[SA] Napoli 5-1 Juventus [January 13th, 2023] 2:45 PM EaSTern (+6ish) (16 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
It's funny because if you watch the Inter win v Napoli, Inter literally played the dreaded Allegriball. They sat deep, absorbed Napoli's attacks and pressure. 37% possession, 1 shot on target. Napoli danced around a lot in Inter's half but had very little to do but shoot from range.
Apart from the rough tackling and fouls which the referee allowed for inter players.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
⛔️ Pogba
⛔️ Kaio Jorge
⛔️ Bonucci
⛔️ De Sciglio
⛔️ Cuadrado
⛔️ Vlahovic
Bremer
[Romeo Agresti]

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Is this the first time were gonna see Rabiot- Loca- and Fagioli together? Seems like that should be the midfield until Pogba returns.

edit: defo not the first time, but you know what i mean

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Starting Mckennie over Chiesa. If Max does that. :lol:
You know he will...

- - - Updated - - -

If Chiesa doesnt have a full game in him, maybe its not so bad to get him on around 55 or 60 minutes. Too bad the alternative is so underwhelming though, Id seriously consider the next gen alternatives.
Who do we have besides Chiesa and McK who can also play on the right?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
You know the only reason mckennie is starting is because Allegri is terrified of Kvara. But McKennie is gonna be shit anyway and Chiesa will have to come on. Like I get Chiesa not starting if he doesnt have 60+ minutes in his legs right now, but how about starting an actual wingback at the position?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If Chiesa doesnt have a full game in him, maybe its not so bad to get him on around 55 or 60 minutes. Too bad the alternative is so underwhelming though, Id seriously consider the next gen alternatives.
I mean @DanielSz knows better, I seem to recall him saying we have some fairly highly rated young FBs/WBs in the next Gen.

I’d rather we start the game well with Chiesa and sub him off @ min 50-60. That way we can have both Chiesa and Di Maria on the pitch together and actually create some good chances.

I fear we’re looking at another hang on for dear life for the first half and then try to nab a goal late.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I mean @DanielSz I seem to recall him saying we have some fairly highly rated young FBs/WBs in the next Gen.
Theres one and hes been good every time hes gotten minutes. Feels like another situation where hes not gonna get a shot in a real game unless Allegri has no other options; so pretty much the same way Fagioli, Miretti, Iling and all the young guys got "introduced" by mister.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
It's not about McK vs Chiesa. He can't play there anyway. Left side is the main attacking side for Napoli, no chance I want him defending and covering an entire flank vs Rui and Kvara. He wouldn't touch the ball and would be exhausted in 30 minutes

- - - Updated - - -

mondo1

May 14, 2006
It's not about McK vs Chiesa. He can't play there anyway. Left side is the main attacking side for Napoli, no chance I want him defending and covering an entire flank vs Rui and Kvara. He wouldn't touch the ball and would be exhausted in 30 minutes

- - - Updated - - -

Damn these memories
Miss so many of these players

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Then play a 4-3-3 with Chiesa and Di Maria on either side of Milik. It’s really not that hard. Use Danilo as a FB to defend that side.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Then play a 4-3-3 with Chiesa and Di Maria on either side of Milik. It’s really not that hard. Use Danilo as a FB to defend that side.
It is that hard because then you have Rugani or Gatti shitting themselves vs Osimhen and Sandro at FB where he can't play anymore.

Sandro can probably survive there for some games, but until we sign either a new CB or a new RB this is the only formation that makes sense.

Not to mention it would be especially risky making such a drastic change during this run in a big game like this.

Jun 16, 2020
It is that hard because then you have Rugani or Gatti shitting themselves vs Osimhen and Sandro at FB where he can't play anymore.

Sandro can probably survive there for some games, but until we sign either a new CB or a new RB this is the only formation that makes sense.

Not to mention it would be especially risky making such a drastic change during this run in a big game like this.
Yeah wouldn’t change our defence at this moment, keep the momentum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)