Rodrigo Bentancur (68 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Rabiot is much more expensive but at least he has his moments. Bentancur does jack shit. Through balls, lol.
Rabiot is an overpaid mercenary who turns up every fifth game - that is if we're lucky.

Dude is built like a tank but doesn't have any fight/punch in him - mentally weak passenger. 7m net is a daylight robbery, we need to sell asap, he's still young enough to attract some interest.

At the very least you can bench both McKennie and Bentancur, no fuss here - that's easily affordable. Keeping Rabiot on the bench makes no sense, he takes up important space while not pulling his weight at all. If average bums like Rabiot earn this much, then stars of this team will ask at least twice as much.

- - - Updated - - -

Rabiot is much more expensive but at least he has his moments. Bentancur does jack shit. Through balls, lol.
Bentancur has 4 assists this season according to whoscored. Rabiot? Just one.

I know whom I prefer to keep.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This guy's IQ is so low he won't ever be reliable
Aside from Ramsey who is basically washed up due to injuries and age, do we have a high IQ player in our mid? McKennie is a brainless runner, and is always in the wrong place on the pitch, Bentancur is dumb as a post, stupid passes, stupid tackles, lackadaisical attitude, Rabiot and Arthur are giant pussies with no work ethic or grinta, which means any football IQ they might have is negated entirely.

Might as well start playing Fagioli every match. See what we have in him.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Rabiot is an overpaid mercenary who turns up every fifth game - that is if we're lucky.

Dude is built like a tank but doesn't have any fight/punch in him - mentally weak passenger. 7m net is a daylight robbery, we need to sell asap, he's still young enough to attract some interest.

At the very least you can bench both McKennie and Bentancur, no fuss here - that's easily affordable. Keeping Rabiot on the bench makes no sense, he takes up important space while not pulling his weight at all. If average bums like Rabiot earn this much, then stars of this team will ask at least twice as much.

- - - Updated - - -

Bentancur has 4 assists this season according to whoscored. Rabiot? Just one.

I know whom I prefer to keep.
I agree almost all the way but there's no need in keeping a useless dud on the bench. A youngster like Fagioli would be a much much much better fit than Bentancur who is on the must-sell list together with Rabiot and Ramsey.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I agree almost all the way but there's no need in keeping a useless dud on the bench. A youngster like Fagioli would be a much much much better fit than Bentancur who is on the must-sell list together with Rabiot and Ramsey.
Well, if we hire a capable coach says 'gtfo Bentancur, I prefer Fagioli' then I'm more than happy with that solution.

In reality you can't sell everyone, it's just not possible.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Bentancur does.... for the opponent. So no. Arthur is the only guy who actually made the team click/look less awful for a few games.
at least Bentancur attempts vertical passes. He’s got 4x as many assists as Arthur. Arthur offers nothing beyond an ability to maintain possession, which has value, but if that’s all you’re bringing to the table, isn’t that useful.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
at least Bentancur attempts vertical passes. He’s got 4x as many assists as Arthur. Arthur offers nothing beyond an ability to maintain possession, which has value, but if that’s all you’re bringing to the table, isn’t that useful.
Arthur was injured for half the season. Good stats comparison; it's like saying Arthur scored more despite playing less than half as many minutes.

Let's not act as if Benta passes much more forward anyway...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)