Ruben Olivera (3 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

John no offens, but i can't belive what im seeing in your formation LEGGO omg, how can u still have faith in him! he really should stop playing football..!! sorry but he really really SUCKS!!!

great formation btw...! hope to see cannavaro in it!
better legro than montero or ferrara.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Too early to say anything. He could become another O'Neill, Baiocco or Camo... I hope he wont tho.
IMO he looks better than those, except for Camo. Man, I had such big hopes about that guy a while ago.. and I actually I still have if he would just be a little consistent.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
after last night match against milan i think Olivera has booked his position in the team for the rest of this season
he is a great player

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Juventus attacker Ruben Olivera has thanked coach Fabio Capello for handing him a lifeline in Turin.

The Uruguayan struggled to establish himself under former boss Marcello Lippi and spent the second half of last season on loan at Atletico Madrid.

But, following Capello's appointment as coach, Olivera has been given the chance to stake a claim for a prominent role in the side.

He featured strongly in pre-season and also in the UEFA Champions League qualifier against Swedish side Djurgardens.

Capello has deployed Olivera on the left wing and he admits he is grateful to have the opportunity at Stadio Delle Alpi.

"I've the coach's and my team-mates' faith and this helps me to give more day by day," Olivera told Corriere dello Sport.

"My chance has arrived and I want to take advantage of it.

"With Lippi, I had problems finding a place so last year in Madrid, it was a season lost.

"With Capello, I talk a lot and he only asks me to have good training sessions and to follow his suggestions.

"I've never played on the left wing . Undoubtedly, it's more difficult but I thought I would have many problems, instead match-by-match I found faith."
Isn't Olivera playing on the right every match so far :rolleyes:.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

Isn't Olivera playing on the right every match so far :rolleyes:.
yeah, im thinking it was all in italian and whoever has translated it has got mixed up with left and right.

he has played on the right in most games but can easily be switched to the left if needed. thats the beauty of having olivera and nedved on the wings, both can swap if need be.

Alex

May 1, 2004
Milan 0-1 Juve (olivera)

Wholly shit how long has it been since Juve discovered a a young talent!!! Keep it up Olivera.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by toughjuve ] ++
Olivera seem to replace Camonaresi ~~
Fantastic, maybe it'll be a kick up the ass for Camo and he'll start playing better; that way we have two good players battling it out for a role on the right flank

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
I am grateful to Fabio Capello for giving a chnace to Olivera. I think is the best acquisition for the coming season.

Xziz

.AB.

Mafioso
Jul 15, 2002
Can Oli Play in the center, as a Attacking Midfielder?

If he can, then we can dploy this formation.

.......................... Buffon...........................

Zebina.... Cannavaro.....Thuram........ Zambrota

..............................Emerson.............................

Camoranesi...................................Nedved......

...............................Olivera..............................

........... Trezeguet........... Del Piero..........

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
olivera is a playmaker by trade. but i think starting him off on the right is good to ease him into serie A a little more.

as for Camoranesi...he is in real trouble. the days of playing 1 in 5 decent games and still starting week in week out have gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)