Roy Keane's next club - Celtic (2 Viewers)

Geof

May 14, 2004
I put some on Celtic, some on retirement and some on non-european.

I heard al-Ittihad are willing to offer him a mountain of money to play for them. could work.

I don't really see Juve signing him. He's free ok, but he's not someone you can bench that easily. He would require to play, and I don't see Capello replacing Vieira or Emo by Roy.
he would be more trouble than value

btw, I think he'll play for Celtic so he can finish his carreer in his home country.

Just joking Mik.... :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Nah, I think he said he'd never play for any english club other than united. It's most likely Celtic, I'm 95% sure.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Roy Keane's prospects of moving to Real Madrid may be hampered by the Spanish club's decision to sack manager Wanderley Luxemburgo.

Real were believed to be in pole position to sign the 34-year-old former Manchester United midfielder.

Keane had reportedly been discussing a potential 18-month deal and further talks were due to take place this week.

But on Sunday Luxemburgo became the fifth Real manager in two-and-a-half years to be dismissed.

Three Premiership clubs are reported to still be pursuing the 34-year-old and Bolton's Sam Allardyce remains keen.

"Unless Roy wants to up sticks with his family and move away from the area, we are perfect for him," the Trotters boss told BBC Radio Five Live.

Everton boss David Moyes held talks with the former Republic of Ireland captain on Friday and a London club are said to have made a late attempt to bring the former Old Trafford skipper south.

Keane - a Celtic fan - has said in the past that he would like to end his career at Celtic Park but chairman Brian Quinn has expressed his concern about the level of his wages.

Real appeared his most likely destination, despite Keane's initial concern about commuting from his Cheshire home.

Last week Keane's lawyer Michael Kennedy declined to comment on reports he had been in Madrid holding talks with a view to a move to La Liga.

It would be a very good bit of business by Moyes if he could persuade Keane to go to Everton
From MS
Have your say on 606

However, he did say Keane, who cannot sign a deal until 1 January, has been keeping fit since leaving Old Trafford and will be ready to make a return to action in the new year.

MOVING ABROAD

Real Madrid have been in talks with Keane's adviser Michael Kennedy but, according to Spanish newspaper Marca, Real are only prepared to offer a short-term deal.

Italian sides Juventus and Roma were both said to be interested in bringing Keane to Serie A.

However a Juventus spokesman said: "Juventus is very strong right now and we do not need any more players."

And Roma sporting director Daniele Prade added: "We have never been in contact with Roy Keane or his agent because he is a player that doesn't interest us, not now or in the future."

High-flying Fiorentina are also reportedly interested in Keane.

Al Ittihad of Saudi Arabia said they made a short-term offer but made no further progress.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/4486842.stm

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Eeer, Mikhail, is it just me or did you add the Real Madrid bet now?

What if we placed a bet earlier in the "Elsewhere in the world" category, before you added the Real bet, and he moves to Real. Will we use our money?

I have a lot of money on this one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)