[SA] Napoli 5-1 Juventus [January 13th, 2023] 2:45 PM EaSTern (+6ish) (2 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There's something shitty/borderline lucky on a lot of the goals but imagine getting three strong tackles in and not coming away with the ball, they wanted it more.

Also think the WC came at a really bad time for us, the signs were there with Cremonese as well. I think us having so many WC players has also played a part in this (by contrast they had very few), bit of a perfect storm, but overall this was a really shit day at the office. Disgrace really.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
There's something shitty/borderline lucky on a lot of the goals but imagine getting three strong tackles in and not coming away with the ball, they wanted it more.

Also think the WC came at a really bad time for us, the signs were there with Cremonese as well. I think us having so many WC players has also played a part in this (by contrast they had very few), bit of a perfect storm, but overall this was a really shit day at the office. Disgrace really.
It’s a badge to have so many WC players and winners at your club.
:agnelli:

Plus, the tournament affected everyone. Let’s not compartmentalize it just to Jj. That’s exactly what Agnelli did with Covid and finances. Like Jj was the only club impacted by either.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

Definitely but we just were set up wrong from the get go and only once we shipped 2 did Max change things. He's become so reactive and rarely proactive which was a feature of his earlier years with us. Their front 3 was always going to cause our back 3 problems. Chiesa being asked to run the whole wing and same for Kostic was a terrible choice. I would've preferred to play a back 4 at least on counters we probably would've had 4 back instead it was always 3 v 3

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
You don't think we've been in much deeper shit in the past and came out perfectly fine?

We've had many bad seasons, spells but things can turn around quickly if you are (still) the most powerful club backed by one of the richest families in the country.
I haven't been in tune with daily Juve like most here but what I see is not being able to spend like RM, Barca, PSG, BM, and now unfortunately more than just a few EPL clubs with their TV deals etc etc. Look at the below articles about the financial discrepancy.

MILAN, Oct 19 (Reuters) - Italy's Serie A sees scope to triple its international broadcasting revenue by 2030 in the face of sluggish growth at home, an internal document shows, reflecting its desire to narrow the financial gap on rival European soccer leagues.
Serie A secured only around 670 million euros ($657 million) from the sale of overseas TV rights in the 2021-2024 period, a ninth of the sum earned abroad by England's Premier League, the world's most lucrative domestic soccer competition.

La Gazzetta dello Sport outline the precise way television rights were divided up between Serie A clubs during the 2021-22 campaign and suddenly it becomes clear.
The top-earning Italian club picked up €84.2m in revenue from television rights this season, followed by Juventus on €77.9m and Milan €77.8m.
Napoli came in fourth on €68.5m and Roma completed the top five by earning €64.1m.
In comparison, the club that finished bottom of the Premier League in the same season pocketed €105m from television rights alone.

In the 2020/2021 season, FC Barcelona topped the television rights ranking with approximately 165 million euros. Real Madrid ranked second, with its television right income amounting to 163 million euros during the same season. The Spanish men’s football league, La Liga, is a major event broadcast both in Spain and globally to reach all football fans around the world.

I wanted Max gone when he left because of having CR7 for more exciting 3-2 wins than 1-0 hold on ones. Max showing presently (my take?) has been successful getting wins with this kindly putting it subpar ball controlling midfield but might never get Juve to exciting offensive football? Look us dumb Americans want to see goals and I can't get across to friends to appreciate it without plenty of scoring..

And always wondering why Juve can't get a packed house at home? Watching a Southhampton-Everton now on USA network and place looks packed. Two of the worst EPL clubs too. I could be completely wrong but appears we will have little luck in non-Italian stars staying in Turin. Right now it's bad place to be as a successful CL participant along with receiving a contract less than elsewhere.
:jflag:

ladstone

Oct 31, 2011
The team won’t improve if allegri keeps Rabiot and WMK in the midfield. We needs more ideas and techniques in the midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Disagree, well it hurted more but at least that team achieved something.
It achieved another loss in CL final. Bringing the total to 6. Zoom in and it’s 3 years, 2 finals, 7 goals conceded.

There are levels to this. Losing to Napoli to gain ground in trash league in another trash szn and losing CL final are not the same.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
️ #Panucci talking about the current situation of #Juve:

"I didn't expect a 5-1, #Napoli are strong, they played a great game and are deservedly ahead of everyone in the league. A night full of mistakes, for 8 games #Juventus were prefect. Those who play football know that there could be a game like this one. The important thing is to stop thinking about it. As mister Capello used to say it's better to lose by 5 in one game than lose 5 games by 1-0. They have the potential to get out of this"

[@averagejuventinoguy]

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
On paper it's not the end of the world, I think that's what Allegri is talking with the team about now. It's a long season and three lost points away to Napoli isn't the end. We can this salvage this and save a CL spot.
I am however glad I stopped watching when 3-1 came. Napoli deserve the title this year if they keep going as they have. We deserve mid-table at best based on our performances.
I am loosing touch with this team more and more. Management (former at least) loosing touch with reality. Very few players I have any affect towards. If a new director steps in and sells everyone but Chiesa, Miretti, and Fagioli, I'll think "that's silly" but not much feelings would be hurt. I don't dislike the rest but...
Hope we can hang onto that CL spot but it's a long season and we've relied on sitting games out for lady luck to smile upon us. Except the results and some stabilization, and we are comparing with utter chaos, it's not much else working for us. We had decent minutes against Napoli where we looked OK but it felt like it had more to do with Napoli resting in defense than our doing.
Maybe in the final game of the season we will be able to play a full 90 min with consistency and no f ups.
Really looking forward to next season. Who are we changing Allegri with? What profile? Will we make room for the kids?
Agree, I also practically don't give a shit anymore. Just bother to watch the goals afterwards, when the result is a win. Don't care for the players, club is bland as fuck, coach is unbearable.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree, I also practically don't give a shit anymore. Just bother to watch the goals afterwards, when the result is a win. Don't care for the players, club is bland as fuck, coach is unbearable.
Btw: this loss actually is reminiscent of the past seasons of the club. It was long due, as results were not consistent with the performance. When it came, we fell hard.

For 3 or 4 years, the football played was terrible on the eyes. When the winning went away, we had nothing left. I really blame Allegri's mentality, among other stuff, for ruining this club's appeal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)