Ronaldinho to Milan? (2 Viewers)

Kaka1899

Jan 24, 2007
There are many rumours flying about Ronaldinho becoming the next brazilian to join Milans vast collection of Brazilian stars along with Alexandre Pato possibly joining in the summer. i would like to discuss with you guys the possablity of Ronaldinho coming to Milan and what effect that would have on Serie A for the good and bad.

The Good points.

If Ronaldinho has his heart set on a move to milan then silvio berlusconi must dip deep into his pockets to ensure the rossoneri would snap up the current worl and european player of the year. Forget about his poor showing at the world cup- did anybody apart from Kaka shine for the selcao? Just marvel at his form in both la liga and the champions league over the last couple of years. The Diavologot a first hand glimpse of what to expect if they bought into a 70 million euro player just look at the dinho sucker punchin the 2004-05 champions league when he gave a deft chip over to guily to finish the killing blow to milan.

i know that luxury buys are more of an inter thing to do, but milan need somebody to fill the boots of Sheva. Kaka could do the job, but why overload him hes young let him express himself run wild dont pin him down now, he wont be like that forever remember. and if your scoffing at the thought of dinho been a goal machine well consider this no less than 17 goals in 29 primera liga appreances added to seven in 12 cl matches last season. yes i know its not quite Sheva status but please remember Pippo, Gila , and oleveira would be expected to chip in with a few as well not counting Kaka's goals alone.

Milans midfield is arguably there biggest strength so it would be easy to assume that bringing an unprdictable fantasia in would be a bit of a gamble but there would be no need to change the team to fit him in you could have Pirlo and Gattuso deeper in a defensive midfield place sparying the ball around from deep, Kaka and Seedorf pulling the strings from a higher position leavinf Inzaghi/Gila/oleveira upfront with Roni as more of an secondry striker. Thus giving berlu his wish of two men up top and carletto the missing piece to his xmas tree formation albeit a midfield model.

Not only does the move make sense froma playing point of view there is also the commercial aspect to the transfer thus attracting more people wearing the milan jersy with his name accross the back £50 a shirt not bad considering world wide sales also this could end the myth that serie a is boring and defensive.

The Bad Points

Why do Milan need Dinho they have got Kaka who has said that he wants to help also when he gets the ball and puts his afterbuners on and sets off for the goal nobody can stop him so why have dinho hogging the ball out wide when Milans wonderboy could be bombing towards the goal. Kaka is a hard woker on the other hand a hard worker Dinho is not he dosnt track back like Kaka does he will have a walk back to half way to catch his breath not running the length of the pitch like Kaka does and then back again. Also with Gourcuff, Kaka, Andrea Pirlo and Gattuso secure of there spots why splash out £70? on another midfielder. Milan buying Dinho is very much like wearing a diamond encrusted suit seems fun at first but then you feel foolish after a bit so is the investment in Dinho the best move for milan or could £70 be better invested in some defenders.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I like that thread....:wink:

Actually, I do think that not just Milan is the one who is going to benefit from such a signing, but also the whole Serie A. As Ronaldinho's arrival may catch the eye of lots of football fans from around the world after the massive bash that the whole Italian football has been suffering since the Calciopoli scandal in the summer.

From the tactical point of view, I think that the addition of Ronaldinho plus the presence of Kaka would be one of the best partnerships in the world, but in that case 4-4-2 wouldn't work, as both of them don't share positively in defending. Hence, I do prefer 4-5-1 with the presence of Gattuso, Pirlo and Seedorf behind them and Seedorf to take a more defensive role.

Even though, I still think that Ronaldinho's transfer fee is an absolute downside. I can imagine that the same fee can be used to build up a world class team from the zero point.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
it would do good for sA but i think its a matter of over-saturation. somewhat leading the charge to how it was in the late 90's where it seemed that sA was the place to be/play. thus causing a mass exodus a few yrs later.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Oh and I thought Gourcuff was the new shit... new Zidane blah blah blah. What happened? Leave Dinho alone :D

Jul 23, 2006
Matrix would kick him the same way he kicked Sheva(who knows, it might be a blessing, Ronnie's teeth would get fixed:eyebrows: )

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Oh and I thought Gourcuff was the new shit... new Zidane blah blah blah. What happened? Leave Dinho alone :D
I remember that some great players failed in San Siro; Redondo, Rivaldo and Rui Costa, but this might be related to some different reasons, I can't deny that Milan had a hand though.

Gourcuff is another different case, he is still young to secure a place amongst the starting eleven, especially at the club in the weight of Milan. Generally, I think we can judge him fairly in the next couple of season.

Jul 2, 2006
I remember that some great players failed in San Siro; Redondo, Rivaldo and Rui Costa, but this might be related to some different reasons, I can't deny that Milan had a hand though.

Gourcuff is another different case, he is still young to secure a place amongst the starting eleven, especially at the club in the weight of Milan. Generally, I think we can judge him fairly more in the next couple of season.
Gourcuff will find himself at home in france

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
Sooner or later, someone will broke his legs.
And there you are, Ronaldo's story again and maybe he will go to Real after few depresing seasons.
Rivaldo didn't fit as well...
He will be too expencive, thats for sure actualy sign him! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)