Rooney??? (1 Viewer)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Hey I never said this punk doesn't have potential. Fenerbache has a good defense right? :D
Andy, give credit where its due. A hat-trick is very creditable irrespective of the opponents played. I guess the way some of us here fail to recognise the 'towering talents' of Rooney, is attributed to the fact that the hype built around him is working against him, rather than for him. Except for the bandwagon fan following hes gained by those who are smitten by the likes of Chelski and Man U. In truth, he may really be good, but i think that can only be decided over a certain period of time.

For now though, the English media should help, by making sure they dont saturate their pages with the life and times of Wayne Rooney. That to me, would mean a sequel to Michael Owen.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Wayne Rooney is more liked by the 'glory-hunting' Man United fans, what you have to realised is Rooney wasnt at all loved by true Man United fans, cause he was a scouser and played for England, most true Man United fans couldnt careless about England. Because at the old Wembley stadium, Man United players would get boo'ed, and for United players been blamed at the end of Major international torny's: Beckham '98, P Neville' 00. So, no-one really cared about Rooney, and still dont. Rooney, is far down, players like Ronaldo, Ruud, Giggs, Keano, Scholes even Heinze are more loved then Rooney. But if he continues scoring hat-tricks, it might change.

But he played well last night, but Heinze was man of the match for me, he was brilliant, which is why 'Argentina, Argentina, Argentina' was being chanted (I bet no England fans ever though that was ever going to happen)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Andy, give credit where its due. A hat-trick is very creditable irrespective of the opponents played. I guess the way some of us here fail to recognise the 'towering talents' of Rooney, is attributed to the fact that the hype built around him is working against him, rather than for him. Except for the bandwagon fan following hes gained by those who are smitten by the likes of Chelski and Man U. In truth, he may really be good, but i think that can only be decided over a certain period of time.

For now though, the English media should help, by making sure they dont saturate their pages with the life and times of Wayne Rooney. That to me, would mean a sequel to Michael Owen.
I was only giving River a hard time Baggio. YOU should KNOW that by now. :D

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Kevin ] ++

I've replied to this pile of hippo spunk (talking about the post, not the poster of course) in this thread before, but I couldn't resist :D

Inzaghi my arse

This is his first competitive match since he got injured 3+ months ago and his first ever CL match. He knows all of England and much of the rest of the world are watching his debut, he knows all the press and spotlights would be on him, and he's totally unfazed and delivers a performance that is the wet dream of every sensationalistic tabloid journo and more (and I'm not talking about his habit of 'spending time' with grannies ;) ). The boy's a star in the making. "Give him the stage and Wayne Rooney will perform". How true.
how true indeed :)

Two words: Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
A few weeks ago someone told me another two words. 'Antonio Cassano' ;)

River

Jun 15, 2004
Of course he hasnt, but for now he has. What do you want a fantastic natural goalscorer or a talented kid going through puberty? :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
Of course he hasnt, but for now he has. What do you want a fantastic natural goalscorer or a talented kid going through puberty? :D
Enjoy it now River, before the Owen syndrome hits. :D

River

Jun 15, 2004
Owen was never this good. And im not enjoying it when he takes it to the EPL, just unlike you ;) I can admit quality when I see it :D

River

Jun 15, 2004

Owen was never this good? LOL.

I get the feeling you've been wanting to say this for ages?

Soak it up Riv. Soak it up.
Ok totally not getting you here.

Sorry? :confused:

River

Jun 15, 2004
George Best believes the "sky is the limit" for Manchester United and England striker Wayne Rooney.

Best, himself a teenage prodigy at United in the 1960s who went on to become one of the world's greatest players, was amazed by the 18-year-old's breathtaking hat-trick on debut in last night's 6-2 Champions League victory over Fenerbahce.

Rooney is already being mentioned in the same breath as Best and another United hero, Eric Cantona, and the Northern Irish legend insists the club have a superstar are on their hands.

"You look at that performance and you have to say that's as good as anything you've ever seen," Best said.

"I've been saying about him for two years and he's just getting better and better. The lovely thing about him is his temperament - he loves the big stage and the sky is the limit for him, it really is.

"He's got to maintain that level of performance but there's no reason why he shouldn't. He's got everything going for him, he's looking the complete player at 18 years of age.

"He can handle himself, he has two good feet, he's good in the air, he's got it all. Is he as good as me? Now don't be silly!

"You go through all the greats at Manchester United and you've certainly got to put him in there."

Best, arguably the first footballer to 'cross over' from the back pages to the front with his off-field exploits, predicts Rooney will be in a goldfish bowl environment but backed manager Sir Alex Ferguson to keep him on the straight and narrow.

"The fact that he's playing for Manchester United means he's going to get hounded 24 hours a day," Best told BBC Radio Five Live.

"But he's got the top man looking after him in Sir Alex and he's been through it before with people like Ryan (Giggs) and Eric Cantona.

"It is something (Rooney) is going to have to learn how to handle and it is not easy. His main objective away from football will be to keep off the front pages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)