Sabotage-Domenech knows what he is doing (7 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
1) England
2) Germany
3) France
4) Algeria
5) Australia
6) USA

I don't really hate the US team; in fact, I barely dislike them. They have really come of age lately, and I am impressed by their physicality and improved level of tactical awareness, which has invariably led to better performances. However, I can't really bring myself to like them. As for the other 5 on that list, I strongly dislike the first 4, with Australia being more in the category of not really hated but not much liked either.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What has that got to do with anything Seven?
Andy's always talking about a "connection" when it comes to supporting a football team, but in reality there's no such thing. If we're going to measure if people are "real" fans or not, I wouldn't consider Andy a Juventus fan. He has never seen the city they're from and has never seen a league game inside the stadium. I mean, if we are going to judge here, I say I am a much better Juventino than him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
1) England
2) Germany
3) France
4) Algeria
5) Australia
6) USA

I don't really hate the US team; in fact, I barely dislike them. They have really come of age lately, and I am impressed by their physicality and improved level of tactical awareness, which has invariably led to better performances. However, I can't really bring myself to like them. As for the other 5 on that list, I strongly dislike the first 4, with Australia being more in the category of not really hated but not much liked either.
Yet you say you love all the other American athletes. Weird.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Andy's always talking about a "connection" when it comes to supporting a football team, but in reality there's no such thing. If we're going to measure if people are "real" fans or not, I wouldn't consider Andy a Juventus fan. He has never seen the city they're from and has never seen a league game inside the stadium. I mean, if we are going to judge here, I say I am a much better Juventino than him.
I just made a post about this very subject in the other thread. Like i said over there, clubs do not represent the cities they are located in. Think of them as multinational corporations, who still says that Nestle are Swiss or that Toyota are Japanese.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
"I'm a bigger Juve fan than you" argument is lame.
Not my argument at all, Dusan ;). I say there is no such thing. I say you're a Juventus fan if you say you're a Juventu fan.

I just made a post about this very subject in the other thread. Like i said over there, clubs do not represent the cities they are located in. Think of them as multinational corporations, who still says that Nestle are Swiss or that Toyota are Japanese.
Fred,

it's not like that in Italy. In Italy they do represent the cities they are located in. Very much so actually.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I saw a documentary about Armstrong a couple of days ago. He actually seems a pretty cool guy when they let him say what he has to say. I never liked him before, but I think he has been treated pretty unfairly by the European media.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Good list. But I'd say Italy goes number one, just like all their faux fans aspire to be.
Without any doubt their faux fans make a strong argument to dislikeing them more than other.

Manshaft fan are you Jack? :D
I always admired the work ethics that the Germans have when playing for their national team but I am not a supporter of any national team. I like some teams for some of their players, for cultural reasons or for situational reasons.

The last World Cup I wanted Holland to win it because I was going to be in Amsterdam during the final and it would have been a great feeling to see how the Dutch would have celebrated.

I am always in favour of the African teams doing well because I like the culture they have and I think they are there for representation unlike other teams who are there for winning, even if it has to be diving to save your ass.

Teams that upset the Azzurri fake fans are always fun to side with especially if that team is USA, it makes the fun ten times better.

You don't like Argentina?
Should I? Only Higuain is a player I like in their team, so why would I like them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)