Russia - Ukraine Conflict 2022 (50 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2004
I was kind of talking about borders being drawn, Israel was drawn from nowhere by the US, primarily, after WW2. The Middle East has been mostly unchanged since WW1. That's kind of the gist of what I was saying. These guys are acting like every country became a country in Europe after WW2 when 1991-1996 was more influential than WW2.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I was kind of talking about borders being drawn, Israel was drawn from nowhere by the US, primarily, after WW2. The Middle East has been mostly unchanged since WW1. That's kind of the gist of what I was saying. These guys are acting like every country became a country in Europe after WW2 when 1991-1996 was more influential than WW2.
Exclude Yugoslavia out of it. It was federation of republics. Republics borders were established during and after the WW2, by an antifascist comitee. With dissolution of Yugoslavia, republics declared independance based on already defined borders by said comitee.

Apr 12, 2004
I'm sure that's true with Soviet Republics, too. Yugoslavia shouldn't be excluded. It appeared as a single unit, just like the Soviet Union. That's the point of the Union. I wouldn't say the US is 50 separate republics, even though each state has a constitution. Same with Czechoslovakia.

1665102955675.png

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
US and Europe, apples and oranges. We are talking about former Yugoslav republic that had their governance, institutions, police, army, were independant at some point or part of other kindoms at some other times for thousands of years before willingly joining Yugoslavia. As Ive said previously their final borders were established during the WWII. Their borders werent drawn up in 91/92.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I'm sure that's true with Soviet Republics, too. Yugoslavia shouldn't be excluded. It appeared as a single unit, just like the Soviet Union. That's the point of the Union. I wouldn't say the US is 50 separate republics, even though each state has a constitution. Same with Czechoslovakia.

1665102955675.png
If Hitler had conquered Europe in WW2, would you see Europe as a big Union as well?

The 50 years between the WW2 and fall of Soviet Republic is nothing compared to the history of the region.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Borders were not established after WWII save for dirty, dumb Israel, and Germany, for the most part. The Middle East is England's fault after WW 1 when they arbitrarily drew borders still causing issues today, and most of the Soviet Satellite nations weren't drawn or voted on until after 1991. The pink satellite countries split a little later (Yugoslavia).

1665077477769.png
oh boy....

Apr 12, 2004
US and Europe, apples and oranges. We are talking about former Yugoslav republic that had their governance, institutions, police, army, were independant at some point or part of other kindoms at some other times for thousands of years before willingly joining Yugoslavia. As Ive said previously their final borders were established during the WWII. Their borders werent drawn up in 91/92.
Right, I agree with you. I understand there are regions of Kurds in the Middle East, but there isn't a Kurdistan on the map. If we are strictly talking about international borders, as that's the only thing I've been talking about, then you would include what's written on a damn international map. That's literally all I'm saying. I'm not saying Serbs and Bosniaks and Albanians and Muslims and cats and dogs are the same at all. Hell, I'm not even saying they should have been together in the first place. All I am saying, is at one point in time, all of those places were together on a map, showing their international border as a whole as a country called Yugoslavia.

If Hitler had conquered Europe in WW2, would you see Europe as a big Union as well?

The 50 years between the WW2 and fall of Soviet Republic is nothing compared to the history of the region.
Yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 46)