Russia - Ukraine Conflict 2022 (37 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
Because the west engaging in a full scale war in the times of nuclear energy is too dangerous maybe. The moment other countries help Ukraine, it could escalate anytime from chemical warfare to anything even worse. Thats probably why they don't risk it and will go for economic sanctions, the West has gotten soft. Russia has all the leverage considering this. Just my opinion.
I doubt that a full scale war is in the interests of the EU. We shouldn’t forget that the war in the Middle-East resulted in a big migration crisis and terrorist attacks here. The invasions are seen as a big fail.

A war with Russia would probably result in more disastrous situations, we’d have problems on the EU border from left to right, protecting a non-NATO state.

The obvious option is a proxy war, providing weapons etc to Ukraine and rebel groups + some sanctions, but as known the energy transition is way to slow and we’re depended on Russian gas.

I dare to say that without the war in the Middle-East, the UK would still be part of the union. A big war on this continent is probably the last thing our leaders want. Even if we are technologically superior to the Russians.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Because the west engaging in a full scale war in the times of nuclear energy is too dangerous maybe. The moment other countries help Ukraine, it could escalate anytime from chemical warfare to anything even worse. Thats probably why they don't risk it and will go for economic sanctions, the West has gotten soft. Russia has all the leverage considering this. Just my opinion.
Yup, Ukraine will be offered as a sacrifice lamb for the good of the West. It will serve the West to buy more time and replan how they handle Russia.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
A lot of wealthy Russians have assets outside of Russia, I don't think many Westerners have any assets over there so Europe could easily freeze them, cut off their money streams. You can deal with other countries to cut Russia out and bring their economy down. No doubt there are those looking to buddy up with Russia so that when this dies down, they want the best trade deals. Saving face, cutting deals, choosing sides is more important than the civilians. Expecting superpowers like USA to help is unrealistic, they have nothing to gain by getting involved same as all other nations.

Jun 16, 2020
Not explicitly mentioned in the video but I imagine it would be a PR disaster for Germany in the event that any “lethal aid” ended up in the arms of Azov Battalion (that has/will see combat with Russian forces in the east). Note I’m not implying Azov is representative of majority of the Ukrainian forces or vast majority of Ukranian people. Of course Germany have had zero issues for example selling billions in arms to nations like UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Egypt etc. that are all backing the Saudi led slaughter in Yemen, but western nations have a tendency to pick and choose their moral grounds to best suit their economic/geopolitical interests.
Morally, the West isn’t any better than all the others. We might act like that but certainly isn’t so.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
A lot of wealthy Russians have assets outside of Russia, I don't think many Westerners have any assets over there so Europe could easily freeze them, cut off their money streams. You can deal with other countries to cut Russia out and bring their economy down. No doubt there are those looking to buddy up with Russia so that when this dies down, they want the best trade deals. Saving face, cutting deals, choosing sides is more important than the civilians. Expecting superpowers like USA to help is unrealistic, they have nothing to gain by getting involved same as all other nations.
A lot of Russian political elite have assets and family in the west. Sanctioning those is the best option.

EDIT: all of them, I'm sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Morally, the West isn’t any better than all the others. We might act like that but certainly isn’t so.
It is better when it comes to their own populations.

A human life is valuable in the West; only Putin's life is valuable in Russia. When some people blame the West for being soft, they should think about this aspect first.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Yup, Ukraine will be offered as a sacrifice lamb for the good of the West. It will serve the West to buy more time and replan how they handle Russia.
Shit, declare us a Night Watch for all I care and we'll do this job far better than Jon fucking Snow, just sell us weapons.

Sentimental update. The older I get the more I like original LotR movies. I need to buy a Rohirrim flag, will take it to our position if it happens

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Clinton fucked everyone.

Extending NATO was stoopid. But kind of silly to first blame stuff 25 years ago. That’s like blaming Moggi for why CR7 left the club.

I bet a lot of people don’t realize that Ukrainians are the second biggest foreign immigrant population in Portugal after Brazil.

And as far as tweets go, this is my favorite thus far:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
That's absolutely not true. Maybe in terms of foreign policy it is, but the main difference is in how countries treat their own population, and from that perspective the West is far superior to the rest of the world without question.

- - - Updated - - -

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
That's absolutely not true. Maybe in terms of foreign policy it is, but the main difference is in how countries treat their own population, and from that perspective the West is far superior to the rest of the world without question.

- - - Updated - - -
Yeah, this auto flagellation is getting boring. Idk what causes it. Is the West ideal? Obviously not. Is it better than other sides of the world? Obviously yes.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010

They will do whatever they want with Ukraine and none of the countries will oppose. Sooner or later the NS2 will happen too, because EU market cant afford for it to wont happen (actually German market).
The question is which country is next unfortunately.
Also once China sees Russia can do what they want expect them to abuse the international rules too.

I also dont think any particular country or leader is here to blame - Russia would never let Ukraine join NATO, because they see this countries as their influence zone. And since their are not in NATO none of the countries will help them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)