Russia - Ukraine Conflict 2022 (35 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2004
Part of the problem with taking him out is he's acting like Hitler at the end of the war. He's, allegedly, sitting in his bunker below the Kremlin with his closest allies. There is no one close to him who disagrees with his policies, let alone would kill him or even think of attempting to. He's been in the office of Presidential power since 1997 when he started under Yeltsin. He's an old-school KGB guy. He's been in a position to hand-pick every single person around him for thirty plus years. That's also what makes him so dangerous as you tend to get more narrow-minded when you appoint people around you who don't have differing views/opinions.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I know some of my colleagues are struggling to help torture victims and that the mental cost is high for them. They've helped in many worn torn places but the face to face violence and torture from the Russians towards civilians is too much.
So horrible.

But I must confess I first mistook "torture" in "torture victims" as a verb rather than as an adjective. :eek:

Part of the problem with taking him out is he's acting like Hitler at the end of the war. He's, allegedly, sitting in his bunker below the Kremlin with his closest allies. There is no one close to him who disagrees with his policies, let alone would kill him or even think of attempting to. He's been in the office of Presidential power since 1997 when he started under Yeltsin. He's an old-school KGB guy. He's been in a position to hand-pick every single person around him for thirty plus years. That's also what makes him so dangerous as you tend to get more narrow-minded when you appoint people around you who don't have differing views/opinions.
That and the usual problem as we've seen with Iraq, Libya, or even Tito. Take out the autocrat, and a whole different kind of hell can take his place in the power struggles that follow.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
In trying to be overly objective the author loses his way, only Russia is constantly escalating and only Russia has brought up the possibility of nuclear weapons. Every day that goes by putins power diminishes. I was confident a year ago none of his generals would follow along with any suicidal action, i am more so today. Power is a mix of fear and hope, and putin is less scary and offers less prospects by the day. Russia was always a problem that needed to be dealt with. A missed opportunity after the fall of the USSR, but this is as good a time as any. Now comes the very important and imo only valid question, at what cost? Seems like europe is going all in, the US is committed now but could very well change tune with a republican white house. I brought it up before here but trump getting elected again might be the way out for putin. For 2 reasons, the first is trump is not scared to meet face to face and assert himself, and 2 it offers a way for putin to save face by suing for peace with the non globohomo "good" half of America.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yeah you lost me at the Trump being good for this situation part.

Trump's comments have been all over the map since this started from praising Putin to threatening nuclear. He doesn't have any coherent policy that I've seen he just shoots from the hip per the latest headline

If anything Trump is likely to give in to deranged DC warhawks and profiteers the second he sees it as personally beneficial in the immediate short term

"Globo homo"? For real?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
In trying to be overly objective the author loses his way, only Russia is constantly escalating and only Russia has brought up the possibility of nuclear weapons. Every day that goes by putins power diminishes. I was confident a year ago none of his generals would follow along with any suicidal action, i am more so today. Power is a mix of fear and hope, and putin is less scary and offers less prospects by the day. Russia was always a problem that needed to be dealt with. A missed opportunity after the fall of the USSR, but this is as good a time as any. Now comes the very important and imo only valid question, at what cost? Seems like europe is going all in, the US is committed now but could very well change tune with a republican white house. ...
perfectly put so far

the ending though... trump isn't the solution for anything, he's just a lunatic on a leash (latter being the us democracy)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yeah you lost me at the Trump being good for this situation part.

Trump's comments have been all over the map since this started from praising Putin to threatening nuclear. He doesn't have any coherent policy that I've seen he just shoots from the hip per the latest headline
It's not so much what trump is but more what he represents. Trump on paper is anti EU and anti nato, that gives putin a platform to not lose face with his people if he de-escalates. Trump is also not scared to do away with foreign policy protocols and just go meet face to face with putin which imo will be good for russian propaganda.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
perfectly put so far

the ending though... trump isn't the solution for anything, he's just a lunatic on a leash (latter being the us democracy)
Unless his dogs end up biting him, you gotta give putin a way out. It's always been us foreign policy to play off changing interests in a certain situation with the excuse of political parties. And the degree of contempt trump elicits in the west makes him perfect for suing for peace with the pesky ruskis imho

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It's not so much what trump is but more what he represents. Trump on paper is anti EU and anti nato, that gives putin a platform to not lose face with his people if he de-escalates. Trump is also not scared to do away with foreign policy protocols and just go meet face to face with putin which imo will be good for russian propaganda.
I still don't get your point here. So Putin will just turn course and walk away with nothing (after a failed war, 10s of thousands dead, humiliation on epic scale and economic devastation) but that will be ok because Trump is not representative of "globo homo" and has previously made comments about other nations shouldering more of the financial NATO burden ? Didn't Trump compare the Russian invasion to the Holocaust?

Maybe Putin views Trump as less globally aggressive than establishment Washington, maybe the war would not have happened as it did if Trump has been re-elected but how far does that kick the can down the road? 4 years? You said yourself it's time to "deal with" Russia but I don't understand what Russia, long term, gets out of that situation and I don't buy that the perception of trump counts for much, at least not anymore after Russia has lost so much

Btw I agree that Putin needs an off ramp, some way to save face domestically, and back off from going all in I just don't see Trump as useful or competent. I've always thought it was psychotic that us govt officials evenr mentioned regime change in russia

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Unless his dogs end up biting him, you gotta give putin a way out. It's always been us foreign policy to play off changing interests in a certain situation with the excuse of political parties. And the degree of contempt trump elicits in the west makes him perfect for suing for peace with the pesky ruskis imho
doesn't murica have a clear policy on negotiating with terrorists though

and i doubt that the us will want to play by putin's rules. for him the only way out of this is either being shot or end the war as a victorious leader. if anyone (including trump) agrees to give any land to russia then it will just encourage the next putin to attack other countries. zero tolerance is the only way.

i still hope that common sense prevails and a rare brave russian does it for the country. just one bullet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)