Rooney??? (5 Viewers)

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by BerluscaMafioso ] ++
Didn't Juve play 4 CL finals since 1996?

On the Rooney issue : he can't be compared to Inzaghi for "physiological" reasons.

And he can't be compared to Vieri either until he scores 30 goals in as many games each year.
Heres another perfect example of the dumbshit posts people make. Did you even read back a few pages? Where I had said about 'days gone by?'. Isnt 1996 days gone by? Look at recent times, Juventus havent exactly been the best team around now have they? They are usually humiliated any time they face an english club. But yeah again. Juventus are going to win, Arsenal, MU and Chelsea dont have a chance.

Dont you see how dumb such things are?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 6, 2004
No I did not take the time to delve into a pile of posts which will take ages to load and probably be redundant anyway.

Last time I checked Juventus were in the final only 2 years ago (an era gone by?), something Arsenal has not been able to do.....ever.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Actually, an already eliminated Juve beat Arsenal last time out with a second string side and Arsenal needing a victory to stay in the CL. Alas, but went out. Zalayeta scored the winner and Carini saved a penalty. As for Man U, Juve has done well - until we faced Man U with a flu-decimated squad and got whipped. But, Juve did have to call in 3 players from a youth tournament just to field an 11-man side.

That being said, it cannot be denied that English sides have performed better than Italian sides in recent years in Europe. Also, the English clubs have done better head-to-head vs. Italian clubs lately. So, it is biased crap to write off the performance of English clubs. I don't care for the EPL, but it is a top league.

River

Jun 15, 2004
Yeah that year juventus scraped there way into the final which turned out to be the most boring final.

And since you didnt read back. I was saying that people writing off Arsenals chances this year just because they have sucked in the past is silly. And must people here think Juventus need not worry to much about Arsenal, MU or Chelsea. When in reality i think perhaps all three could beat Juventus. Theres supporting a team and theres downright stupidity.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Scraped their way to the final????

Blasting Real Madrid off the park in the semifinals is scraping? It was 3-0 before Real realized where they were. Only a 90th minute Zidane goal saved them from further embarrassment.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Oh yes River, I nearly forgot to mention that eliminating Deportivo La Coruna, Barcelona, and Real Madrid in succession to reach the CL Final is quite an accomplishment. This is what Juve did and you trying to diminish this is foolish.

Sep 6, 2004
I would not say that English clubs have performed better than Italian clubs in recent years. What has happened is that Italy's supremacy has come to an end while England has "closed the gap" as someone was saying. Result-wise, the only final an English club reached (and won) in recent seasons remains 1999, though.

Where did I say Italian clubs don't fear English clubs? They do, as they famously are our "bête noire". English clubs tend to perform well against Italian clubs who themselves regularly beat Spanish sides who in turn have a habit for upsetting the English. It's been a common pattern for some time now.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
But at the same time you could doubt Juve just as much as Arsenal. Juve underachieve in the CL almost every year.

Your thinking on the entire EPL issue is extremely screwed up and completely biast.
Quite frankly its not. And your opinion us completely biased too. Everybody has their own opinions, and from my understanding I think what Jun Hide said is absolutely correct.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah that year juventus scraped there way into the final which turned out to be the most boring final.

And since you didnt read back. I was saying that people writing off Arsenals chances this year just because they have sucked in the past is silly. And must people here think Juventus need not worry to much about Arsenal, MU or Chelsea. When in reality i think perhaps all three could beat Juventus. Theres supporting a team and theres downright stupidity.
Seriously River. :rolleyes: You think we have very biased opinions, well so do you. You say "well times have changed" when it comes to the dominance of the Serie A, well what have English teams done in Europe in the past 17 years that is worth remembering? You say times have changed for the likes of Arsenal. Well Arsenal had a great chance last season, so did Chelsea. What did Arsenal do? Not make it past the Final 8, again. Its like a broken record when it comes to Arsenal. I go by the history books River, and history tells me that English sides really have a tough time competing in Europe. Has my opinion changed? Hell no. Could it change? Yes, of course, but that would mean an English side would have to win the Champions League, and make it 2 wins in 17 years. I write off Arsenal this year because its basically the same team as last year. How would they better last season's showing? Frankly, their time has passed IMO. Same with Manchester United.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Oh yes River, I nearly forgot to mention that eliminating Deportivo La Coruna, Barcelona, and Real Madrid in succession to reach the CL Final is quite an accomplishment. This is what Juve did and you trying to diminish this is foolish.
Exactly Pado.

You're lucky I'm not repeating the fact that Man U shouldn't have won that 99 Final anyway. They were lucky. :D But they won, and thats all that matters.

River

Jun 15, 2004
Scraped their way to the final????

Blasting Real Madrid off the park in the semifinals is scraping? It was 3-0 before Real realized where they were. Only a 90th minute Zidane goal saved them from further embarrassment.
Bar the Madrid game I remember them pretty much riding the lucky horse :D But i wasnt trying to dimish that, i was responding to berlusci with a sarcastic post because he is a retard.

Andy? Im biast? Um yeah sure. Ive said from the start I believe the italian league to be the strongest, i simple can only take so much bullshit posts from you. And yes you have made ALOT of them. When it comes to English players or EPL you are completely biast. Ive seen you post some of the most hypocritical stuff on here, infact im making you the leader :cheesy: Dont make me go look for examples.

You say "well times have changed" when it comes to the dominance of the Serie A, well what have English teams done in Europe in the past 17 years that is worth remembering? You say times have changed for the likes of Arsenal. Well Arsenal had a great chance last season, so did Chelsea. What did Arsenal do? Not make it past the Final 8, again. Its like a broken record when it comes to Arsenal. I go by the history books River, and history tells me that English sides really have a tough time competing in Europe. Has my opinion changed? Hell no. Could it change? Yes, of course, but that would mean an English side would have to win the Champions League, and make it 2 wins in 17 years. I write off Arsenal this year because its basically the same team as last year. How would they better last season's showing? Frankly, their time has passed IMO. Same with Manchester United
Actually if your going to quote me, quote me right. I said the italian dominance are 'days gone by'. And so they are. You gave the impression that Arsenal, MU and Chelsea are not that much of a threat.

English sides have a tough time competing in europe? Maybe a tough time winning the competitions but competing definately not. Look at your history books there.

And again your talking about years in the past. Im talking about now. Right now looking at the teams the English teams are easily right beside if not slightly ahead of the Italians. And the only point i made was you and everyone else are foolish to dismiss that.

Arsenal and MUs time has passed? Dont talk out of your ass. Now your acting like this is some grand design. And talking about times passing, how could you say Arsenals time has passed and think Juves hasnt? You see there you go again, absolute hypocrite.

Youve turned this into an EPL v Serie A debate. Thats not the debate i was making. I was only making the point that english teams have closed the gap you think still exists, you think an italian team are better just because they are italian. Writing off English teams is quite foolish. But do it if you will.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Italy, England and Spain. The three best leagues in the world. Three National teams that can't win shite. Is there a connection?

BTW, River, which club do you support?

River

Jun 15, 2004
Italy, England and Spain. The three best leagues in the world. Three National teams that can't win shite. Is there a connection?
No connection. All losers in their own special way :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Bar the Madrid game I remember them pretty much riding the lucky horse :D But i wasnt trying to dimish that, i was responding to berlusci with a sarcastic post because he is a retard.

Andy? Im biast? Um yeah sure. Ive said from the start I believe the italian league to be the strongest, i simple can only take so much bullshit posts from you. And yes you have made ALOT of them. When it comes to English players or EPL you are completely biast. Ive seen you post some of the most hypocritical stuff on here, infact im making you the leader :cheesy: Dont make me go look for examples.
Why would I be completely biased River? Would it be because I hate England's guts? Why would I hate England or English players? Do I hate the EPL because I've become accustomed to watching and enjoying it every weekend? Where does this bias you speak of originate from? I base my opinions on what I see watching soccer, and looking at the history of it. I given you my views so many times River, saying that I do think players such as Beckham, Owen, and Gerrard are overrated. This OPINION comes from what I've seen them do on the pitch, not what some bloke tells me online or on TV. Can't you realize that its an opinion, and that the facts I do state are certainly facts? And for the record you have not always said that the Serie A is the strongest. In fact you said that the EPL is now the strongest, along with that "days gone by" theory.

Actually if your going to quote me, quote me right. I said the italian dominance are 'days gone by'. And so they are. You gave the impression that Arsenal, MU and Chelsea are not that much of a threat.

English sides have a tough time competing in europe? Maybe a tough time winning the competitions but competing definately not. Look at your history books there.

And again your talking about years in the past. Im talking about now. Right now looking at the teams the English teams are easily right beside if not slightly ahead of the Italians. And the only point i made was you and everyone else are foolish to dismiss that.

Arsenal and MUs time has passed? Dont talk out of your ass. Now your acting like this is some grand design. And talking about times passing, how could you say Arsenals time has passed and think Juves hasnt? You see there you go again, absolute hypocrite.

Youve turned this into an EPL v Serie A debate. Thats not the debate i was making. I was only making the point that english teams have closed the gap you think still exists, you think an italian team are better just because they are italian. Writing off English teams is quite foolish. But do it if you will.
Where have I dismissed that the EPL has closed the gap??? I have never said that they haven't caught up in some respect, don't know where you got that from. But Italy is still ahead IMO.

Yes, Man United's chance has passed. Look at the core of players they have, including Keane, Scholes, and Giggs, who are far from their "primes". Okay, maybe a bit of a stretch but still. Like I've said before, what makes you think that Arsenal will achieve better this season? Have they made any sigings that change the whole complection of the team? Have the other teams in Europe gotten weaker? No, and no, most all have gotten stronger. So in a way, Arsenal's best chance of European glory was last season. But yeah, Arsenal has a thing with history and kept it without making the Semifinals, again.

Maybe I haven't said this clearly or something, but I do agree with you that English sides have improved lately. Most of it is because of what Chelsea has done in the past year, building a truely competitive side that has the best chance out of all English teams to do something in Europe. But like I said before, if history deams importance to the future, it will be 18, not 17 years. ;)

china man

Sep 6, 2004
actualy my point of view is that owen shouldnt be at real at the first place!!!his playing style doenst suit la liga at all and will be struggling with morientes and raul!!!!even figo was jugdging the club on buying owen!!what went wrong woth him???is he so desprated to be in a major club like real???Dump!!!he should have stay at liverpool at least stil first 11 ,now at real it is still 50/50 chances for him to survive!!anyway best off luck on him!!!!!!heheh at least he is learning spanish words!!!!Cheers to all

:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)