Russia - Ukraine Conflict 2022 (68 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Funny how Musk’s negotiation tactic is to leave it all to Russia to decide what will happen.
I never backed Musk's solutions just said wars end through negotation so unless you think Ukraine is going to march all the way and take the Kremlin then you have to plan for when would be the most advantageous time for yourself to do the negotiationg

With the recent successes Ukraine has had isn't now the time to do it? The time when you will get the most concessions out of Putin? Some factors to consider imo are that Putin, right now, is on the cusp of going in balls deep and probably wants an off ramp. He is ordering that mobilization of 300,000 largely untrained, unfit men to go straight into the meat grinder. Loads will die and it could prove catastrophic to his domestic popularity ala how the Afghanistan conflict was costly for the Soviet Union in the face of its public.

There are also the growing rumors of them nuking the frontline. If they nuke any part of Ukraine they will become even more of an international pariah then they are. Surely even the last few major nations that tolerate them (india, china) would turn them backs on Russia if nukes were involved. Do you really think Putin actually wants to proceed forward with the mobilization and the nukes?

That he wouldn't gladly take an off ramp and give major concessions to ukraine to do so?

Sure Ukraine would probably have to give up Crimea but this could also be an opportunity to end this conflict before the death toll rises from 5 figures to 6 or even 7.

If the war continues on from this point there is the very real possibility that the costs could get exponentially worse and I don't think Saagar Enjeti is wrong for pointing that out

Another thing to consider is how dependent the Ukraine effort is upon the American taxpayer and so one must consider the state of America now and in the near future. Not NATO as a whole, but the United States.

Midterm elections are a month away with a very real chance that right wing populists will soon have much more power in the country and the country is potentially on the brink of a major recession. How much longer will Ukraine be receiving 10s of billions of dollars in aid from the US taxpayer?

Last edited:

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Elon says dumb shit again and his fanboys all over social media are trying to rationalize it. Idk why a grown-ass person would go out of his way to do it if there is no monetary reward included.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Elon says dumb shit again and his fanboys all over social media are trying to rationalize it. Idk why a grown-ass person would go out of his way to do it if there is no monetary reward included.
He’s an attention seeking narcissist. He tried to make the Thailand cave rescue all about himself. I’m sorry for bringing him into this conversation, I would like nothing more than for him to shut up, but it was all over the news.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I never backed Musk's solutions just said wars end through negotation so unless you think Ukraine is going to march all the way and take the Kremlin then you have to plan for when would be the most advantageous time for yourself to do the negotiationg

With the recent successes Ukraine has had isn't now the time to do it? The time when you will get the most concessions out of Putin? Some factors to consider imo are that Putin, right now, is on the cusp of going in balls deep and probably wants an off ramp. He is ordering that mobilization of 300,000 largely untrained, unfit men to go straight into the meat grinder. Loads will die and it could prove catastrophic to his domestic popularity ala how the Afghanistan conflict was costly for the Soviet Union in the face of its public.

There are also the growing rumors of them nuking the frontline. If they nuke any part of Ukraine they will become even more of an international pariah then they are. Surely even the last few major nations that tolerate them (india, china) would turn them backs on Russia if nukes were involved. Do you really think Putin actually wants to proceed forward with the mobilization and the nukes?

That he wouldn't gladly take an off ramp and give major concessions to ukraine to do so?

Sure Ukraine would probably have to give up Crimea but this could also be an opportunity to end this conflict before the death toll rises from 5 figures to 6 or even 7.

If the war continues on from this point there is the very real possibility that the costs could get exponentially worse and I don't think Saagar Enjeti is wrong for pointing that out

Another thing to consider is how dependent the Ukraine effort is upon the American taxpayer and so one must consider the state of America now and in the near future. Not NATO as a whole, but the United States.

Midterm elections are a month away with a very real chance that right wing populists will soon have much more power in the country and the country is potentially on the brink of a major recession. How much longer will Ukraine be receiving 10s of billions of dollars in aid from the US taxpayer?
the question is WHY? Why in the hell should Ukraine consider giving up even an inch of their internationally (including Russia itself) recognized territory? It would mean just postponing the future conflict, freezing it, not ending.

The answer is they should not. The war ends with Ukrainian Crimea.

Russians can go fuck themselves. If those hundreds of thousands fleeing the war to other countries went into the Red Square instead, Putinism would already be over. Cowardly fucks!

Last edited:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
With the recent successes Ukraine has had isn't now the time to do it?

No, because that makes Putin look bad. And Ukraine still don't have their entire territory back.

I think the only way out of this mess is for Putin to be assassinated (which is going to happen sooner rather than later imo).

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Global economy will indeed collapse and it's going to happen first slowly and then fast paced in the next 4-8 months. So I can only advise people stock food up and prepare for inflation to eat our wages. Chances of that not hapenning are 0.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
the question is WHY? Why in the hell should Ukraine consider giving up even an inch of their internationally (including Russia itself) recognized territory? It would mean just postponing the future conflict, freezing it, not ending.

The answer is they should not. The war ends with Ukrainian Crimea.

Russians can go fuck themselves. If those hundreds of thousands fleeing the war to other countries went into the Red Square instead, Putinism would already be over. Cowardly fucks!
I mean I just gave reasons you don't have to agree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)