needs to be made: Should Di Vaio go, or should Salas go? We don't need to send one of them away, but we don't need to send both away. I'd say send Di Vaio back, Miccoli is pretty much the same player, but younger and better.
I hope you're jocking... DV in Parma was perfect! Dribbling, speed, aggresion, shoot, passes - he can do anything. Now he has some problems - he just did fit Juve yet. Let's wait. Remember Nedved and his perfomances in first half of last season.
And Salas - I agree to sell him, if we'll buy someone instread if him. Mutu for example (I'm really becoming his fan :)))

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
No Way would Di vaio be Sold as it is Just half a season and didn't impress he should be given more time. and he already scored 6 goals for Juve while Salas .........you all know so Sell that fat useless ***** Salas even for free or loan Him and get a better striker who can score goals.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuVe!! ] ++
No Way would Di vaio be Sold as it is Just half a season and didn't impress he should be given more time. and he already scored 6 goals for Juve while Salas .........you all know so Sell that fat useless ***** Salas even for free or loan Him and get a better striker who can score goals.
Salas has been given even less chance than Di Vaio, how can you use that reasoning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)