Salas and Di Vaio (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
after watching yesterdays game i doubt that all di vaio needs is time. if a players seems a bit lost and out of position you give him time. if a player misses an open goal 3,5 metres from the goal i say sell him,
Right, so you would sell Batistuta of three years ago? I saw him do that three times in a single game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
Right, so you would sell Batistuta of three years ago? I saw him do that three times in a single game.
to me that is different, cause batistuta has always shown what he's worth. he's incredible if he plays good. i have seen nothing good from di vaio. three years ago everybody knew what he was capable of. di vaio on the other hand has done nothing for us. i've seen him play three games, he has been absolute rubbish in all of them. if di vaio had played good a few times then played crap i could have accepted that.
that's why i am a little more patient toward salas, as i seen him play great before his injury, and i know that if he finds his from he will be spectacular.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Actually DPF, Nesta may have a torrid time, but he's in the top-10 list of best defenders in the CL

And my question is if u can give Ale so much of time, why cant u give DV time. Yeah i know....Ale is ale and all that. But on the pitch what counts is performance.

And performance we need. DV needs time and confidence. Im sure he's not feeling good knwing that now Trez is back he's gonna be benched.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #27
    ++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++
    And my question is if u can give Ale so much of time, why cant u give DV time. Yeah i know....Ale is ale and all that. But on the pitch what counts is performance.
    Read the first post ;)

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Di Vaio is going to be great, so there is no need to even think about replacing him.

Salas is taking a long time to come around, and I wonder if he will ever be like the Salas of Lazio fame. But I think we are o.k. if we sit tight on transfers until the end of the season. If Salas does not produce by June, then sell him. We have a ready-made superstar in Miccoli out on loan. He is going to be huge.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    i say sell di vaio,keep salas.firstly to get back brighi,and secondly while di vaio would fetch back most of his original transfer fee,salas would fetch practically nothing.thirdly while we need someone in ale's mould(salas)di vaio would be unnecessary as we have both zala and trez.we can then get someone more all rounded eg. mutu.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    first of all, hey pad!! long time no see! hows NC??

second: alex, i tried to read it, but it was too long- ADD :down:

Paranoia, u make many interesting points. points that nobody's mentioned. points that I feel make the most sense of all the posts in this thread.

we need a sub for ale, most definitely. we have a sub for trez- zala, and now dv.

we need salas. i want to see him get to his real form- as pad said-the Salas of Lazio fame. i think he's a great player whos unsettled because of the lack of confidence placed in him.

he's not been allowed to even play a couple full games in a row. i'd say give him that chance.

when we're 2 goals ahead, or more, sub him on sometime to give him a chance to work his mind and his feet a bit.

Im really hoping for him to play. i feel he'll do good as a wide forward.

IMO Zala is a good hardworking player- he's also just 23.

personally i dont want mutu if we have salas.

there is really no good sub for ale unfortunately :down:
    its a davids case.

DV- dont sell him, he's great. I can see him partner trez in a 3-pronged attack.

i can also see salas partner ale behind trez.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Laresca, NC is fine! I will see you in New Jersey for Juventus vs. Manchester United on July 31. It seems that you are saying that Juve should not sell anybody, and I certainly agree with that. We don't have to make any moves in January. However, with the financial situation being what it is today, I would back a sale of Salas (since he has not been too productive) and bringing home Miccoli.

I was very happy when Juve purchased Salas last year, but that knee injury robbed him of at least one year :down:

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++

there is really no good sub for ale unfortunately :down:

i can also see salas partner ale behind trez.
    i think miccoli can make a good sub for alex

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    Hope to see u there pad.... actually me and matt were discussing all the juve fans in the us getting together after the game and going for a ......(im underage ;))

it wont be easy finding a pad, a matt, and an ian in 75,000 people...

slack

Dec 13, 2002
    Definitely DV.

Given his team starts this season, he's had more chances than the rest of the 2nd-string strikers put together. Yet after almost half the season gone, he's still absolute crap in the footballing sense even in the rare occasions that he does score.

His team contribution is zero on/off the ball even after all this while ... a total liability.

Also, Salas is about just a year or so older than DV so age/talent isn't the issue.

I don't care if he has all the pace in the world ... Juve didn't pay 26mil Euros for a sprinter just to run offside. The worst part of his game is his total apparent disinterest - he doesn't even bother to appear to try!

If only anyone has the sitters-conversion ratio on this chap, argh!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    i agree with slack. di vaio definetly screw up this season. he played a lot more than salas (most of you hate him, don't know why!) and scored just on four matches. he can do better but in the meanwhile i'm very disappointed from him. and don't forget he cost us double than salas!

salas goals this season (without pre-season):

Serie A: Juventus - Udinese. 1-0
    CL: Dynamo Kiev - Juventus 1-2
    Coppa: Reggina - Juventus 0-1 penalty

di vaio goals this season (with juve!):

CL: Juventus - Dynamo Kiev 1-0 3-0. two headers
    Juventus - Feyenoord 1-0 2-0.
    Serie A: Juventus - Milan 1-0
    Torino - Juventus 2-0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)