Rooney??? (1 Viewer)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

Whats so different about Vieri and Rooney? They are similar players. They are both idiots. Vieri is burnt out, Rooney is on top form.

Thats just a totally typical Italian post you made there. Vieri is always better because hes Italian?:D

What has Rooney done thats so bad (except bang some hookers :D). Vieri refuses to celebrate when it dosent suit him, acts like a total fuckbrains to the media and has had his fair share of foul play. Rooney has what? Pushed Thuram and did a hard challenge of Ronaldo :D

Or wait maybe your judging on looks now or something :rolleyes:
You missed the POINT COMPLETELY...while reading your post it was like you were adding strength to my original arguement. Other than that you went into a tangent way out into left field River Spice.
The English paint this picture of Rooney as some savoir of English football putting him on the same level as Michael Owen when in fact he is nothing more than a Vieri in his prime (NOT EVEN...Vieri being older Rooney still has a way to go to reach Vieri status..which he may but that is not the point).
Italy would not paint a player like Vieri or Inzaghi as glorious as the English have with Rooney...its the few who deserve that pedestal: the Baggio's..the Maldini's..the Baresi's.

Sep 28, 2002
youre just being ignorant. rooney at 18 achieved what vieri achieved in 98, being one of the best strikers in a major comp. sure its a long way for him, but if he doesnt **** up he just might be the savoir of english football.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

You missed the POINT COMPLETELY...while reading your post it was like you were adding strength to my original arguement. Other than that you went into a tangent way out into left field River Spice.
The English paint this picture of Rooney as some savoir of English football putting him on the same level as Michael Owen when in fact he is nothing more than a Vieri in his prime (NOT EVEN...Vieri being older Rooney still has a way to go to reach Vieri status..which he may but that is not the point).
Italy would not paint a player like Vieri or Inzaghi as glorious as the English have with Rooney...its the few who deserve that pedestal: the Baggio's..the Maldini's..the Baresi's.
Why wouldnt we put him on the same level as Michael Owen? When he has broken every international record Owen set.

So your telling me if Inzaghi or Vieri were 18 years old and had a tournament as good as Rooneys, they wouldnt be on the back pages? Of course they would, thats complete crap.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I would have to say that Rooney is on the same level as Owen. Considering Owen is a rather overrated player as it is, maybe its not such a good comparison. :)

Juventino783

Aug 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
ahh it was George Best, I initally thought David O'Leary, but that couldn't be right :)

Yes, I think Zambrotta for one is a better right midfielder than Beckham. He's got more pace, better dribbling, better tackling, a better shot from open play, and has a fine cross too. Plus he's better looking :kiss:

Giuly is another player who comes to mind.
Yes Zambrotta is miles better than Beckham, is my oppinion, Beckham is only a Model and he shots good Freekicks more not about him. Zambrotta can play on the left and rigth, defense and midfield, in dribbling he is better, technic is better, Passes are better... everything is better.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
SPICE

Are you nuts?? The English don't put Rooney on the BACK PAGES they do everything short of putting a crown on the kid. To which I say its crap: talent wise Owen is much more of a talented player..but that was not the point..the point is that a player who has grit..a good kick and is built like a mongolian buffalo should not be hailed as the next great football player...there are a many Rooney's in football....Vieri, Inzaghi, Viduka, Carew, whatever...
regardless if they were as 'hot' during a tournament....
my point was that he is being pumped up when in reality he is another of MANY that we have seen before...

Jan 7, 2004
SPICE

Are you nuts?? The English don't put Rooney on the BACK PAGES they do everything short of putting a crown on the kid. To which I say its crap: talent wise Owen is much more of a talented player..but that was not the point..the point is that a player who has grit..a good kick and is built like a mongolian buffalo should not be hailed as the next great football player...there are a many Rooney's in football....Vieri, Inzaghi, Viduka, Carew, whatever...
my point was that he is being pumped up when in reality he is another of MANY that we have seen before...

i need to catch up. who we callin spice little nicky ?

Kevin

Apr 16, 2004
SPICE

Comparing Rooney to Inzaghi? WTF, Rooney's a support striker/link man with more goals from 459527672195 yards than in the penalty area, has an allround game that sets up other players as well, has pace and beats players (clocked at 9.7 metres per second http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/football/features/newsid_3837000/3837567.stm ) and you compare him to a set of goal poachers? :confused: Have you seen him play by any chance or are you just talking out of ur *** because of pure frustration and envy towards an English boy is getting all this hype? This is not about HOW good/crappy he is, this is about you talking absolute bollocks and having no idea what type of player he is at all going by your descriptions and comparisions.
Ferguson describes him as a totall footballer, Henry is amazed at this kid and says he plays a bit like himself (which is NOT similar to Inzaghi btw... just informing you, maybe you haven't seen Henry play either :rolleyes: ) and Wenger admitted he dreams of buying this kid and didn't think anyone at such a young age could dominate this much (http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0600...2&headline=wenger-wants-rooney-name_page.html is all I could find back of it but it originated from BBC and he also stated what everyone else saw: when Rooney fell away during euro2004 england fell apart and had zero creativity - he was that important, linking a midfield with the strikers and making them tick... inzaghi? vieri??? totally different players, seriously wtf are you on about), and you compare him to poachers? You have absolutely no clue what you're on about. End of discussion.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Kevin you just smashed it blood:cool:

I admit hes bigged up by the english press fans etc, but why not. Rooney makes them happy, a kid with so much talent the whole world can see the talent. Built like a Motherfukin truck but has great skill on the ball. Its standard people are going to hate on such a talented player but speaking bullshit like this

the point is that a player who has grit..a good kick and is built like a mongolian buffalo should not be hailed as the next great football player...there are a many Rooney's in football....Vieri, Inzaghi, Viduka, Carew, whatever...
the hells the point. A lot simple just say you dont like Rooney.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juventino783 ] ++

Yes Zambrotta is miles better than Beckham, is my oppinion, Beckham is only a Model and he shots good Freekicks more not about him. Zambrotta can play on the left and rigth, defense and midfield, in dribbling he is better, technic is better, Passes are better... everything is better.
Exactly. Not to mention Zambrotta is faster than the Spice boy. Beckham is nothing more than an overhypped player who can kick well with his right foot. Hey, I have an incredible right footy, maybe I can be a superstar too. :rolleyes:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Exactly. Not to mention Zambrotta is faster than the Spice boy. Beckham is nothing more than an overhypped player who can kick well with his right foot. Hey, I have an incredible right footy, maybe I can be a superstar too. :rolleyes:
There's an annoying tendancy amoung otherwise knowledgeable football fans to counter the hype surrounding Beckham with the exact opposite. Beckham isn't a "mobile putting wedge" as someone put it. He's an excellent athlete, with tremendous stamina, a wonderful cross, and excellent all-round passing and shooting skills. His work-rate is very good, especially amoung the frequently half-arsed modern players. That said, he has little pace, dribbling ability or vision, all of which renders him half the player he's often talked up as. Half that player, though, is still a very good player. For all his courting of the media, he doesn't deserve to be sneered at by people with a tiny fraction of his talent as a "model". Grow up, and have some balance to your opinions, even the football ones.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
There's an annoying tendancy amoung otherwise knowledgeable football fans to counter the hype surrounding Beckham with the exact opposite. Beckham isn't a "mobile putting wedge" as someone put it. He's an excellent athlete, with tremendous stamina, a wonderful cross, and excellent all-round passing and shooting skills. His work-rate is very good, especially amoung the frequently half-arsed modern players. That said, he has little pace, dribbling ability or vision, all of which renders him half the player he's often talked up as. Half that player, though, is still a very good player. For all his courting of the media, he doesn't deserve to be sneered at by people with a tiny fraction of his talent as a "model". Grow up, and have some balance to your opinions, even the football ones.
well summed up

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
EPL has definetely catched up Serie A compared to the 90s. At least they are daring to consider themselves to be the best, when 10years ago Man U were often the whipping boys in Europe (For those who doesnt belive me, check Fenebache, Barcelona, Juve, Gotenburg etc before that lucky season). Look, now EPL is definetely one of the top leagues in the world, and I have finally concluded that with their financial muscle, unless Italian teams focus on developing young home grown talents they might be eclipsed by more richer Man U, and Chelsea.
Nonetheless, I do not think EPL is any better than La Liga for Serie A at this stage of time.
Firstly, I am glad somebody brought up Chelsea, Man U, and Arsenal issue.
Arsenal has not proven themselves to be one of the best in Europe and progress beyond last 8. Qualifying top of the group that they clueless Inter after Cuper sacking (Big mistake by Moratti IMO), mighty Locomotive Moscow, and Dynamo Kiev and loosing too games in the process isnt what I call "dominant team". And yeah, beating Celta somehow makes them a CL beating team.:rolleyes:. Unless they show up big time this year, I doubt Arsenal will ever have better chance of winning CL in their history. And I can make a rational argument why Gunners are not going to win CL this year, and nowhere near the favs some make them out to be.
As for Man U, with their current team I believe they will be lucky to go pass last 8. No disrespect to them, they lack certain class throughtout their team to be considered as truly a top class team. As far as I am concerned, they do have a decent team but that is it. Passed their primes Scholes, Giggs, Keane doesnt constitute the backbone of the team that is capable of winning CL IMO. Now, I do think Chelsea has the best chance of doing well in CL this year. They have a lot of players with European experience (Precisely because they have so many nationalities :p), and while I believe they lack that "genius" to really be a force in Europe right now, Chelsea have well-balanced team with top class professionals in their approach to the game. However, do you seriously believe they are better than Milan, a star studded club with players that spent many years together and perhaps have THE most stable club environment ATM? Don't you think Inter might have a say or two given that they will have a manager whose job is not in jeopardy going into 1st week of the season :eek::D and done remarkably well in the Calcio Mercato? Last time I checked their midfield, Emre, Van der Meyde, Kily, Davids, Veron, Ze Maria, Stankovic, Farinos, et al were in the team. Now talking about some depth! And I havent even spoken about their attacking options which inlclude Adriano, perhaps the finest SC in the world. Right now, Juve doesnt look too shabby either in terms of talent or players reputation. A novice will say Canna, Thuram, Del Piero, Trezegeut, Buffon are world beaters (Which they are not IMO beside our GK), while Emerson, Zambrotta, Zlatan, arent too shabby either. As for decent role players, Blasi, Biri, Zebina, Olivera, Kapo, isnt too bad either. Though, I do not think we are as good as Inter or Milan in terms of talent (Not reputation though). Look, I think EPL has done a great job of promoting their league (Which Serie A can do a dose I reckon), and improving the standard of their teams. However, I think they have merely narrowed that huge gap, and reached the same level. The financial of EPL means that they have a great advantage of getting better players in the future, and taking a step further. But potential doesnt mean you are already better, and EPL isnt better than Serie A at this stage. What Serie A needs is to build a more competitive league than 4 team race, and make the game more commercially viable IMO. Also the resurrection of some massive European clubs such as Torino, Napoli, Sampdoria, Fiorentina et al and commitment to developing young home talents a la Atalanta. The fact that likes of Montero, Fonseca, Adebe Pele, Rizzitelli, Ferrara, Batistuta, Rui Costa, Effenburg (A WC midfielder), Ayala, Gullit, Platt, Jugovic playing for these team shown how much Serie A has fallen off the radar in recent years.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
EPL has definetely catched up Serie A compared to the 90s. At least they are daring to consider themselves to be the best, when 10years ago Man U were often the whipping boys in Europe (For those who doesnt belive me, check Fenebache, Barcelona, Juve, Gotenburg etc before that lucky season). Look, now EPL is definetely one of the top leagues in the world, and I have finally concluded that with their financial muscle, unless Italian teams focus on developing young home grown talents they might be eclipsed by more richer Man U, and Chelsea.
Nonetheless, I do not think EPL is any better than La Liga for Serie A at this stage of time.
Firstly, I am glad somebody brought up Chelsea, Man U, and Arsenal issue.
Arsenal has not proven themselves to be one of the best in Europe and progress beyond last 8. Qualifying top of the group that they clueless Inter after Cuper sacking (Big mistake by Moratti IMO), mighty Locomotive Moscow, and Dynamo Kiev and loosing too games in the process isnt what I call "dominant team". And yeah, beating Celta somehow makes them a CL beating team.:rolleyes:. Unless they show up big time this year, I doubt Arsenal will ever have better chance of winning CL in their history. And I can make a rational argument why Gunners are not going to win CL this year, and nowhere near the favs some make them out to be.
As for Man U, with their current team I believe they will be lucky to go pass last 8. No disrespect to them, they lack certain class throughtout their team to be considered as truly a top class team. As far as I am concerned, they do have a decent team but that is it. Passed their primes Scholes, Giggs, Keane doesnt constitute the backbone of the team that is capable of winning CL IMO. Now, I do think Chelsea has the best chance of doing well in CL this year. They have a lot of players with European experience (Precisely because they have so many nationalities :p), and while I believe they lack that "genius" to really be a force in Europe right now, Chelsea have well-balanced team with top class professionals in their approach to the game. However, do you seriously believe they are better than Milan, a star studded club with players that spent many years together and perhaps have THE most stable club environment ATM? Don't you think Inter might have a say or two given that they will have a manager whose job is not in jeopardy going into 1st week of the season :eek::D and done remarkably well in the Calcio Mercato? Last time I checked their midfield, Emre, Van der Meyde, Kily, Davids, Veron, Ze Maria, Stankovic, Farinos, et al were in the team. Now talking about some depth! And I havent even spoken about their attacking options which inlclude Adriano, perhaps the finest SC in the world. Right now, Juve doesnt look too shabby either in terms of talent or players reputation. A novice will say Canna, Thuram, Del Piero, Trezegeut, Buffon are world beaters (Which they are not IMO beside our GK), while Emerson, Zambrotta, Zlatan, arent too shabby either. As for decent role players, Blasi, Biri, Zebina, Olivera, Kapo, isnt too bad either. Though, I do not think we are as good as Inter or Milan in terms of talent (Not reputation though). Look, I think EPL has done a great job of promoting their league (Which Serie A can do a dose I reckon), and improving the standard of their teams. However, I think they have merely narrowed that huge gap, and reached the same level. The financial of EPL means that they have a great advantage of getting better players in the future, and taking a step further. But potential doesnt mean you are already better, and EPL isnt better than Serie A at this stage. What Serie A needs is to build a more competitive league than 4 team race, and make the game more commercially viable IMO. Also the resurrection of some massive European clubs such as Torino, Napoli, Sampdoria, Fiorentina et al and commitment to developing young home talents a la Atalanta. The fact that likes of Montero, Fonseca, Adebe Pele, Rizzitelli, Ferrara, Batistuta, Rui Costa, Effenburg (A WC midfielder), Ayala, Gullit, Platt, Jugovic playing for these team shown how much Serie A has fallen off the radar in recent years.
I agree with you 100% on the EPL team issues you discussed. I also highly doubt that Arsenal will reach the Semifinals of the Champions League this year, just by looking at their history in the tourney. As for Chelsea, they have the best chance out of any English team to win it, but I still have my doubts whether Chelsea can gel as a "team", rather than a bunch of individual stars.

River

Jun 15, 2004
But at the same time you could doubt Juve just as much as Arsenal. Juve underachieve in the CL almost every year.

Your thinking on the entire EPL issue is extremely screwed up and completely biast.

Sep 6, 2004
Didn't Juve play 4 CL finals since 1996?

On the Rooney issue : he can't be compared to Inzaghi for "physiological" reasons.

And he can't be compared to Vieri either until he scores 30 goals in as many games each year.

River

Jun 15, 2004
SPICE

Without even discussing Rooneys talent for a moment. It just fucks me of to no end when people like you are so hypocritical. Ive seen Italian newspapers, they are just as bad if not worse than the English ones. So why is ok for you guys to do when the english cant? You and every other dumb ass who says stuff like this should STOP READING TABLOIDS. And wasnt he brought back down again? For a player 'the english' love we sure as hell ripped him apart lately.

And it seems every time i miss the point. Are you sure you dont just change your point every time your in a corner?

Read what Kevin posted last. Summed up perfectly.

JUVENTUZ.COM GENERAL OPINION
Del Piero, Zlatan, Zambrotta, Pirlo, Gattuso are all fucking incredible players. Beckham, Rooney and Gerrard are 'overrated english' players. ****heads :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)