Rodrigo Bentancur (54 Viewers)

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
We got this guy because Tevez wanted Boca, so they gave us this guy. He stayed here for 4 years, playing as a starter in the last two seasons never shoving any semblance of urgency.
One of the worst players to wear this jersey.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
He can't be a mezz'ala either, he literally has no goal threat at all, no passing abilities besides sideways... He's probably staying because he's cheap, but that's it.
Look, honestly I like to see him go too. At least Sami knew how to put the ball into the back of the net unlike Bent. Unfortunately too many players must go and not everyone can go. You're right, Bent is extremely lucky he is cheap and plays a position (defensive mid) that a coach could use especially if ahead in the 2nd half.

Though after watching him now for awhile appears he's reached his upside which isn't what Juve management/fans expected when signed. Always hustling which I like but like a headless chicken this season.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
We got this guy because Tevez wanted Boca, so they gave us this guy. He stayed here for 4 years, playing as a starter in the last two seasons never shoving any semblance of urgency.
One of the worst players to wear this jersey.
Trump was wrong. THIS is the worst deal in history.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I want to continuously punch him and to see a lot of blood, yet, despite him playing like a donkey and looking like the worst player on earth after Bernardeschi, I see the potential to fit him in a functioning team and to be very useful there.
He's not a regista, not the guy in front of the defense. Allegri said the same some months ago. We play him there, despite being a disaster, probably because the others we have are even worse in that position.
Inexplicable how some top professionals managed to fuck up so much with the midfield, and it's just as inexplicable how those same professionals didn't realize just how many flaws did Pjanic's presence hide.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I want to continuously punch him and to see a lot of blood, yet, despite him playing like a donkey and looking like the worst player on earth after Bernardeschi, I see the potential to fit him in a functioning team and to be very useful there.
He's not a regista, not the guy in front of the defense. Allegri said the same some months ago. We play him there, despite being a disaster, probably because the others we have are even worse in that position.
Inexplicable how some top professionals managed to fuck up so much with the midfield, and it's just as inexplicable how those same professionals didn't realize just how many flaws did Pjanic's presence hide.
Pirlo plays benta at regista for the same reason he plays Berna on the left wing, because the only legit alternatives are young players (or playing other guys out of position ie Chiesa and Arthur) and he’s shit scared to give them a shot. Management should’ve given him better options, but Pirlo should’ve also had his balls drop.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
But but , he is world class talent...

This guy is fraud.

At this point Loccateli who is average is looking like Modric or Xabiz compared to this guy
lets keep things in perspective, he was never considered a world class talent by anyone. I’m not sure he was even considered the best player in the Tevez deal when it first happened. I’d argue he’s actually overachieved. But he’s definitely not starting material.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I've said this before. He's a water-carrier type of player. Not one to be a regista, not a playmaker, not a ball winner, maybe not even B2B. He's the guy you throw out there to help get the ball to better players and keep possession, probably on the right side of a midfield 3 or something. he isn't good enough to be in a two-man midfield unless you have someone amazing next to him.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
He constantly makes basic mistakes in simple things like controlling the ball or passing it. doesn't deserve to be starter!

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Pirlo plays benta at regista for the same reason he plays Berna on the left wing, because the only legit alternatives are young players (or playing other guys out of position ie Chiesa and Arthur) and he’s shit scared to give them a shot. Management should’ve given him better options, but Pirlo should’ve also had his balls drop.
They're not. Danilo was prime Modric when compared to Bentancur. Also Arthur, although a pussy is twice the player (in that position).

Last edited:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I've said this before. He's a water-carrier type of player. Not one to be a regista, not a playmaker, not a ball winner, maybe not even B2B. He's the guy you throw out there to help get the ball to better players and keep possession, probably on the right side of a midfield 3 or something. he isn't good enough to be in a two-man midfield unless you have someone amazing next to him.
He is a B2B player just like McKennie, even though both are different - McKennie tends to do better when he gets into the box when the team is attacking, while Bentancur is better off staying around the box looking for a through ball or a cross.

At the end of the day both have the engine to play as B2B because they are quite decent defensively too - both can intercept/tackle to some extent.

The worst of it all is probably that neither is good enough to be a starter here, especially if our benchmark is prime Vidal. With that being said I'm sure that both could have a future under a coach like Allegri who is capable of establishing a clear framework for both to operate in.

We must absolutely get rid of Rabiot and Ramsey first too.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
He is a B2B player just like McKennie, even though both are different - McKennie tends to do better when he gets into the box when the team is attacking, while Bentancur is better off staying around the box looking for a through ball or a cross.

At the end of the day both have the engine to play as B2B because they are quite decent defensively too - both can intercept/tackle to some extent.

The worst of it all is probably that neither is good enough to be a starter here, especially if our benchmark is prime Vidal. With that being said I'm sure that both could have a future under a coach like Allegri who is capable of establishing a clear framework for both to operate in.

We must absolutely get rid of Rabiot and Ramsey first too.
Rabiot is much more expensive but at least he has his moments. Bentancur does jack shit. Through balls, lol.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
They're not. Danilo was prime Modric when compared to Bentancur. Also Arthur, although a pussy is twice the player.
Arthur is worse. He doesn’t offer any progressive passes and is worse than Bentancur defensively, by far. I’ll give you Danilo but he’s also needed elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)