Russia - Ukraine Conflict 2022 (18 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #65
    Just spoke with a former co-worker of mine who has a wife from Ukraine. She has a bunch of family and friends still there.

"overwhelming sentiment from the Ukrainians that I know is that Putin will not go through with it, even though he is a piece of shit. They are a tough people, if he goes through with it there will be a LOT of young Russians in body bags or returning from war fucked up forever."

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
    I can't imagine the younger Russians would be cool with seeing videos of Ukrainians being killed, or the families of Russian soldiers having dead loved ones in a large scale war in Ukraine. So even if he's a total dictator, he's risking a shit ton.

If he actually ends up going through with this, he's out of his mind on a legacy rampage.
    Putins rating went massively up in 2015 after Crimea. I dont think Russia as a nation function the way you think they do.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    Putins rating went massively up in 2015 after Crimea. I dont think Russia as a nation function the way you think they do.
    that invasion was widely supported by the russians. i read that this current supposed invasion is something that only the minority of people support. but when it comes to russia, very few news can be verified.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
    that invasion was widely supported by the russians. i read that this current supposed invasion is something that only the minority of people support. but when it comes to russia, very few news can be verified.
    yeah, I won’t bet on that. Don’t forget, Russians think they’ve never invaded any country in history. I am not shitting you, that’s official Kremlin spokespersons words. So it’s all about framing the correct message. “Invading Ukraine” yeah I see how they can be against it, but you add a lot of self victimization + sprinkle some historic mission to this message and Russians would jump on opportunity.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #73
    I guess they don't. Are the Russians going to be OK with Putin crashing the stock market and Ruble just to fear-monger Ukraine and not do anything at all?

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
    Looks like it's about to go down. "Republics" "asked" for recognition. Very soon it would be clear what's next – minor invasion or full-scale war.
    Anyway, fuck Russians, fuck cunts who support them, fuck Sarri and Forza Juve! Btw, CR7 fuck him too, never liked the guy.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #75
    I'm just waiting for Putin to blow up some of his people on a subway to make it all OK, unless Macron can convince him not to do it.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
    I'm just waiting for Putin to blow up some of his people on a subway to make it all OK, unless Macron can convince him not to do it.
    French presidential election is less than 2 months away, this is his chance to be the hero and to send the polls soaring. You bet he's gonna give everything he's got to convince him otherwise.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
    What do they win? Political instability and potentially allow Russia to extend its influence.

I'd be very surprised if they deploy troops. Plus them and France are obviously trying to resolve the issue diplomatically. Probably won't succeed.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #78
    French presidential election is less than 2 months away, this is his chance to be the hero and to send the polls soaring. You bet he's gonna give everything he's got to convince him otherwise.
    Macron is like those wannabe heroes in various thriller movies, they make him seem like a really good guy who will stop the bad guys, then he ends up getting hit by a bus or something. He won't change shit.

- - - Updated - - -

What do they win? Political instability and potentially allow Russia to extend its influence.

I'd be very surprised if they deploy troops. Plus them and France are obviously trying to resolve the issue diplomatically. Probably won't succeed.
    It would have to get pretty bad for them to agree sending actual troops to fight Russia in Europe. I don't see it happening even if they take Kyiv.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014

They win a new war to exploit. Selling weapons, new allies, winning political points for the democrats, media attention (which brings billions), also selling natural gas to Europe after the embargo vs Russia.

Russia wins very little in case of war actually. Two small provinces that doesn't bring much value and any new territory will bring tons of Ukrainian resistance for decades. I'll admit that Putin is a total numbskull retarded madman if he invades Ukraine.

If there is a war it will be a huuuuuuuge win for the military-industrial complex. The whole of Europe will start buying weapons, tons of weapons will be sold to Ukraine.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #80
    They win a new war to exploit. Selling weapons, new allies, winning political points for the democrats, media attention (which brings billions), also selling natural gas to Europe after the embargo vs Russia.

Russia wins very little in case of war actually. Two small provinces that doesn't bring much value and any new territory will bring tons of Ukrainian resistance for decades. I'll admit that Putin is a total numbskull retarded madman if he invades Ukraine.

If there is a war it will be a huuuuuuuge win for the military-industrial complex. The whole of Europe will start buying weapons, tons of weapons will be sold to Ukraine.
    Biden hates natural gas drilling. He would rather sell Europe on renewables garbage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)