Rodrigo Bentancur (49 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
oUr MiDs ArE bEsT sUiTeD fOr 2-MaN mIdFiElD sEtUpS

this looks terrible indeed, but a good majority of these situations could be avoidable if he had someone to pass to.

with the boca clause and the high chance for swap deals this summer, we couldn't find an easy way to sell him with plusvalenza. this guy was good to very good during the last 2 seasons. give him a proper coach first before completely giving up on him. pirlo and his setup make most of our players look worse than they are.

Jun 16, 2020

this looks terrible indeed, but a good majority of these situations could be avoidable if he had someone to pass to.

with the boca clause and the high chance for swap deals this summer, we couldn't find an easy way to sell him with plusvalenza. this guy was good to very good during the last 2 seasons. give him a proper coach first before completely giving up on him. pirlo and his setup make most of our players look worse than they are.
Im so surprised by the fact that Pirlo is so dumb

Never expected this

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

I don't agree with your assessment of him the previous 2-3 seasons, but he'd definitely be less exposed and responsible in a three-man midfield. But then you could say the same about any player.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I don't agree with your assessment of him the previous 2-3 seasons, but he'd definitely be less exposed and responsible in a three-man midfield. But then you could say the same about any player.
he showed pretty steady progress until the covid break, and started to make those stupid mistakes once the calendar got too busy with matches every 3 days. some other players like bonucci, pjanic, matuidi or higuain (etc) equally turned to complete shit during that period.

bottom line is that bentancur is a better player than he looks now. same goes for de ligt, rabiot, dybala, ronaldo, tek, and the majority of our squad. chiesa and cuadrado are those two players who have an excellent season, morata was great until that virus hit him. the others are certainly underperforming, including bentancur. we can sell him, especially in a tricky package deal if we find a club that's willing to screw with boca, but i don't think it will happen. he stays, so let's hope he rediscovers his better form.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
he showed pretty steady progress until the covid break, and started to make those stupid mistakes once the calendar got too busy with matches every 3 days. some other players like bonucci, pjanic, matuidi or higuain (etc) equally turned to complete shit during that period.

bottom line is that bentancur is a better player than he looks now. same goes for de ligt, rabiot, dybala, ronaldo, tek, and the majority of our squad. chiesa and cuadrado are those two players who have an excellent season, morata was great until that virus hit him. the others are certainly underperforming, including bentancur. we can sell him, especially in a tricky package deal if we find a club that's willing to screw with boca, but i don't think it will happen. he stays, so let's hope he rediscovers his better form.
he's also cheap. so as a back up and as long he discovers his form from 2 seasons ago he would be useful to have.

. i'd sell rabiot and ramsey due to thier high wages before benta for sure.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Valid points but I've had a dislike for certain aspects of his game for a while - his inconsistency, poor vision, fragile mentality. I think it's unfair to those other players to be mentioned alongside him, as they have done a lot more for the club. Except Rabiot, who is crap for 70% of games. I just don't think his level is that high. He looks like a player pretending to be a top player, and the odd great game doesn't cut it.

I just see him as a squad player who can't lead in midfield, but with two champions alongside him in midfield he might even give off the impression of one himself. As a stand alone player, no chance. He and Rabiot have that same way of fading in and out for games at a time, lack of personality. You rarely see these types of players do well in the long run at clubs like Juve.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
what are you suggesting? we should sell bentancur? which mids would you keep then?

yeah, he's a squad player in an ideal world. that's 100% true. but it isn't an ideal world, and he's still our last mid who was able to perform fine for 10 games in a row (mostly before the covid break), and he's still our cheapest mid. he can play multiple positions too.

normally, i wouldn't stick with any of our current midfielders. too bad it's unrealistic to sell all of these useless pussies. and out of the current bunch, bentancur wouldn't be among the first 3 i'd try to sell or i'd try to force out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)