Russia - Ukraine Conflict 2022 (92 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I think there’s a 5 in 6 chance that Max Tegmark is an absolute fucking moron.

- - - Updated - - -

With all due respect, we went from “Putin would never invade Ukraine” to “Putin would never invade despite the 50k troops on the border” to “Ok they invaded” so anything is possible at this point.
US intelligence had been saying for quite some time that Russia was planning to invade.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I don’t think that matters. He didn’t really have anything to gain by taking over Donbass. If you listen to his speeches this is about creating a new era where Russia rises in importance against the west. So to me this is more ideological, which to me signals anything can be on the table.
True, but then what happens afterwards? There would be no allies for them, no one to even be neutral, they'd be ending themselves. The invasion was expected to be a quick victory by many in the East and West, but there is really no benefit to them deploying nuclear weapons.

And as above, the threat of using one is at times more powerful than actually using one.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
This nuclear war thing is just a stupid idea, and it’s almost exclusively being pushed by Russia shills.
Also, like Kopanja said, it’s funny how this ‘threat’ is emerging now that Russia is on the brink of a humiliating defeat.
Appeasing the oppressor because they have nukes is the worst diplomatic strategy. Should South Korea give in to North Korea because they have nukes? Or Taiwan and Japan give in to China?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
True, but then what happens afterwards? There would be no allies for them, no one to even be neutral, they'd be ending themselves. The invasion was expected to be a quick victory by many in the East and West, but there is really no benefit to them deploying nuclear weapons.

And as above, the threat of using one is at times more powerful than actually using one.
You basically have to give Russia whatever they want cause they might nuke stuff.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7,107

I can’t predict what he will do. I’m just going off of the context from his speeches where his intentions are seemingly far greater than taking over Ukraine (no offense). There’s so many variables at play here, including a coup which better go off without a hitch, that I find it odd people would just dismiss the threat outright like it could never happen.

- - - Updated - - -

This nuclear war thing is just a stupid idea, and it’s almost exclusively being pushed by Russia shills.
    Also, like Kopanja said, it’s funny how this ‘threat’ is emerging now that Russia is on the brink of a humiliating defeat.
    Appeasing the oppressor because they have nukes is the worst diplomatic strategy. Should South Korea give in to North Korea because they have nukes? Or Taiwan and Japan give in to China?
    Is Biden a Russian shill?

I don’t look at things in the lens of shill vs. non-shill. But it is weird how everything is tied to being pro-Russian or pro-Ukraine, sort of like a left-right paradigm we see in this silly country of ours.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Even if the odds of a nuclear situation are less than 1% that's still serious because of the potential consequences.

Did anyone want the cuban missile crisis? Would anyone have benefited from it becoming a nuclear war? No but it still happened to due a series of reckless escalations from individuals who were determined not to be intimidated. It actually was a hair away from being a nuclear war. The US government had plans for how it would continue with more than 60% of the population killed...This isn't science fiction

Is Putin using this to saber rattle, try to frighten the west? Of course but reckless escalation lack of open communication is dangerous. Anyone who thinks this isn't a serious situation and has a cavalier attitude towards this type of escalation is either naive or insane

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
    May 3, 2012
    I think there’s a 5 in 6 chance that Max Tegmark is an absolute fucking moron.

- - - Updated - - -

US intelligence had been saying for quite some time that Russia was planning to invade.
    Moron? Probably not.
    Interest in sucking Musk’s balls? Probably yes.
    From Mr. Tegmark’s Wikipedia page:
    “He is also a scientific director at the Foundational Questions Institute, a supporter of the effective altruism movement, and has received research grants from Elon Musk to investigate existential risk from advanced artificial intelligence.”

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
    I'm very surprised that opportunists haven't taken Putin out from within because even if you were pro-war, this would be the best time to remove Putin and change things up in Russia. This guy has been in power for too long and is at his weakest moment. I would've thought Putin is seen as a failure from both pro and anti-war sides.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
    I'm very surprised that opportunists haven't taken Putin out from within because even if you were pro-war, this would be the best time to remove Putin and change things up in Russia. This guy has been in power for too long and is at his weakest moment. I would've thought Putin is seen as a failure from both pro and anti-war sides.
    Lol, which one is that? There is a pro-war side and a pro-genocide side, and little putin is dangling between them - small, ugly, and useless like balls of Russian men.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
    Lol, which one is that? There is a pro-war side and a pro-genocide side, and little putin is dangling between them - small, ugly, and useless like balls of Russian men.
    My point is that removing him is feasible now more than ever which would stop the invasion for now, but his successor might be more competent and thus, more dangerous.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
    My point is that removing him is feasible now more than ever which would stop the invasion for now, but his successor might be more competent and thus, more dangerous.
    They can't. We won't stop now. All they can do is terrorize civilians, throw more bodies in a meatgrinder and pray for a change of hearts in the US. That is why I expect sooner or later, there will be some terror attacks against russian civilians, some Ukrainians around to blame after a swift and decisive investigation, and an outcry from tankies, fashs and other useful idiots on the West.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    They can't. We won't stop now. All they can do is terrorize civilians, throw more bodies in a meatgrinder and pray for a change of hearts in the US. That is why I expect sooner or later, there will be some terror attacks against russian civilians, some Ukrainians around to blame after a swift and decisive investigation, and an outcry from tankies, fashs and other useful idiots on the West.
    Nah you don't need a terrorist attack for that, go a few pages back even here and we can see the retardation that is always present among some.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
    Nah you don't need a terrorist attack for that, go a few pages back even here and we can see the retardation that is always present among some.
    Yeah, but we are on a football forum, we are not supposed to be the brightest bunch here ))
    But I expect all these meisherhaimers, chumpsky, retarded libertarians and tankies unite in one human centipede and create even more noise via all possible channels – from reddit and tuz to cucker carlson and joe rogan retarded experience.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
    I know some of my colleagues are struggling to help torture victims and that the mental cost is high for them. They've helped in many worn torn places but the face to face violence and torture from the Russians towards civilians is too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)