Ruben Olivera (1 Viewer)

qcfabio

Apr 5, 2004
from GOAL.com
Ruben Olivera is being praised by a football legend in the like of van Basten !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really enjoy hearing this !!!

Van Basten Likes The New Juve
9/17/2004 12:23:00 PM
Capello’s former player and now living legend Marco Van Basten has praised ‘Don Fabio’s’ new Juventus.
“Juve have started with the right step, and have a great Nedved. They do seem a bit slow, but Capello will put things back into order,” he said.

Van Basten then commented on former Ajax, now Juve striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

“Ibra shouldn’t be judged for how he played against against Ajax. It was a special night for him. He has great qualities, even though he doesn’t score a lot,” he said.

Van Basten also revealed the player that surprised him most on Wednesday.

“Oliveira has great personality, I was impressed.”

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
He is praised by Van Basten and other several respected coaches and above all he is praised by our main man Capello this means he is good and would be a vital part of juve this season.

I don't think anybody praised Zalashita :yuck: even when he scored in Camp Nou

Geof

May 14, 2004
I'm happy to see Olivera playing in our main squad.

We had so many deceiving South-americans like Esnaider, Zalayeta,... who turned out to be nothing.

I really thought Olivera wouldn't make it to the first squad, and there he is, with a bright future in front of him!!

Forza Ruben!

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #127
    well at one point it did seem ruben's talent was destined for anonymity,but i'm glad capello picked him out of the heap and into the limelight:)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Ruban Olivera could turn out to be a decent player, and I wouldn't say he will never be good enough for Juventus. Anything can happen. This past season he had a few good performances that included some goals, however against Liverpool and several other matches he was just horrible. Perhaps he wasn't ready for that type of pressure, but one things for sure he is not ready to play regulary for Juventus, as seen last season. Hopefully Capello will work with Olivera and work some magic into him; confidence, extra ball work, better decision making skills...whatever. If he is not any better at the end of this season ship him out.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Olivera scored some time-critical goals for us last season. But he really has to work on the discipline thing. I double-checked, and last season his card rate was the worst among all the major European leagues.

Dec 26, 2004
    Simply he is not good enough to wear a black and white jersey...
    "I bring ya The hottest talent in south America"
    One of the funniest comments of Moggi ever, cuz Oliviera is not even the hottest talent in the street that he lived when he was a kid in Urguay....

sutnevuJ

Aug 6, 2005
    The kid just needs a chance.

He has the natural talent, and when it shines, its there for all to see.
    All he needs to work on is his mental skills. Once a good coach teaches him the ropes of the game at the highest levels, than you'll see.
    Lets hope that coach is capello. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)