Russian Thread (9 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
[QUOTE='Juventino[RUS]We rappers is role models: we rap, we don't think[/QUOTE]

Tell us something we don't already know.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
олдскул ля )) децл нерно курид
:numnum:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Just do it at the regular machines, Bisco. You're a foreigner, they'll understand. :p
:D sadly it doesn't work with every one here :D as of the 14th of novemeber a new fine system has been introduced regarding smoking in public area's, god forbid you r caught the police really doesn't give a rat's ass regarding you being a russian or foreigner at the end of the conversation you either pay 1000 rubes ( depending on where you were caught!! god forbid you dont notice you were smoking near a kids park zone you pay a lovely 3k fine) or you ride a long with them to the police station where you pay more than just the 1000 rubes. the idea is actually nice and all but like with many things russians tend to find a way to fuck it up. i have no objections on the ban, however its left up to luck and guesses as to where is allowed to smoke. not to the mention the police really find this to be a good way to get comissions at work and so its really feels like smoking drugs and not a cig these days. you have to have eyes in the back of your head just in case. i've read the law in an english speaking journal as my russian is not that advance but according to the artice smoking is prohibited at bus stops ( doh obvious!!) metro entrances, parks, universities, schools, and governmental institutes. however you r allowed to smoke 15 m from bus stops and metro entrances. which in my opinion just leaves a tiny loop... for example i would've appreciated if they posted no smoke signs at bus stops, and actually allocated area's for the smokers to stand in, but in stead its left for guessing and your eye sight to detect a police car or officer. the past two days i've been observing people and it feels like they are soo paranoid its just hilarious watching this go on. they plan to extend the ban to cafe's and restaurants. russians smoke, and boy do they love smoking soo much so i can imagine how pissed off they are and i dont blame them however i'd appreciate it a lot of the law is clear to ensure fairness.

- - - Updated - - -

here are photos i toke the past month, some are from trips i had with my class in the preparatory faculty :)

Attachments

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Russia :disagree:

So people are allowed to smoke inside a restaurant, but not outside if they are 14 meters from a bus stop? My goodness, that sounds retarded. This anti smoking policy (not just in Russia, but in general) is just getting way too much, and I don't even smoke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)