Rodrigo Bentancur (71 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Not going to be a popular opinion but I thought he was very good in the second half and played a huge part in us getting up the pitch.

A good game overall. The issue is that there was another situation which he didn't read well with their goal, although when you are so exposed so near goal it can lead to players scrambling.
He still stumbled into players few times and lost the ball which left us wide open.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
Not going to be a popular opinion but I thought he was very good in the second half and played a huge part in us getting up the pitch.

A good game overall. The issue is that there was another situation which he didn't read well with their goal, although when you are so exposed so near goal it can lead to players scrambling.
He was immense, won everything during that second half. Much much better than the tentative Bentan we saw against the Milan clubs.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Yes, first half didnt like him, lost some dangerous balls as well. But he improved later on. Still, we need better for next season

Jun 16, 2020
How would he do in a pivot with Locatelli? With Loca more involved in the build up.

Remains a shame that he became so braindead this year, was showing some potential with Sarri. Under Allegri I never rated him.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
How would he do in a pivot with Locatelli? With Loca more involved in the build up.

Remains a shame that he became so braindead this year, was showing some potential with Sarri. Under Allegri I never rated him.
I think the biggest issue for him as a pivot is lack of other CMs being next to him. When we play 3-man midfield his game improves because he has B2Bs next to him so that he has more passing options which are also easier to use. On top of that, an extra CM helps in covering the gaps in midfield.

If you look at yesterday's game closely, he looks like a lost child in the first half, especially if he faces our goal under possession.

In the second half Rabiot and McKennie played much closer to him and he suddenly had a much better game.

In the end he's a system player, he needs clear reference points and less responsibility. Holding mid role requires more brains because positioning is the essential skill there, in 3-man midfield one's shortcoming are always less visible. He's got the athleticism for a decent DM/B2Ba and he's tidy enough to do simple passing on the ball but the brains/thinking part is not his biggest strength.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I think the biggest issue for him as a pivot is lack of other CMs being next to him. When we play 3-man midfield his game improves because he has B2Bs next to him so that he has more passing options which are also easier to use. On top of that, an extra CM helps in covering the gaps in midfield.

If you look at yesterday's game closely, he looks like a lost child in the first half, especially if he faces our goal under possession.

In the second half Rabiot and McKennie played much closer to him and he suddenly had a much better game.

In the end he's a system player, he needs clear reference points and less responsibility. Holding mid role requires more brains because positioning is the essential skill there, in 3-man midfield one's shortcoming are always less visible. He's got the athleticism for a decent DM/B2Ba and he's tidy enough to do simple passing on the ball but the brains/thinking part is not his biggest strength.
You know a player is shit when people cant even figure him out and try to come up with some kinda formula to justify just how he became a professional footballer in the first place :D

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Do not be fooled by one decent game. Has he ever inspired confidence he can be a top level player since he joined us? Rarely.
Unfortunately we do not have money so we are probably stuck with him the next season.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)